The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Fresh e-liquid

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Goodrat, Oct 9, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Goodrat

Goodrat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Florida
    Wow, there is a difference. I was at the end of my 6mg mixing with zero, (kept in separate gallon jugs for about 2 years) to make 3mg a little at a time then add flavor.
    I just opened a fresh 3mg gallon I just got, trying it without flavor and it tasted clean.
    Now I wonder if I should throw away the last 8oz of the old stuff away.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Haktuspit

Haktuspit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I've been using the same bottle of nic stored at room temperature for over three years. Can't taste a difference, maybe I'll stick it in the freezer after my next mix to make sure it stays that way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Depends if you can still enjoy the flavor compared to the new. Where are you storing it for such a long time? Any chance of not mixing up such a large volume and make smaller batches while keeping your main gallon of ?3 mg nic in the freezer or at least cool in the refrigerator? Where are you getting a gallon of 3/6 mg of nic from? And why not get something more concentrated to simplify storage and just dilute accordingly?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    As nicotine ages and breaks down there is a color and odor change. When it’s pure it’s clear, colorless and odorless. It slowly gets straw colored and starts to smell like an ashtray. I saw a list of what nicotine breaks down into once. They were here once upon a time. They weren’t great.

5. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I just finished a 100ml bottle of 100mg nic that I kept in the fridge for almost a year. The last of it was still water clear and had no off taste a few days ago when I used the last of it in a DIY mix session.

My take on that is that you can keep smaller amounts in the fridge as long as they are used up in a reasonable amount of time. The rest of my 2 liters is broken up into 100ml bottles in the upright freezer. I'll take one out for mixing on my next mix day and keep it in the fridge as it's used. The wait time for mixing is nil compared to using a bottle out of the freezer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Pro-Tip: Split that gallon into smaller bottles, preferably glass, and keep all but one in the freezer.

I wouldn't expect 3 or 6 mg to go degrade very quickly at room temperature, but two years is a long time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Goodrat

Goodrat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Florida
    I keep the gallon on the floor in the 8 by 8 air conditioned room next to my laundry room where I do electronics, vape stuff and what-not. So, over a month not vaping no flavor. It's fine and I don't wake up after a weekend feeling like, ugh, I chain vaped too much.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 28, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI
    I do the same as @DaveP. I use Nude Nicotine's argon purged nic, in the 120ml bottles, and have never had an issue keeping the bottle I'm using in the fridge. It's always clear with no off taste. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1