"Fuel injection" system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Minneapolis
I was thinking the other night while swapping out a gunked up atomzier head how cool it would be if someone could come up with a "fuel injection" kind of atomizer system that would directly mist a coil with the ideal amount of juice and eliminate the need for wicks. You could use a spring to create the pressure and the misting head could be electrically actuated to both accurately get the right amount of juice as well as time the mist delivery to match coil heating to avoid burning, with some kind of adjustment to control misting volume to account for varying density/viscosity of juices. Perhaps a cleaning mode (with water or some other appropriate liquid) that could be used to "wet burn" any residue that might build up. Of course microprocessor controlled power output and maybe even regulated coil temperature to ensure the optimum vapor production and minimize gunking of the coils.

Am I crazy or is this possible?

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I was thinking about having the heat coil under a thin heat-conductive layer of glass with a slight bowl-shape and a dropper that fills the shallow bowl when the ignition button is pushed or slid up. Still saving up some money to buy enough of that heat-conductive glass to experiment with. Not doing a good job of saving though since I just laid down $200.00 for an iTaste 134...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread