Freebase eliquid in the Caliburn G

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I was wondering if you could use freebase eliquid in the Caliburn G with the .8 coil using 18mg net eliquid. It seems to be working out fine now. I'm also wondering if a 70/30 blend would be better for the Caliburn G pods to prevent leaks but then I wouldn't get that throat hit, right? Will small drops of eliquid using 50/50 appearing on the bottom of the pod cause the Caliburn to have internal damage, which sometimes appear like condensation coming out which I simply wipe with a tissue? The condensation is very minimal. Has anyone tried using their Caliburn G this way? I was using 6mg eliquid but needed to up the level because it was too weak and I wasn't getting my proper nicotine fix. The reason I like the Caliburn G for net is because it mimics a cigarette a lot with the auto draw. Thank you in advance for your help.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
No reason it should'nt be fine. Everything I started with 9 years ago is what the Caliburn and Jule pods are based on. High(ish) ohms coils and silica wicks handle 70/30 fine.. even 100% VG if you take your time.

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Florida
No reason it should'nt be fine. Everything I started with 9 years ago is what the Caliburn and Jule pods are based on. High(ish) ohms coils and silica wicks handle 70/30 fine.. even 100% VG if you take your time.

Amen to that - we were vaping on 3.2 volt 510 cigalikes with 2 ohm coils being considered "low resistance" hahah the regular ones were 3 ohms.. It got us off cigarettes though.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Modern factory coil systems, including pods, don't use silica wicks and all of them use much lower resistances than systems 9 years ago did. 9 years ago normal resistance ratings were above 2 ohms and pods today use coils whose resistance ratings are in the lower 1.x ohm range and lower.

All the above translates to much different performance. Not even close to the performance we had 9 years ago. And actually better.

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 22, 2011
    Florida
    Modern factory coil systems, including pods, don't use silica wicks and all of them use much lower resistances than systems 9 years ago did. 9 years ago normal resistance ratings were above 2 ohms and pods today use coils whose resistance ratings are in the lower 1.x ohm range and lower.

All the above translates to much different performance. Not even close to the performance we had 9 years ago. And actually better.

I would have killed for a 1.2 ohm pod in 2011.. lol If someone would have invented one back then they could have priced it at $300-400 and gotten it all day. lol

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread