Frenilla review!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMEDICx90

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Ohio
Hey guys just thought I would start a review thread for frenilla.

I'm gonna list the items I used to try it out and what I got out of each device and conclude with my favorite setup for the best (completely subjective to my point of view) flavor.

Well I started as I always do, with a dripper. I had a .6 ohm dual twisted microcoil in my patriot atop my nemesis. This is a great cloud chaser build but it lacks on flavor especially for frenilla. Frenilla in this seems to become muted due to the warmer vape and it wasn't very satisfying to me in the flavor realm, however if your looking to chase clouds with a little bit of a backing flavor this might be your style. I do get a butterscotch type of back note on this with this build but I'm almost positive that's just because it gets muted too much.

The second way I tried it was in a vr6( little chinex dripper) with a reduced chamber and air holes drilled out I 1/16th and a single coil running at 1.1 ohms. I got a TON of flavor out of this build. Lots of nice warm Carmel and vanilla notes that really pop on the exhale. The reduced chamber for dripping is definitely the Key for this flavor.

The third and final build was an Ithaka on top of my poldiac UMA. I did what they call a highlander build. Essentially it's a dual coil in the ceramic cup but it crosses over the air hole instead of running beside it. Frenilla absolutely pops in this! It's by far the most true vanilla flavor I have gotten out of any juice or any device. I would highly recommend this atty, and build for frenilla. You get a vanilla in the forefront with a caramel on the back end and a little kick in the middle.

Overall I would highly recommend the third build for anyone who has an Ithaka or a clone of it and really is looking for a perfect cloudy moist vanilla vape.

Hats off to Clarke and Katy for such and amazing flavor and I can definitely say with out a doubt, I will be hoarding this as much as possible each and every run it releases. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Hey guys just thought I would start a review thread for frenilla.

I'm gonna list the items I used to try it out and what I got out of each device and conclude with my favorite setup for the best (completely subjective to my point of view) flavor.

Well I started as I always do, with a dripper. I had a .6 ohm dual twisted microcoil in my patriot atop my nemesis. This is a great cloud chaser build but it lacks on flavor especially for frenilla. Frenilla in this seems to become muted due to the warmer vape and it wasn't very satisfying to me in the flavor realm, however if your looking to chase clouds with a little bit of a backing flavor this might be your style. I do get a butterscotch type of back note on this with this build but I'm almost positive that's just because it gets muted too much.

The second way I tried it was in a vr6( little chinex dripper) with a reduced chamber and air holes drilled out I 1/16th and a single coil running at 1.1 ohms. I got a TON of flavor out of this build. Lots of nice warm Carmel and vanilla notes that really pop on the exhale. The reduced chamber for dripping is definitely the Key for this flavor.

The third and final build was an Ithaka on top of my poldiac UMA. I did what they call a highlander build. Essentially it's a dual coil in the ceramic cup but it crosses over the air hole instead of running beside it. Frenilla absolutely pops in this! It's by far the most true vanilla flavor I have gotten out of any juice or any device. I would highly recommend this atty, and build for frenilla. You get a vanilla in the forefront with a caramel on the back end and a little kick in the middle.

Overall I would highly recommend the third build for anyone who has an Ithaka or a clone of it and really is looking for a perfect cloudy moist vanilla vape.

Hats off to Clarke and Katy for such and amazing flavor and I can definitely say with out a doubt, I will be hoarding this as much as possible each and every run it releases. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, fantastic review Medic! Your Ithaka build sounds like it's poppin'! I am curious to see the flavor improves in the Patriot after some steep time... I've got some 3 month old Frenilla in a very airy Igo-W right now and it's poppin - but - my build is a little higher resistance (.9, still sub-ohm, but just barely). I think you use better batteries in your mechs than I do too, so your wattage is probably quite a bit higher (and over an longer period of time) that my current setup.

Thanks for giving some folks whom have a bottle of The Precious some guidance on how to get it to BOOM, POW, ZING!

IMEDICx90

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Ohio
Wow, fantastic review Medic! Your Ithaka build sounds like it's poppin'! I am curious to see the flavor improves in the Patriot after some steep time... I've got some 3 month old Frenilla in a very airy Igo-W right now and it's poppin - but - my build is a little higher resistance (.9, still sub-ohm, but just barely). I think you use better batteries in your mechs than I do too, so your wattage is probably quite a bit higher (and over an longer period of time) that my current setup.

Thanks for giving some folks whom have a bottle of The Precious some guidance on how to get it to BOOM, POW, ZING!

You know I wonder if .6 is just too low for the frenilla to really shine. I'll rebuild the patriot tonight to be around 1 ohm and see what I can get. I'll also try it with flat ribbon and see where it puts me. :)

WANTED: iHybrid F3cta! If your looking to part with one, PM me details and let's work it out!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
You know I wonder if .6 is just too low for the frenilla to really shine. I'll rebuild the patriot tonight to be around 1 ohm and see what I can get. I'll also try it with flat ribbon and see where it puts me. :)

WANTED: iHybrid F3cta! If your looking to part with one, PM me details and let's work it out!

I always fancied CLS and CB as being high wattage friendly, I need to explore Frenilla more. Maybe (hypothesis) there is a "gap" (between 12.5 watts and 19 watts), or maybe "over x watts" the flavor fades. Not sure, testing is required. :)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
All this talk about Frenilla had me put in a small order (like that's possible :p). I kept it to two bottles this time :p

Thank you for the order my friend.

HNmMTaZ.png

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I've got some Frenilla that's due to arrive any day now. I plan on filling a tank when it arrives then putting it away for a month or so. I can't wait for it to get here. Is it bad that I've ordered twice from Nicoticket over the past week? :)

Jeff

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Nice review. I can't wait to try my frenilla out but I'm letting it deeeeeep steeeeep.

That's a good move imho - the reccomendations on the website are a minimum (4 weeks?). I don't touch the stuff for 6-8 personally. I'm impatient with everything BUT steeping it seems. ;)

IMEDICx90

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Ohio
Well I'm officially home, and the patriot will be rebuilt here within a half hour and I'll report my findings. At about 19 watts I have low flavor, at about 14 I have great flavor, so I'm gonna shoot for like, 17 and see if there is a noticeable difference or not.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Oh btw in case anyone here is a battery nut/ v-drop but for comparisons, my batteries are mnke 1500mah 30 amp 50 pulse and the v drop is .07. :)

Sho'nuff. :)

IMEDICx90

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Ohio
Alright, so here are a few pics to go along with this build.

I used .07 flat ribbon and I twisted it as tight as I could without kinks. I was shooting for 1 ohm, but I got .9 so I'm not gonna complain, it's definitely close enough for the test.

sygata5a.jpg

ze7ypeqe.jpg

Then instead of wicking through it I put it on a cotton cloud, so that the coil gets a little cooler with the air flowing through the entire coil instead of just around it to help combat the flavor loss.

7u2ujana.jpg

Here is a shot of the vapor production from it(much better then my dragons have been):

erusa4us.jpg

This is it after the button has been released:
nyhy6uvu.jpg

So I took a vape, and BAM!!! Frenilla is out of this world with this build! There is a direct correlation with the wattage and how much flavor is perceived in frenilla!

This is by far the best way(in my opinion of course) to enjoy frenilla IF you have the luxury of dripping. If you don't have the ability to drip safely or it's just a hassle wherever you happen to be, then I still highly recommend the Ithaka highlander build.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone looking to get the best flavor out of this juice. :)

If anyone has questions feel free to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread