Fresh e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodrat

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Florida
www.rickviola.com
Wow, there is a difference. I was at the end of my 6mg mixing with zero, (kept in separate gallon jugs for about 2 years) to make 3mg a little at a time then add flavor.
I just opened a fresh 3mg gallon I just got, trying it without flavor and it tasted clean.
Now I wonder if I should throw away the last 8oz of the old stuff away.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Depends if you can still enjoy the flavor compared to the new. Where are you storing it for such a long time? Any chance of not mixing up such a large volume and make smaller batches while keeping your main gallon of ?3 mg nic in the freezer or at least cool in the refrigerator? Where are you getting a gallon of 3/6 mg of nic from? And why not get something more concentrated to simplify storage and just dilute accordingly?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I just finished a 100ml bottle of 100mg nic that I kept in the fridge for almost a year. The last of it was still water clear and had no off taste a few days ago when I used the last of it in a DIY mix session.

My take on that is that you can keep smaller amounts in the fridge as long as they are used up in a reasonable amount of time. The rest of my 2 liters is broken up into 100ml bottles in the upright freezer. I'll take one out for mixing on my next mix day and keep it in the fridge as it's used. The wait time for mixing is nil compared to using a bottle out of the freezer.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I just opened a fresh 3mg gallon I just got, trying it without flavor and it tasted clean.
Pro-Tip: Split that gallon into smaller bottles, preferably glass, and keep all but one in the freezer.

I wouldn't expect 3 or 6 mg to go degrade very quickly at room temperature, but two years is a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread