Freezing Nicotine Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Having previously stored nicotine base (100mg in PG) in sub optimum conditions, I plan to store my nic base in the freezer going forward.

Not having a dedicated freezer, this means storing my nic base alongside frozen foods.

I plan on putting the nic base in sealed bottles, inside plastic tupperware, inside a plastic tool box with a pad lock.

Assuming no liquid leakage will occur, is there any danger whatsoever of the food becoming contaminated due to gas/vapour leakage from the nic base?

Secondly, should the freezer get unplugged for a short period, a day or two at the most, would there then be any additional risk of a gas/vapour leakage contaminating the freezer compartment?

I'm probably over thinking/worrying about this, but 100mg nic and food seem like poor bedfellows.

Essentially I guess I'm asking whether nicotine base can form a gas or vapour?

I remember the old trick of keeping a truffle in a tupperware container of eggs in the refrigerator, so that the eggs become infused, through the shell, over night, and give you a nice truffle tasting egg in the morning.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Having previously stored nicotine base (100mg in PG) in sub optimum conditions, I plan to store my nic base in the freezer going forward.

Not having a dedicated freezer, this means storing my nic base alongside frozen foods.

I plan on putting the nic base in sealed bottles, inside plastic tupperware, inside a plastic tool box with a pad lock.

Assuming no liquid leakage will occur, is there any danger whatsoever of the food becoming contaminated due to gas/vapour leakage from the nic base?

Secondly, should the freezer get unplugged for a short period, a day or two at the most, would there then be any additional risk of a gas/vapour leakage contaminating the freezer compartment?

I'm probably over thinking/worrying about this, but 100mg nic and food seem like poor bedfellows.

Essentially I guess I'm asking whether nicotine base can form a gas or vapour?

I remember the old trick of keeping a truffle in a tupperware container of eggs in the refrigerator, so that the eggs become infused, through the shell, over night, and give you a nice truffle tasting egg in the morning.
You ARE Overthinking it. The key thing is the bottles are Sealed, so not possible for anything to get out of the bottle and contaminate anything.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Sounds beyond overkill to me. I keep mine in glass bottles in the freezer, and that's it. I have had 10ml and 30ml plastic bottles in the refrigerator compartment, and at least one of them leaked. As far as I know, there was no contamination of food. I wiped up the liquid, washed my hands and that's it.

There is nothing that I am willing to certify as absolutely safe, but I have had no problems in my storage systems other than that leakage that seemed without harm.

Reactions: Caterpiller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread