Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hi vaper's, the Kit was sent to me directly by Freemax in exchange for an honest review, good reading.
    Looking at the packaging of the Freemax Gemm 80W Starter Kit we see in the front section the representation of the mod, a stylized diamond with the word Gemm inside, an sticker that reminds us of the diamond form conformation of the mesh coils, of the use on the same coils of the famous Freemax tea cotton fiber, instagram & facebook's social icons, and warnings.

On the other side of the box are the specifications of the mod and Gemm disposable tank, a representation of the wattage level based on the color of the LED, the address of the manufacturer and the usual warnings.

On the first of the 2 sides shown in the image below, we find the various warnings together with the various logos and brands.
    On the other side the contents of the kit are listed, on the side we see the bar code and the verifiable scratch and check on the official site.

The kit when the package is first opened.

The entire contents of the kit consist of:

1- Gemm 80w
    1- Gemm disposable tank G1 Mesh of 0.15 Ohm 40-80W
    1- Gemm disposable tank G2 Mesh from 0.2 Ohm 40-80W
    1- Usb Charger Cable
    1- User notice card
    1- User manual
    1- Warranty card
    spare spare part's (refill tank rubber caps)

Technical data

Diameter: 25mm
    Tube height only: 85.0mm
    Height with TPD atomizer: 122,85mm
    Height with Standard Atomizer: 131.65mm
    Tube weight only: 104gr
    Tube Weight + Atom: 122gr
    Standard atomizer capacity: 4.5ml
    Atomizer capacity tpd: 2ml
    Battery: 2.900Mah
    Output wattage level: 40-60-80W
    Output Voltage Range: 0-4.2V
    Output Current Range: 0-42A
    Resistance Range: 0.1-3Ohm

Available colours

The image below shows the Gemm Mod 80w from the side of the Fire button (located at the top) we find the Freemax writing placed vertically, in the other side we find the microusb socket at the top, at the bottom the Gemm logo with the diamond and the word Gem 80w.

The pin is gold plated and sprung, it is surrounded by the C E mark and the disposal logo.
    The base of the Gemm 80W is equipped with numerous vent holes for the battery.

The Gemm disposable tank provides for all its resistances the use of 90% cotton with Tea fibers and 10% organic cotton, all these mesh coils have a diamond texture.

The refill is superior; well depicted in the image below.

The two slots for air inlet are adjustable and measure 13x2mm each.

Some Disposable Tanks seen from below, in the pin area are also indicated the Ohms and the recommended wattage range.

Now we come to the kit and its operation.

All the control of the device is entrusted to a single button, let's talk about the Fire button,
    - 5 clicks to turn on / off the device.

To select the power level, we need to press the key 3 times quickly, red light (low), yellow light (medium), high green light.
    Let's see in the table below and based on the color of the selected LED what are the wattages according to the mounted resistance.

The Fire button also includes the battery check function, during use if the LED is green means that the charge level is between 65% and 100%, yellow 30-65%, red 0- 30%.

The Gemm Mod 80W and its security features.

Personal opinions:

The comparison in the family with the Twister 80W comes naturally and the new Gemm definitely wins hands down!

What you immediately notice is the difference in size:
    The diameter is 25mm for both, in length the Twister reaches 102mm and the Gemm stops at 85mm, definitely a plus for the Gemm.

The Twister 80w battery reaches 2.300mah, the new Gemm has a 2.900Mah battery, 600mah more are not exactly negligible; definitely another plus point for the Gemm!

Power management in the Twister was entrusted to a wheel on the bottom of the mod that varied the wattage by 5watts in 5watts, if on the one hand this solution could be interesting for the use in DL mode is now not recommended for use in MTL. In contrast, the new Gemm can optimally manage MTL sprayers on the bypass (yellow light). Three to zero for the Gemm.

I am testing the G2 Mesh tank from 0.2 Ohm 40-80W of the disposable atomizer. I can only say that it has a libidinous yield! We will see the durability of the coils, but the first puffs are really satisfying, I was surprised, I did not expect such a performance, certainly much of the credit goes to the tea fiber cotton which on these tanks makes it even better than the Twister tank. Four to zero overwhelming.

You can buy this kit with your eyes closed, the Gemm tank is exceptional, you can even think of buying it separately, even better the large 4.5 ml version.

The Gemm tube with its 2,900 mAh, its 3 selectable power levels and its total size of only 25x85mm is absolutely interesting.

I thank Freemax for sending me the Gemm 80W Starter kit: Freemax Gemm 80W Starter Kit – Freemax – Innovative Vape Hardware Manufacturer

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Thanks again freemax Freemax Gemm 80W Starter Kit – Freemax – Innovative Vape Hardware Manufacturer
    for sending me also the Standard Edition of the Gemm 80W, supplied with the G1 tank (4.5ml) and the G2 (5ml) both equipped with the exceptional coils with cotton and tea fibers.

Package content

- 1 GEMM 80W VW Mod
    - 1 disposable 4 ml tank with (Mesh Coil G2 0.2Ω 40-80 W)
    - 1 disposable tank 5 ml with (Mesh Coil G1 0,15Ω 40-80W)
    - 1 USB cable
    - 1 User manual
    - 1 usage warning card
    - 1 Warranty Card * 1 pcs

21.jpg

I had already tested the G1 and G2 coils with Tank TPD (2ml) on the previous GEM 80W TPD Edition, finding them extremely satisfactory, even though their Tank could only hold 2ml of liquid! For this reason I recommended buying the larger Freemax tank versions, specifically those contained in the "Standard Edition" version

Even the Gemm 80W Standard Edition comes with a 0.15Ω G1 Mesh coil, but the tank now contains 5ml of liquid, the G2 supplied is a 0.2Ω Mesh coil all the time, your tank now contains 4ml of liquid, as well as 4 ml contain the G3 and the G4, it is an exception as I have already said the G1 which contains 5ml of liquid, for the reason that the coil being much smaller leaves more space to the liquid around itself.

I remember that all the G1-G2-G3 and G4 coils are all available both in TPD format and in the Standard format that we see below.

22.jpg

Conclusions

I highly recommend this kit to anyone who wants to start with an excellent lung kit, with really low purchase and maintenance costs, in fact, the Gemm 80W from Freemax is a defect-free, high-performance product thanks to the innovative coils and minimal maintenance thanks to cheap disposable tanks, the kit is offered at an exceptionally low price, I've already seen it on some foreign sites at around 20 euros, while the PCTG (recyclable plastic) tanks are sold in packs of two and they have a price around 5 euros.

In the image below we can see the comparison: Freemax Gemm 80W in TPD version and in Standard version

23.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread