Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi there,

Today I have a review for you of the Freemax Mesh Pro tank. It is a tank that comes in 17 different colors and 3 different styles (6x Resin, 5x Metal and 6x Carbon Fiber). The ones I received for this review is the Gold Metal one and Blue Carbon Fiber. I by far like the Metal Gold one more.

[/url
]

[url=https://ibb.co/HYYWNj2]

What’s in the box?

- M Pro with Kanthal Double Mesh Coil 0.2ohm (60-90W)

- 1pc Extra Kanthal Single Mesh Coil 0.15ohm (40-70W)

- 1pc Replacement Pyrex Glass

- 1set Replacement O-rings

- 1pc User Manual

The first thing that stood out to me after opening the box is the size of this tank. In diameter (25mm) it’s a regular tank but its quite tall (59.8mm) which is 12mm taller than my Fireluke 2. The reason these tanks are so tall is because of the tall coils that are used for this tank, see below picture to see the tank and coil difference with the Fireluke 2:

Another thing that was surprising was its weight, while the carbon fiber weighs 70 grams the metal edition weighs 90 grams, which is quite a lot for a tank.

So why would Freemax have such big tank if the Fireluke is already a great tank? Well there is a good explanation for this, the coils are much larger than the fireluke ones and therefor can push much higher in wattage. While the Fireluke 2 coils can reach a maximum of 90 wattage this Mesh Pro has coils that go all the way up to 180 watts (the Regular Firelock Duodenary coil)!

I have received all the Mesh coils that are compatible with this tank, single mesh, double mesh, triple mesh, Quad Mesh and the Quintuple Mesh and I have to say this thing is a beast if its about flavor and cloud production. Especially the Triple, Quad and Quintuple mesh are created for the cloud and flavor chasers. Flavor wise these coils are not better than the FIreluke coils, rather similar, but the cloud production is insane for a drop-in coil Subohm.

[/url
]

[url=https://ibb.co/48GFkLL]

The airflow allows you to have an airy or really restrict direct lung hit. With the Triple, Quad and Quintuple coils around 100 watts and the airflow wide open its steam train, so much vaper production.

What also is cool about this tank that it has 3 glass options for the tank, 4 ML, 5 ML and 6 ML, they also all look different. In the kit you get the 5ML tank preinstalled and the 6ML tank as a replacement. The 6ML tank looks a bit funny in my opinion as it is not the regular type of bubble glass shape, it makes it look a bit like a bongo. Used the 6 ML tank, but switched back to the 5ML tank as it just looks a bit better in my opinion.

The filling of the tank is as easy as the Fireluke, just slide open at the red indicator and fill. This tank also has the small venting hole that exposes once opening the top cap, this makes filling much easier, also it allows to just dump out liquid through the fill port in case you accidently filled it with a nasty or wrong one.

The top cap has a small downside since it is sticking out a bit, also the top cap slides open a bit too easy. With the fireluke I don’t have this issue as the top cap is not sticking out and it also does not slide open that simple, it requires a bit of force. This on the Mesh Pro is a bit of an issue if you are planning to take this tank in your pocket or bag, it might slide open without you wanting to.

Love the tall design drip tip, especially on the metal edition with the tiny carve ins it makes it a very comfortable drip-tip.

The tank can be easily taken apart for cleaning purposes or glass replacements, also I haven’t experienced any leaking issues from the top or bottom. I even left the tank upside down all night on my desk and not even 1 drop of liquid was on my desk. Also left it on its side overnight and no liquid came through the airflow.

My verdict:

Would I recommend this tank? Yes.

Is it better than the Fireluke 2? That depends on what the user wants from a tank. This tank is for those that love massive clouds, good flavor and don’t mind having a big tank. I think it is a real ‘desk-banger’ due to its size and its not a tank that is for those that travel a lot.

Me personally prefer the Fireluke 2, because its smaller and the coils don’t need a lot of power to perform well. I myself like using single battery box mods, then the Fireluke 2 is just a much better option.

The downsides as mentioned are the facts that the topcap sticks out and slides open a bit too simple and the size can be a downside for some.

Flavor wise they are very similar.

The tank is available from 25 to 30 dollars, which is not much for such good tank.

Replacement coils (3-pack) cost around 8 to 10 dollars.

On Elementvape the tank is even available for 16,95 at this very moment:

https://www.elementvape.com/freemax-mesh-pro-sub-ohm-tank

Thank you for taking your time to read my review, wish you a lovely day.

SP013[/url][/url]

• Useful
Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread