FSUSA RY4 /RY5 Lovers I need some Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

the vaporizer

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
New York
As someone who ages juices over 2 months let me assure you the RY4 (and I'd assume RY5, my oldest bottle of it is at 6 weeks now) taste much different with time. I don't know if its because he uses flavorart (I'm not sure I have the brand correct, but its close) vs. the Lorann that many others use or what exactly. I just know I pretty much hate any flavor fresh from the bottle from FSUSA. It varies between not being strong enough to almost tasteless to just not good tasting to not tasting anything like its description to having some overpowering flavor that wasn't expected. But a month or two later, pure joy. Every flavor I've gotten I like and can taste well except his chocolate. Its the only one that's still weak after time. Every other flavor is at least tastably strong or even more flavorful and they all are combos that I find tasty and enjoyable. Every time I grab a new flavor that's been sitting here and I take the first aged taste it pleasantly surprises me. I try all of them fresh from the mailman just so I have something to compare with but then put them away for awhile.

I will say that the RY4 was almost vapable fresh but the tastes just didn't fit together quite right. Once it aged though, sooo yummy.

true...they only get better with time :)

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Thanks, vaporgalinfla. Is it possible that when vaping RY4 on the day and night following receipt of the bottle in the mail that there might not be much vapor -- and cartos feel/taste like they're almost empty in about 1 to 5 minutes, even though they were filled on that same day? IOW, is it possible the juice is not vapable until the cartos have sat overnight?

I had this problem all last night with about 26 cartos that I had filled with RY4. Today, after the cartos sat for about 27 hours since being filled, vaping is fine and normal. I've tested a few of the 26 cartos so far since waking up, and they're all fine, but it was a miserable experience all night long trying to get vapor, throat hits, and a carto that would vape for more than a minute or so.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Thanks, vaporgalinfla. Is it possible that when vaping RY4 on the day and night following receipt of the bottle in the mail that there might not be much vapor -- and cartos feel/taste like they're almost empty in about 1 to 5 minutes, even though they were filled on that same day? IOW, is it possible the juice is not vapable until the cartos have sat overnight?

I had this problem all last night with about 26 cartos that I had filled with RY4. Today, after the cartos sat for about 27 hours since being filled, vaping is fine and normal. I've tested a few of the 26 cartos so far since waking up, and they're all fine, but it was a miserable experience all night long trying to get vapor, throat hits, and a carto that would vape for more than a minute or so.

I've filled cartos right after opening a new bottle and haven't had that problem. Since your cartos are okay today, it sounds more like a filling issue. How do you fill your cartos?

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I use a syringe and drop the liquid into the mouth end of the cartos, after removing the white caps. Sometimes, I use the condom method to fill them. I've only been doing this since the middle of September, but last night was the first time I've had this problem. I do remember, though, that vaping has always been better if I let newly-filled cartos sit overnight. But I've never had any cartos not produce vapor or throat hits within a minute after I start using them -- that is, when I filled them the same day and didn't let them sit overnight. In that case, the flavor usually isn't as good as it will be when I let them sit overnight.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I got a bunch of the C-E2 style cartos in 510 and 808 thread. One of them has RY5 in it. Each time I fill the carto the taste is blah-bland until about an hour passes. Then its fine. Very odd since if I drip from the same bottle I use to fill the carto onto a 901 atomizer the taste is just fine.

Some of the other FSUSA flavors behave similarly but not as much. That is the flavor is weak right after a (re)fill but an hour later the taste is fine, yet dripping onto an atomizer is good also. The RY4/RY5 suffers the most from this odd no-flavor-after-fill thing of all the flavors I'm vaping right now.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
I also use a syringe and put the liquid in from the mouth end. I usually put most of the liquid in, then do a taryn spin for about 3 to 4 sections, then put a few more drops in. Have you ever tried spinning the cartos? This forces the liquid to go down in the carto so they work well right away.

I use a syringe and drop the liquid into the mouth end of the cartos, after removing the white caps. Sometimes, I use the condom method to fill them. I've only been doing this since the middle of September, but last night was the first time I've had this problem. I do remember, though, that vaping has always been better if I let newly-filled cartos sit overnight. But I've never had any cartos not produce vapor or throat hits within a minute after I start using them -- that is, when I filled them the same day and didn't let them sit overnight. In that case, the flavor usually isn't as good as it will be when I let them sit overnight.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I also use a syringe and put the liquid in from the mouth end. I usually put most of the liquid in, then do a taryn spin for about 3 to 4 sections, then put a few more drops in. Have you ever tried spinning the cartos? This forces the liquid to go down in the carto so they work well right away.

Yes, I have, but it was a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't spend much time experimenting with it. I couldn't tell any difference when doing that. I allow enough time for the juice to soak all the way to the threaded end when I'm filling them, and quite often, I'll shake the cartos a little after filling them, so I know the juice is saturating everything inside.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Yes, I have, but it was a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't spend much time experimenting with it. I couldn't tell any difference when doing that. I allow enough time for the juice to soak all the way to the threaded end when I'm filling them, and quite often, I'll shake the cartos a little after filling them, so I know the juice is saturating everything inside.

Hmmm... This is perplexing. What cartomizers are you using?

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Boge 510 from litecigusa.net - 15 hard caps and 20 soft caps. I've been rotating the 15 hard caps since about 09/20 and 15 of the soft caps for about the last week or a little more. Added 4 more new soft caps to the rotation last night, when I was trying to get just one carto to work.

I really believe the RY4 juice from FSUSA (with the mixture I was using with Glycerin and some Apple from MFS) had to sit for long enough to be vapable. I've still not had any problems with any of the cartos since I woke up today. I've vaped 13 of them so far since 3:30 pm today with no problems at all (some of those were not completely full due to trying to vape them all last night).

I'm still waiting for the caramel flavor to come through. The first RY4 I bought about a month ago tasted just like caramel. This bottle tastes very little like caramel. Actually, I can't taste any caramel yet. It'll be okay, but I'll probably buy a bottle of caramel from FSUSA to mix with it in the future.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread