Fuma E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. Newbie here. Just bought a Fuma from a local shop. The extra cartridges I was sold don't fit.. LOL.. I e-mailed Fuma to find out the the thread size. I am assuming they are 808. But not real sure about it. I will repost results of my reply if i get one. Anyway Only cartridge i have is kinda nasty fruity tasting. The repalcements are from CigElectric and are #16 full flavor. I'm not at all familiar with e-cigs in general.. Maybe some insight from you guys will help. Had to quit smoking for work purposes. and the e-cig really does help with a nicotine fix.. Thanks for any advice .. Rebel....:confused:

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
Welcome to the forum, Rebel! Don't have any insight on the Fuma brand, but I've found that unless that local shop is an e-cig shop you're probably looking at an overpriced, poorly made device. Hope you didn't get stuck for too much and glad it brought you here. I'd advise reading the Wonderful World of vaping found in the ECF Library if you haven't already done so. It will answer a lot of questions. Happy vaping!

Thanks TWolf. I payed 40 bucks for the starter kit and it really gives a good nictine kick, I actually didn't want to smoke a real cig for at least 30 to 45 mins after only a few puffs. I just don't know why they can't have a universal thread size to fit all. I can make it fit if I have to but, I would rather find a cartridge that fits properly. Also I paid 20 bucks for a 5 pack of said
replacements that don't fit properly.. I'm going back to the shop and tell Habib I want a refund.. for the replacements.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
This board is somewhat Ego/Riva/Mod-centric. Don't let anyone tell you what you got is garbage when we don't even know what it is. It could be a KR8 and that's not garbage. And any PV that keeps you off cigarettes is not garbage.

If your e-cigarette is 2-piece you may need to get a KR8 carto to see if they fit.

Here ya go - when you have enough posts to send a private message to someone, looks like this person will sell you an individual KR8 carto cheap
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/classifieds-swaps/147150-v4l-cartomizers-various-flavors.html

Then if that works, you can get more at http://www.vapor4life.com/ - note they have two kinds and often don't distinguish what is in what. They have Premiums which are hotter and Coolcarts which I like better. they also sell empties.

Last edited:

crbrown

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Kansas
I bought a Fuma and can tell you its not garbage. I also the Vapor King from V4L and the two don't even compare, I find that Fuma has much better vapor, easier draw, better consistency and better throat hit. The carto's for the Fuma are a little larger and the ones from V4L don't fit it. In fact that's why I was reading this thread, I'm looking for any others that might fit. Fuma only sells in tobacco flavors and you cant buy direct from the company. I'm new to all of this and not sure what model the Fuma is but am looking to expand my options on it or find a product that compares. I would be grateful for any information or help on this.
Thanks

methic2345

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
NYC
hey it seems to be an 808 kit, but $20 for a 5 pack is crazy overpriced, anything over i'd say $10 for a 5 pack of cartos is overpriced, tryy to find out the definate size of the carto (i doubt fuma will tell you because they most likely will want you to buy their cartos for $20)....you may have to buy an 808 and 4081 from another suppplier to see what fits.....if you like automatic batteries go to v4l, i think theyre having a 30% off sale on there...i personally stopped using auto batts because of problems with juice leaking into the battery through the center hole

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
If the V4L cartos don't fit on the Fuma, it's not a kr8. It's possibly a KR808D-2/E9, a favorite of rebranders. There aren't as many options for D-2s as there are for D-1s. You could try something like this or LeCig's Vapriot stuff and consider their D2 battery to D1 carto adapter. Long-term, though, you'll probably want something more standard/compatible with other stuff.

crbrown

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Kansas
If the V4L cartos don't fit on the Fuma, it's not a kr8. It's possibly a KR808D-2/E9, a favorite of rebranders. There aren't as many options for D-2s as there are for D-1s. You could try something like this or LeCig's Vapriot stuff and consider their D2 battery to D1 carto adapter. Long-term, though, you'll probably want something more standard/compatible with other stuff.

Thank you so much!!! After looking at the site you gave, I believe it to be a KR808D-2/E9. This will so hep direct my search and I hope save me lots of frustration and money. I'm on week #4 with out a smoke and it's getting harder and harder to keep myself satisfied, this should help. Thanks again.

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
I was just taking a shot in the dark as well, since the Fuma site is ... less than helpful. But D2s are very common among rebranders and they'll never tell you what it actually is so that you're stuck buying refills from them at double or more the price of anywhere else. There are so many good PV vendors out there that it's a shame the rebranders get all of the advertising. I blame analog prices. When packs of analogs can go for upwards of $10/pack, a rebrander selling 5 cartos ("each lasts as long as 1 pack of cigarettes!" yeah right) for $20 or more it's still a deal in the analog user's brain (they're not doing the math that 50% or more of the price of analogs is tax, which doesn't apply to e-cigs ... yet). I know it was for me, until I came to ECF when doing research after buying a starter kit.

When it comes to PVs, it's generally the rule that you don't get what you pay for. :)

crbrown

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Kansas
I sure the cost (like in all things) some what depends on where you live. I bought the Fuma because I wanted to be able to buy locally if needed, only problem is their limited options. Not sure where the original poster lives but I'm from Hutchinson, Ks and I pay $12.00 for a 5 pack, this seams to be inline with the cost of others doesn't it?
Again thanks for your help methic2345 and toddos!

whatdafrak

Aug 12, 2011
Florida

I can CONFIRM that this is the correct cartomizer: KR808D-2. Moved from Ohio to Florida and couldn't find replacements and took a chance on this post. I ordered them from the link you gave, The Better Way To Smoke - KR808D-2 Cartomizers
A five pack was $7 and they fit perfect and are close to the same juice as Fuma but maybe not as strong. But I did get the low nicotine so might have something to do with it. And I bought some juice I'll have to leave feedback on when I get the chance to use it. I bought 20 cartos and plan on refilling them each 2-3 times before buying more. Was very relieved I didn't have to buy a whole new setup as my Fuma works great and I like it better than the other 3-4 models I've tried. Thanks for the link to these cartos. Saved me a LOT of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread