• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Friends.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaJo

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Missouri
I feel so honored to know many great people in my life. And I'm talking about people that are just good to the core. I lost one of those people today. We weren't best, best friends but just one of those friends that had moved away but I would still run into her here and there and we would laugh every time we would see each other. We knew each other but didn't KNOW each other. A couple of years younger than me, she was just starting high school when I was getting out. I suppose I got to know her in our adult lives as her children went to the same school as mine, we belonged to the same bunco group and we would also cross paths in our working lives. She was such a bright spot to anyone she came into contact with. Very athletic, hardworking and so quick witted and with such a potty mouth!! She was such a cut up and just a HUGE hoot. She was 46 with 2 children, a daughter in college and a son just starting high school. This little town I live in has lost a very bright spot because everyone knew her.

I also found out today that another great person I know is having serious financial trouble. She is about 10 or so years older than me and taking care of a very sick, homebound husband. She is also one of those people that are just good to the core and you would never know that she may or not have electricity tomorrow. Makes me wonder what is wrong with the world that good hardworking people have to spend their somewhat "golden years" in such a shape. A very good friend and I are going to get together with a couple of other people we have in common with this person and have potluck at her house a couple of times a month. She can't really get out of her house for very long so we are going to take it to her. With plenty of left of leftovers to be left. I so wish I could do more. Might need to play some cards with her tonight and take some snacks that I will conveniently forget and leave at her house. Better yet, she could be my dessert guinea pig!! If nothing else it may bring her some laughs.

I'm totally rambling to a bunch of people I don't even know here but the start of this day has just made me sad. It also reminds me to, after tending to my own family of course, take the time to spread some cheer to others.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I'm so sorry to read about your loss. losing any friend is a big deal. It's wonderful that you're going to be there for your other friend who's struggling.

1173932603xz7qhz.jpg

TheTrulyInsane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Sorry to hear about your friend :( as for the other friend having problems with the sick husband, sometimes what people need the most in life is a reliable shoulder. It's the simple things that we take the time to do that allow us to bond, material things just don't get looked at the same way, so be the shoulder! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread