French Pipe smells very chemically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland
Hi Everyone,

I took delivery of some 0 nic samples from E-Cigs uk - ordered Friday am arrived Saturday am - escellent service.

However, The bottle of French Pipe seemed to have leaked, the lable on the bottle was damp and there was moisture on the bubble wrap also the smell of the liquid was quite chemical a bit like Meths. I didnt think much of it at the time and just presumed that was what it smelt like.

So I vaped the French Pipe most of Saturday (mixed with TW 18mg tobacco). By Sunday night my throat was a bit raw. I opened the "like smoke" liquid and it smelt great - kind of sweet but what I would expect from a tobacco liquid. I don't know if my throat problem are a coinsidence with trying french pipe or becuase of this liquid? I also changed from a TECC Titan to an Evo on Saturday (so many damn variables!)

So my question is does anyone else notice a chemical/meths smell from their French Pipe liquid? I want to ask others before contacting e-cigs incase this is normal for that liquid.

Thanks in advance Kula.

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
YES, not from smokester! though , havent ordered FP from him in a while but I have recently bought some French Pipe from Freddo, he gets his from Central Trade and that tastes foul, Like Beer Dreggs and plastic..not nice , thats 24mg, he did offer a refund tho.

Another member contacted me today about TW french pipe 24mg and he said the same thing about the flavour and aroma. My TW 36mg is fine and pink in colour, but the TW 24mg was apparently yellow in colour and suffering the foul smell and taste.

That's 3 or 4 people now that I know of saying about the chemical type taste of french pipe from various suppliers..I hope the manufacturers aren't starting to cut corners to keep up with demand..

Smokester!

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
UK
www.liberro.co.uk
Hi Kula

If you're still not getting on with the FP just drop us a line via the online returns form (or email us) and we'll look into it further for you.

We've found that FP is somewhat of an "aquired taste" but the aroma you are describing doesn't sound very pleasant and should be investigated further.

On the rare occassion that we do get a report like this we always investigate and feedback the information and findings to our manufacturer for route cause analysis.

If you need anything else just let us know :)

Smokester!

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland
Hi Kula

If you're still not getting on with the FP just drop us a line via the online returns form (or email us) and we'll look into it further for you.

We've found that FP is somewhat of an "aquired taste" but the aroma you are describing doesn't sound very pleasant and should be investigated further.

On the rare occassion that we do get a report like this we always investigate and feedback the information and findings to our manufacturer for route cause analysis.

If you need anything else just let us know :)

Smokester!

Hi Smokester,

Many thanks for the reply. I was waiting until my throat was a bit better before trying the FP again. I have had another smell from the bottle and really it doesnt seem right. As we are now into the Easter weekend I will wait until next week and go through the returns procedure.

Thanks for your assistance.

Kula.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
Hi Everyone,

I took delivery of some 0 nic samples from E-Cigs uk - ordered Friday am arrived Saturday am - escellent service.

However, The bottle of French Pipe seemed to have leaked, the lable on the bottle was damp and there was moisture on the bubble wrap also the smell of the liquid was quite chemical a bit like Meths. I didnt think much of it at the time and just presumed that was what it smelt like.

So I vaped the French Pipe most of Saturday (mixed with TW 18mg Tobacco). By Sunday night my throat was a bit raw. I opened the "like smoke" liquid and it smelt great - kind of sweet but what I would expect from a tobacco liquid. I don't know if my throat problem are a coinsidence with trying french pipe or becuase of this liquid? I also changed from a TECC Titan to an Evo on Saturday (so many damn variables!)

So my question is does anyone else notice a chemical/meths smell from their French Pipe liquid? I want to ask others before contacting e-cigs incase this is normal for that liquid.

Thanks in advance Kula.

I got the french pipe sampler (and the "like smoke" also coincidentally) but mine doesn't smell of chemical/meths at all. It doesn't smell of very much to be honest, it's very mild. There is maybe a hint of the taste I got with a disposable cigar before (cigar flavour) but not as much.

What colour is it? The sample I have has almost no colour, just a hint of yellow, barely noticeable.

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland
Just wanted to give a quick update in case my original post put any one off French Pipe or E-Cigs.

I have discovered that I have a sensitivity to PG and if I vape heavily my sinuses get irritated and my ability to taste eliquids changes. Smokester has reasured me that the FP smelt normal to him so I reckon my PG sensitivity must have been at play the day I tried the FP. I think it is only fair that I give this information and don't leave a post unfinished.

So please don't be put off E-Cigs or their French Pipe liquid.

Kula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread