Freedom VG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevDoc

Jun 25, 2009
I spoke with Chris on this topic the other day. He has not had the positive experience mixing VG over 10% as many of us have had, and he maintained that his quality standards are his first priority. I did suggest an alternate source of VG to see if it worked better(not altering the intended taste).

I am not affiliated with MFS, nor do I intend to speak for Chris on the topic. I simply want to offer some insights on the experience he shared with me.

I read somewhere that MFS had VG juice also. But i didnt see the option on the site.
I called, but i guess the time zones dont match-up :p.
Anyways, i'm looking for some 48mg in maybe 70%vg-30%pg. i'm pretty sure of my tolerance level of pg about now...
Thanks for reading..

Erised

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2009
Florida
humm. well i guess i'll have to cut it myself..
What non-positive results have people had mixing over 10%?

The non-positive result I had when mixing VG as a 50/50 mix -- the vape tasted like straight up corn syrup. Which I guess would be alright if one liked REALLY sweet things. I found it positively disgusting myself though, and it made me feel ill (not ill as in a reaction to the VG, just ill from the taste).

Erised

brownbrown4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego
The non-positive result I had when mixing VG as a 50/50 mix -- the vape tasted like straight up corn syrup. Which I guess would be alright if one liked REALLY sweet things. I found it positively disgusting myself though, and it made me feel ill (not ill as in a reaction to the VG, just ill from the taste).

Erised
i thought distilled water or alcohol (of choice ie: vodka) was needed when using vg because of the super thickness...

Erised

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2009
Florida
i thought distilled water or alcohol (of choice ie: vodka) was needed when using vg because of the super thickness...

I am going to guess this has to do with how thick/thin the e-liquid you are using to cut is -- I didn't have any problem with the thickness when I mixed it 50/50, vaped fine. I did try the vodka in it to try to redeem the taste when a forum member mentioned that might help -- and it did help, a tiny bit, but not enough for me to ever try vaping it again.

Chris sent me plain PG with my order, and I have cut with that and I like it (doesn't make the vape sweet, nor does it leave a sweet after-taste).

Sorry, not trying to discourage you from trying mixing with VG, but you asked for any non-positive experiences. On the flip side of this -- I know there are a lot of members here that cut with VG, and like it just fine. I think it is just a matter of taste preferences.

Erised

brownbrown4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego
I am going to guess this has to do with how thick/thin the e-liquid you are using to cut is -- I didn't have any problem with the thickness when I mixed it 50/50, vaped fine. I did try the vodka in it to try to redeem the taste when a forum member mentioned that might help -- and it did help, a tiny bit, but not enough for me to ever try vaping it again.

Chris sent me plain PG with my order, and I have cut with that and I like it (doesn't make the vape sweet, nor does it leave a sweet after-taste).

Sorry, not trying to discourage you from trying mixing with VG, but you asked for any non-positive experiences. On the flip side of this -- I know there are a lot of members here that cut with VG, and like it just fine. I think it is just a matter of taste preferences.

Erised
NO NO NO.. it's fine ! i'm only a month and 1/2 into this and i'm a sponge for information....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread