Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
..we're getting along fine, but she frustrates me to no end. My coil came in the mail on Thursday, it's now Sunday and I've rebuilt it at least once a day.

It was working wonderfully one day, and then I dropped my rig and it stopped working, so I had to rebuild it, and since then I keep having wicking issues. I generally will mess with the liquid control to try and get it so that I can just leave it there and go, but I get dry/burning hits very frequently. I'm getting frustrated.

I would like to be able to build it once a week or so, and I'm hoping that this is just a learning curve that I'm having trouble with.

Am I still strangling the wick? Am I drawing too hard on it? Is there a magic way to do something that I'm missing?

When I first fill it, it's awesome, and then suddenly it just stops being awesome and starts tasting dry and burnt, with the occasional good hit and or flooding.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
I'm sure that someone more experienced will come along soon and cannot say if you are wrapping mesh to tightly without seeing your wick.

When I build a new wick I make sure to drip 2-3 drops of juice in the top like a dripper. If you start with a dryish wick, you may find that you get dry / burnt hits. Also double check that your mouthpiece is screwed down firmly to the Penelope and that the inner screw of Penelope is screwed together tight enough.

Hope that this helps.

Mosin_Sergei

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Nizniy Novgorod Russia
www.mebelalkova.ru
If you hit dry, then turn the mouthpiece clockwise 1 \ 4 turn - make puff .... if you hit a dry continues after 3-4 puffs, then unscrew the mouthpiece of another 1 \ 4 turn .....
If you have a flood, then twist the mouthpiece clockwise until it stops, and drags on "dry" wick. Once the hits start dry, then try otvorayivat horn at 1 \ 4 turn ....
So you can find the optimal position of the horn.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
It happened to me 1 time and the solution is a new wire Xai. I never managed to find what I did wrong. The most possible is the way I made the coil. There is no other explanation
..we're getting along fine, but she frustrates me to no end. My coil came in the mail on Thursday, it's now Sunday and I've rebuilt it at least once a day.

It was working wonderfully one day, and then I dropped my rig and it stopped working, so I had to rebuild it, and since then I keep having wicking issues. I generally will mess with the liquid control to try and get it so that I can just leave it there and go, but I get dry/burning hits very frequently. I'm getting frustrated.

I would like to be able to build it once a week or so, and I'm hoping that this is just a learning curve that I'm having trouble with.

Am I still strangling the wick? Am I drawing too hard on it? Is there a magic way to do something that I'm missing?

When I first fill it, it's awesome, and then suddenly it just stops being awesome and starts tasting dry and burnt, with the occasional good hit and or flooding.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Something I noticed while doing this last rebuild: I was doing a couple test fires on the wick before I put the mouthpiece on, and I noticed that there are a couple spots on the bottom of it that will start to glow red. Is this an issue? Could that be causing a problem?

I also trimmed the bottom of the wicks back a little more than I normally do, maybe that will help a bit.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I made the wires, yes. I'd been trying to do the twist together thing and it didn't work, would come apart whenever I touched it, so I made an elbow on both of them and hooked them together that way. Could that be the problem?

Is there an easier way to put the Nichrome and the Silver wires together? Could that be the whole problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread