Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Ok, I admit I am getting a little nervous and am thinking of getting some nic base in anticipation of federal regulation. I figure at the worst I (we) may be able to buy flavored VG from some of the current juice makers and I can add some of my own stash to get my nic jones. Of course I am making an assumption here, but I can always jump all the way into DIY and buy some flavoring later if need be. But I have some questions about storing my nic base in order to maximize it's shelf-life.

Let's say that I buy a liter of 100mg nicotine base and want to freeze it. When I am ready to use it I will have to thaw the entire liter in order to use a very small amount to get my juice to 6mg. Can I re-freeze? I'm guessing the answer is no, so that leads me to a couple of options:

a) Premix my nic base with enough VG to make it 6mg, then freeze, but that would create gallons of frozen unflavored 6mg juice which would be very expensive and a logistical nightmare regarding storage.

b) Break up the liter of 100mg nic base into 50 or 100 ml bottles and just thaw one as needed.

I figure option b is the logical answer, but am I missing a more obvious solution?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Ok, I admit I am getting a little nervous and am thinking of getting some nic base in anticipation of federal regulation. I figure at the worst I (we) may be able to buy flavored VG from some of the current juice makers and I can add some of my own stash to get my nic jones. Of course I am making an assumption here, but I can always jump all the way into DIY and buy some flavoring later if need be. But I have some questions about storing my nic base in order to maximize it's shelf-life.

Let's say that I buy a liter of 100mg nicotine base and want to freeze it. When I am ready to use it I will have to thaw the entire liter in order to use a very small amount to get my juice to 6mg. Can I re-freeze? I'm guessing the answer is no, so that leads me to a couple of options:

a) Premix my nic base with enough VG to make it 6mg, then freeze, but that would create gallons of frozen unflavored 6mg juice which would be very expensive and a logistical nightmare regarding storage.

b) Break up the liter of 100mg nic base into 50 or 100 ml bottles and just thaw one as needed.

I figure option b is the logical answer, but am I missing a more obvious solution?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Yeah, I always pour my 120ml bottles into 30ml glass bottles for freezing, so that the one I'm using out of doesn't get so much air exposure before it's finished. The others stay in their box in the freezer, safe from light and air.

Andria

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The link above is all of the info you will need to store and freeze your nicotine long term :thumb:

Yep, read it and bookmarked it. And the best part is it's written by a chemist. Nice. :)

And if it talked about bottle color, I'm obviously not paying attention, or have limited comprehension skills. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread