FreedomSmokeUSA Specialty Tobaccos Juices in MF Carts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner808

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
GA
I have finally convinced my brother to give e-cigs a chance. He tried a few of my juices and liked a few but he was disappointed that none of them tasted like a cigarette.

Now I have heard that FreedomSmokeUSA is known for their ashy, nasty juices that emulate an analog cigarette very well. My interest is particularly in their PureCig and Wyatt Earp. My concern is the blend; it is a mandatory 50/50 mix.

The vaperite juices I got at a 50/50 mix didn't perform very well to me. Although he liked the slightly burned juice flavor. Go figure.

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone is having success with those juices in MF Carts? Also, are FSUSA juices thinner than normal for a 50/50 mix?

les017

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
Hacienda Heights, CA
I have used both the FSUSA and Vaperite juices listed in the OP and in my experience the FSUSA juices seem to flow and wick better (or at least more freely) than the Vaperite juices. I'm not sure what you mean by MF cart but using the eGo tank the Vaperite juices would stall and give me dry vapes where the 50/50 FSUSA juices had no such issue. Also seeing same results in my GoGo Cartos.

I'd say to give them a try.

Gardner808

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
GA
You can get prefilled FSUSA cartos? In MaxxFusion Carts?

I guess I could order it with extra flavor then cut it with PG to thin it out. I am not familiar with FSUSA so I am not sure what they mean by extra flavor on their site. I guess I will have to go there and start that conversation. I don't want the juice to be over or under flavored.

borisj

Feb 2, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Now I have heard that FreedomSmokeUSA is known for their ashy, nasty juices that emulate an analog cigarette very well. My interest is particularly in their PureCig and Wyatt Earp.

If you're looking for a taste to emulate a cigarette I don't think Wyatt Earp would do the trick. It doesn't taste like a cigarette at all from my experience. I got a nice TH from it though.

les017

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
Hacienda Heights, CA
If you're looking for a taste to emulate a cigarette I don't think Wyatt Earp would do the trick. It doesn't taste like a cigarette at all from my experience. I got a nice TH from it though.

Forgot to mention this in my post as well. I love Wyatt Earp and it's potent, but I agree with you.

PureCig is much more in the right direction for the OP... IMO.

samsmom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
I got off analogs for good with FSUSA's PURECIG and it is mostly all I vape. It is a specialty 50/50 mix and it doesn't work well in BLANK MaxxFusion cartos. You can top off with it, but then you get a mixed taste that is not exactly what I want, so here is what I did to make it work:

I normally vape PURECIG at 12 mg, regular flavor.

I purchased 24 mg at 2x extra flavor and mixed it half and half with straight PG

Now I have 75/25 PURECIG at 12mg and it works fine in the blank MF cartos

Just remember that if you add PG to thin it down you will weaken the flavor AND the Nic strength, that's why I ordered double flavor and twice the mg & of nic.

I still get my 12mg AND the taste!

Gardner808

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
GA
@borisj: Ok. So Wyatt Earp doesn't taste like an analog but I have heard that people who want the feel of analog like this one. Is that true?

@nycsublimegirl: Ahh. That makes sense.

@les017: Thanks for the clarification!

@Frick: Let me know if you like it. Did you order the VG version or the Mixed version of the Tampa? I have heard of Vapenstein. I will check out his reviews.

@samsmom: Brilliant! I have some 25mg/l PG headed my way so I can use that to transform the 24mg double flavor Purecig at a 50/50 blend to a 70/30.

analog

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Was it something I said?
sams, thanks so much for that!

So they taste the same mixing it your way? Reason I ask is that there is directly conflicting info posted in the FSUSA forum about doing just that. In some places they say that 2x isn't really twice as much flavor it's just more, but in others they say that it really is twice as much and diluting it 50/50 works just fine. Great to hear from someone with experience, and with purecig too!

Now, what's the chance you tried the same with their american spirit? In other places on FSUSA forum I've seen it alluded that the ratio of 2x flavoring varries with the flavor!?

RY4Junkee

Moved On
Nov 23, 2010
Wyoming
In my opinion, FSUSA has the best juices out there. Granted, I haven't tried every single vendor either, but I have tried enough to know that FSUSA tastes and vapes the best (50/50 pg/vg, 12 to 24mgs of nic) for me.

In the next order my partner and I are getting, I'm actually going to try PureCig. AmSpirit is my favorite "straight up" tobacco from them, though. I'm getting it in a 30ml. The PureCig in a 5ml b/c I've haven't tried it yet.

Let's just say that Thursday won't be getting here quick enough!! :)

samsmom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
Yes I have no problems with the flavor by cutting it this way. I am sure you could do this with American Spirit, or any of the specialty juices for that matter. The only other one I have actually tried this with is the New/Port and it works great too!

Also - about the FSUSA - would twice the amount of flavoring not create twice the flavor?? I have done some DIY and the more flavoring you add the stronger taste you will get, so I don't understand the reasoning behind twice amt vs. twice the flavor!

I also agree with RY4Junkee that FSUSA juice is the best out there. If I couldn't make it work with my Bloog's I just wouldn't use my Bloogs and use something else!!

sams, thanks so much for that!

So they taste the same mixing it your way? Reason I ask is that there is directly conflicting info posted in the FSUSA forum about doing just that. In some places they say that 2x isn't really twice as much flavor it's just more, but in others they say that it really is twice as much and diluting it 50/50 works just fine. Great to hear from someone with experience, and with purecig too!

Now, what's the chance you tried the same with their american spirit? In other places on FSUSA forum I've seen it alluded that the ratio of 2x flavoring varries with the flavor!?

analog

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Was it something I said?
Also - about the FSUSA - would twice the amount of flavoring not create twice the flavor?? I have done some DIY and the more flavoring you add the stronger taste you will get, so I don't understand the reasoning behind twice amt vs. twice the flavor!
Well someone asked this in the fsusa forum. One person responded with a quote from their customer service saying something to the effect of, 2 times means twice as much as the extra, not twice as much as the original amount. They even pointed out that with some of their flavors, literally doubling the amount of flavor used in the regular formula would leave absolutely no room for PG, VG or nicotine even. In the same thread, someone who sounded official, like they were also a representative of FSUSA contradicted that and said that 2x meant exactly twice as much flavor as the original formula.

so I took the first response to mean that for some flavors, I'm making these numbers up, but lets say there is 3 ml of flavoring and 2 ml of (nic+pg+vg) in 5ml of juice. 1x extra flavor would use maybe 3.5 ml flavoring and 1.5ml of (nic+pg+vg). 2x would be something like 4 ml flavor and 1 ml (nic+pg+vg). In this case, simply 2x the original 3ml flavor would be 6ml, making it impossible to make 5ml of juice.

but then it was contradicted, without directly addressing why FSUSA people had 2 different explanations.

Phew, anyway, thats why I was asking, what really matters is that dillution works! I'm ordering!

edit to add:
maybe this volume of flavoring, and base solvent in the flavorings is what makes different supposed blends act differently. If FSUSA is using more flavors and then topping up with 50/50, that could indeed make a different viscosity than another company or flavor even which uses a different volume of flavoring and then tops up with a smaller or larger amount of 50/50.

Last edited:

nycsublimegirl

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
NYC
yeah per the wiki this is no bueno

"The United States National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health has suggested that diacetyl, when used in artificial butter flavoring (as used in many consumer foods), may be hazardous when heated and inhaled over a long period.
Workers in several factories that manufacture artificial butter flavoring have been diagnosed with bronchiolitis obliterans, a rare and serious disease of the lungs. The cases found have been mainly in young, healthy, non-smoking males. There are no known cures for bronchiolitis obliterans except for lung transplantation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diacetyl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread