lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
it is not an ECF problem, other web pages are not displaying full screen

Ctrl 0 is the option to display the page as it is

Ctrl + Ctrl - can enlarge it or reduce it

I think you might be mistaken. I was full screen when I left to eat supper and now that I am back I am thin screened. Unless somebody broke into my house while I was out eating nothing has changed with my computer.

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
Pete54, since you're the only person that has given the most crucial piece of information... could you lower your resolution and report back on if it changed.

lowering the resolution does not help,it only move the space without information to the side.

the solution is fit the info space into the canvas ,

Last edited:

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Pete54, since you're the only person that has given the most crucial piece of information... could you lower your resolution and report back on if it changed.

I changed the resolution and yes the size of the forum part of the screen got bigger but that was to be expected. When making websites in my past I remember that I needed code that would automatically adjust the size of the content of my web page to different screen resolutions, as well as keep the content centered on the screen.

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
the space i marked with green is the space without information

Untitled-1.jpg

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
That's what I thought it was, there are a couple ways to do things when it comes to resolution. You can either just let it do whatever it wants (which means things might not look right), force it to take one size and put a colored background around it (which seems to be what is going on here), or as you stated. The second solution is generally viewed as the best, but has to be tested at various resolutions to make sure that it doesn't do what is being done here (in my case I have just a little grey on either side, it all looks fine).

Not sure what happened to change it, but this should be enough information for the web guys to look into it and get it fixed.

If anyone else wants to post their experience, try to include OS, Browser (and version, if you know), and what resolution your screen is set at currently.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
the space i marked with green is the space without information

Untitled-1.jpg

If anyone else wants to post their experience, try to include OS, Browser (and version, if you know), and what resolution your screen is set at currently.

Now I understand what some people were saying as "Thin".

And YES.

If I set my Resolution at 1280 x 1024 I get Just what Liscab shows.

Win7, IE9, Kirsch 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread