friend wants to vape... but only got $150 to spend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I DO NOT recommend sub ohm vaping to any beginner. Raeson, 1 year ago sub-ohm vaping was considered dangerous for all but the most experienced vapers. NOTHING has change but the marketing, since then.

So no ACTUAL reason then?

Just last year's emotional assumptions?

Subox mini kit is GREAT for a starter.

You need literally ZERO knowledge beyond buy a batt with at least 20 amps nominal... the higher the better.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I guess it comes down to.. What does the friend want from vaping? Too make clouds or to replace smoking?

Just. So. Much. Wrong. In. This. Post.

Wrong meaning actually incorrect.

But this is pure BS.

I get it. Some of us don't do it your way... THE (only) right way.

P.S. The air flow, power and coils are all completely user adjustable on the sub tanks.

Unlike your pin hole nautilus, you won't have to take a drill to it if it's not exactly what you want.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
There is NO water in California.

Just like there is nothing dangerous about vaping on a Mech..
If you READ my post I never said there was anything dangerous about vaping. I said that most of the posts about Subohming from about 1-2 years ago warned of the danger.

I just don't think it best that we start out with max power vaping.

There's a man made canal that stems from the bottom of San Diego County up to the mountains over 600 miles north up route 5.

The subox kits are FAR FAR from max power.

:blink:

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
The only problems with the Subox Mini. Are

1. Too much air for someone just off analogs.

2. The premade coils often have too much cotton in them.

I say a Nautilus Mini would be a better entry to vaping than the Subtank mini.
1. Personal preference. Not true in mine or my wife's case.

2. Haven't experienced that problem. Had the subox mini for a while now.

Tapatyped

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
1. Personal preference. Not true in mine or my wife's case.

2. Haven't experienced that problem. Had the subox mini for a while now.

Tapatyped

Will have to agree to disagree. Someone just coming Off analogs it is better to have some thing that the vapor emulates an analog.

We want them to have every chancd of success instead of feeling as if they are being strangled by the vapor and send them running back to analogs they hate.

NY Bimmers

Dec 17, 2015
Just to add my 2 cents, i tried vaping about a year before i stuck with it. I had an ego c twist and a bs wick tank setup. I used it for about a 2 weeks in conjunction with still smoking cigs. Went back with the cigs for another year. Decided to pick up my subox and haven't looked at cigarettes since. The reason i haven't is because of the amount of vapor i can produce. It's far more satisfying to me to see the clouds. Just what worked for me. Different strokes for different folks, no need to start an "us" vs. "them" mentality. I believe the subox with a 1.2ohm occ coil and the wattage turned down will be perfect for someone not wanting to blow huge OMG clouds, but it also allows the person, that if they delve deeper into vaping, not have to shell out more money for a setup that will.

Like i said, just my 2 cents. My gf has her vape pen and loves it, i would lose interest if i ever used just a regular pen. The clouds helped me stick to it and i haven't had a cig since. We're all on the same team of quitting analogs, no matter which path we choose doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Will have to agree to disagree. Someone just coming Off analogs it is better to have some thing that the vapor emulates an analog.

We want them to have every chancd of success instead of feeling as if they are being strangled by the vapor and send them running back to analogs they hate.

What is there to agree on?

Is "personal preference" that difficult to comprehend?

Is it better in your opinion to waste money on gear that's not flexible at all?

Or is it better to have adjustability?

Seriously? :blink:

Have you tried the subtanks?
Do you realize you can adjust the airflow?
Do you realize you can get heads @ 1.5 ohms or build your own coils on the INCLUDED deck?

Your argument holds no water.

There's nothing to disagree about.

Simple facts about the product make their case.

Tapatyped

StaceyB

Nov 30, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hi! I am about 4 weeks in, and I also would recommend the Kanger Nano or Mini. My husband and I got the nano, a friend of ours got the mini. Both were relatively easy for beginners.
Your friend could get one of those and some juice and still have some money leftover. It comes with different coils, and extra tanks aren't horribly expensive if your friend should like it.

Good luck!

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Hi! I am about 4 weeks in, and I also would recommend the Kanger Nano or Mini. My husband and I got the nano, a friend of ours got the mini. Both were relatively easy for beginners.
Your friend could get one of those and some juice and still have some money leftover. It comes with different coils, and extra tanks aren't horribly expensive if your friend should like it.

Good luck!

I have one little issue with your post...

Your friend could get TWO of those and some juice and still have some money leftover.

Congrats on 4 weeks and thanks for your testimony.

SUBOX Mini Starter Kit $46.59 | Vaping Cheap

Kanger Subox Nano $39.95 | Vaping Cheap

LG 18650HE2 2500mAh

Tapatyped

Reactions: StaceyB
There is NO water in California.

Just like there is nothing dangerous about vaping on a Mech..
If you READ my post I never said there was anything dangerous about vaping. I said that most of the posts about Subohming from about 1-2 years ago warned of the danger.

I just don't think it best that we start out with max power vaping.

Oh, I can READ alright. I lived and worked in California, in Silicon Valley between '00 and '03, tons of F-UPS. We had an employee who stored his urine in the refrigerator that we used for food. He use to drink it. And NO, I did not store food in it, but other Californians did.

You implied that in today's world there is some danger lurking with sub ohm vaping which is bull roar. Just get a 200/150/100/75/50 watt box mod that is regulated. No danger at all. Even you could operate it safely.

Reactions: beckdg

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I DO NOT recommend sub ohm vaping to any beginner. Raeson, 1 year ago sub-ohm vaping was considered dangerous for all but the most experienced vapers. NOTHING has change but the marketing, since then.

I suggest an Istick or MVP type regulated box of LESS than 40watts, 20-30watts preferably..... I suggest a Clearomizer like the Nautilus, but if you must a subtank type atomizer with the 1ohm or higher coils and some juice. Could go the Fasttech route and do the whole thing for less than $50. Could do it from a US warehouse/supplier for less than $75.
Calm down. A sub ohm tank with a regulated mod is fine. As long as they aren't pusbjng super high watts with like a 0.1 ohm coil on a snow wolf at 200w when the chip just happens to fail and a short happens. A subox mini kit with a factory .5 ohm coil is not that dangerous. Idk why the word sub ohm scares everyone. It was only dangerous when everyone was building super low to boost the wattage on their mechs. Now we can boost wattage with a chip so its much safer.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Just to add my 2 cents, i tried vaping about a year before i stuck with it. I had an ego c twist and a bs wick tank setup. I used it for about a 2 weeks in conjunction with still smoking cigs. Went back with the cigs for another year. Decided to pick up my subox and haven't looked at cigarettes since. The reason i haven't is because of the amount of vapor i can produce. It's far more satisfying to me to see the clouds. Just what worked for me. Different strokes for different folks, no need to start an "us" vs. "them" mentality. I believe the subox with a 1.2ohm occ coil and the wattage turned down will be perfect for someone not wanting to blow huge OMG clouds, but it also allows the person, that if they delve deeper into vaping, not have to shell out more money for a setup that will.

Like i said, just my 2 cents. My gf has her vape pen and loves it, i would lose interest if i ever used just a regular pen. The clouds helped me stick to it and i haven't had a cig since. We're all on the same team of quitting analogs, no matter which path we choose doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. We want to help people kick the habit.

I recommend people that get a good mod they can use a year or more.

All I want is for people to start vaping that is comfortable for them. If they are still on analogs they may not be ready for big air.

I say emulate what you are used to. When they are ready for big air they only need to upgrade the tank for a tank with more air of or RTA.. This way newbies don't feel like they are being strangled by the vapor and sending them running back to the clearos and very limited airflow as my friend Cindy did.

I have helped Carrie, Jessica, Bill, and Jim kick cigarettes to the curb. Each one of them started with limited airflow emulating the air of a cigarette.

I REALLY learned this lesson. Cindy still won't accept my phone calls and emails go unanswered. The only reason I recommended the Subtank Nano was so she could rebuild the OCC heads if the Govt did something stupid.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
What is there to agree on?

We can agree that we disagree. First time I ever had to explain the phrase "agree to disagree".

Is "personal preference" that difficult to comprehend?

Not at all. Some people like big airflow. Others tootle along. All I am saying is give them the best chance to quit cigarettes. Most people just coming off the Stinkies are NOT READY for big air and big vapor where they feel as if they are drowning. I have helped four people kick the Stinkies to the curb, and every one of them started with the airflow that emulated a cigarette. As their vaping style changes they upgraded the tank when they were ready on their schedule not mine.

All I am saying is don't throw them in the deep end of the pool before they can swim!

Is it better in your opinion to waste money on gear that's not flexible at all?

It is better for them to start vaping where they are comfortable instead of throwing them in the deep end before they can swim. If they have to replace a tank when they are ready for more airflow than throw them into big air and they feel as if they are drowning and send them running back to the Stinkies they hate.

ave you tried the subtanks?
Do you realize you can adjust the airflow?
Do you realize you can get heads @ 1.5 ohms or build your own coils on the INCLUDED deck?

Your argument holds no water.

YES I used the Subtank Nano! I even rebuilt the OCC heads for months before going onto RDAs and then onto the RTAs I use today

YES I know it has adjustable airflow. But closing the AFC ring to a small pinhole still had too much airflow for a true mouth to lung hit. And fully open it didn't have enough airflow for a true lung hit. That is why I moved onto RDAs for better flavor and more airflow.

YES I know you can get OCC heads in different resistance. When I used the Nano, the resistances was .5 and 1.2.

My friend Cindy felt as if she was drowning from the airflow and the vapor of the Subtank Nano no matter what she did, and went running back to the clearomisers with Ego batteries.

It's been six months and she still won't answer my emails or accept my phone calls.

Apparently you have the idea live with more airflow and vapor thsn you can handle until you get used to it. That will send smokers running back to the Stinkies and thinking all vapers are insane.

It is much better to have them upgrade a tank in a couple of months than send them running back to the Stinkies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
We can agree that we disagree. First time I ever had to explain the phrase "agree to disagree".

Not at all. Some people like big airflow. Others tootle along. All I am saying is give them the best chance to quit cigarettes. Most people just coming off the Stinkies are NOT READY for big air and big vapor where they feel as if they are drowning. I have helped four people kick the Stinkies to the curb, and every one of them started with the airflow that emulated a cigarette. As their vaping style changes they upgraded the tank when they were ready on their schedule not mine.

All I am saying is don't throw them in the deep end of the pool before they can swim!

It is better for them to start vaping where they are comfortable instead of throwing them in the deep end before they can swim. If they have to replace a tank when they are ready for more airflow than throw them into big air and they feel as if they are drowning and send them running back to the Stinkies they hate.

YES I used the Subtank Nano! I even rebuilt the OCC heads for months before going onto RDAs and then onto the RTAs I use today

YES I know it has adjustable airflow. But closing the AFC ring to a small pinhole still had too much airflow for a true mouth to lung hit. And fully open it didn't have enough airflow for a true lung hit. That is why I moved onto RDAs for better flavor and more airflow.

YES I know you can get OCC heads in different resistance. When I used the Nano, the resistances was .5 and 1.2.

My friend Cindy felt as if she was drowning from the airflow and the vapor of the Subtank Nano no matter what she did, and went running back to the clearomisers with Ego batteries.

It's been six months and she still won't answer my emails or accept my phone calls.

Apparently you have the idea live with more airflow and vapor thsn you can handle until you get used to it. That will send smokers running back to the Stinkies and thinking all vapers are insane.

It is much better to have them upgrade a tank in a couple of months than send them running back to the Stinkies.

These assertions are ridiculous.

They all depend on the assumption that everyone is or is like your friend Cindy. I have a Nautilus your friend Cindy can have. Just let me know where to send it.

I have totally supported the transition for...

Dan
Kimberly
John
Challie
Andrew
Marian

On the money in my banner...

I've also helped to switch...

Chris
Scott
Jim
Tom
Lil
Juan
Amber
Terrence
Kim
3 Co workers who's name I never remember
2 of my wife's Co workers
Random truckers across the country

Though I don't get the point of naming names. :blink:

Just last week I helped a couple quitters working the fuel desk at a loves truck stop. He had PIF'd his isticks and ProTanks to her.

She was having problems getting a hit. Draw too tight and not enough vapor. She turned up the istick too high and burnt her juice in the head. I showed her how to pull the pin and release the pressure on the insulator so it wouldn't pancake and cut off the air flow. Then I told her to try to keep it at 11 watts or lower until she could get a topper that could handle more.

Meanwhile, he was running a tug something dual parallel box with twisted messes RDA. Didn't have the first clue about his gear. Vape shop built his coil and sold him some thick gplat wire and single sheets of koh Gen do. It was ramping up instantly and burning his cotton on every hit.

I used his kuro coiler to make him a new coil with more wraps.

Then I got my gear out of the truck and showed him how to stretch and wrap koh Gen do for his application, gave him a build box so he could check his resistance, pointed him towards decent batteries that weren't vape shop rewraps, sent him a link to an ohms law calculator and left my number should he ever need assistance.

My wife's 2 Subtank minis don't agree with your assertions on how the airflow works... or that the subox won't allow you to adjust the input for less vapor.

Either way, the subox kits allow a LARGE RANGE OF adjustability that would allow MOST vapers to go from day one probably through their entire vaping experience and be satisfied.

It also JUST WORKS.

I personally spent too many months trying to make inconsistent quality of ProTanks and protank heads work without a hitch. Had I not been determined, I would have quit. After drilling, rebuilding, replacing the grommet with another material, etc, the ProTanks were still not putting out enough for me.

It was the most stressful months of my life.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Point blank and period... what you're asserting/assuming isn't going to work for everyone either...

NOTHING WILL. ;)

So please step off the high horse and down from the soap box. The assertions and assumptions are incorrect. Nobody needs them force fed.

K? Thx.

P.S. Maybe it's time to let Cindy be. A simple case of the wrong gear doesn't lead to what you're explaining without A LOT more to the story. Dunno what was done to her. But apparently she didn't like it.

Tapatyped

Reactions: NY Bimmers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread