G6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuljit

Moved On
Jan 4, 2014
I'm about to pick up a new APV and give my Triton kit to a friend. But this new one is bigger, and can't really carry it around concealed in pocket when I need to. Usually I use Blu disposables, but they don't do anything for me. I'm looking at ordering the g6 starter tomorrow. Anyone use these and have an opinion? Is it messy to refill? And does it leak? Any advice greatly appreciated!

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm about to pick up a new APV and give my Triton kit to a friend. But this new one is bigger, and can't really carry it around concealed in pocket when I need to. Usually I use Blu disposables, but they don't do anything for me. I'm looking at ordering the g6 starter tomorrow. Anyone use these and have an opinion? Is it messy to refill? And does it leak? Any advice greatly appreciated!

I have the G6 I use it at work and whenever I'm in public. I find I like the automatics better than the manuals. I use the plain black blank cartomizers and just refill as needed. It is easy to fill a carto they will hold about 20 drops and I hold the carto at an angle and just drip them in. You'll have to drip like 4 drops in and then let that soak in etc. There are videos on you tube showing different methods. You can also use the mini tanks on the G6 and they are alot easier to refill but I use mostly the cartos because it has a sleeker look to me. Cartos once filled as long as you don't overfill will not leak and I've never had a mini tank leak but you have to make sure the mouth piece is all the way in. Of course if you crack a tank in your pocket it will leak with a carto you won't have that problem.

I love the G6.

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Hi Wumpscut! The G6 is wonderful. No leaking and no problems. The cartos are super easy to fill, and you will find them very easy to use. If you like a warmer vape, Halo's LR cartos are really good. It's a good simulation to smoking a cig....good for those times when a little craving may hit. Good luck on your vaping journey.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
What size batteries did you get in the Triton starter kit? One of mine is the 400 mah, and it is really tiny....

20140129_111901.jpg

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Plus, I'm intrigued as to how these cartos will hold up. I'd order them blank because if I can fill them up to 5 times each before losing vapor production, then it may last a good while since I'd only be using them on the weekends for about 5 hours a day.

You can clean your cartos very easily, thereby extending the use of them up to 20x, (or so I've heard)

devil495

Dec 6, 2013
Joisey
I agree that the blank cartos are the way to go with the G6. I've tried mini tanks but find that after one or two refills the vapor is much less than using a carto. The taste is also better with a carto imo. I only use the mini tanks now with my G6 passthrough and find no vapor reduction with the passthrough. I have to assume that because the passthrough is always working at max power that it has something to do with the G6 batteries not being powerful enough to use with the mini tanks after the first few puffs when the voltage drops off a bit.

So, like you, I use my Triton at home and in places where people are used to it but also carry my G6 around for general public vaping. Frankly I am tired of all the questions whenever I pull out a Triton and find that with a G6 (especially using the white batteries) sometimes people don't even notice that it is an ecig and there are usually no (or very few) questions.

I have the G6 I use it at work and whenever I'm in public. I find I like the automatics better than the manuals. I use the plain black blank cartomizers and just refill as needed. It is easy to fill a carto they will hold about 20 drops and I hold the carto at an angle and just drip them in. You'll have to drip like 4 drops in and then let that soak in etc. There are videos on you tube showing different methods. You can also use the mini tanks on the G6 and they are alot easier to refill but I use mostly the cartos because it has a sleeker look to me. Cartos once filled as long as you don't overfill will not leak and I've never had a mini tank leak but you have to make sure the mouth piece is all the way in. Of course if you crack a tank in your pocket it will leak with a carto you won't have that problem.

I love the G6.

Penguins17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I'm thinking about getting a G6 kit as well.

What is the point of the blank cartos though?? I would only want the cartos with sub-z,(they sell those prefilled) the rest for the triton. I always have loose fitting pants and the pockets are always huge since I'm tall so the triton likes to tip and turn in my pocket, and I even accidently sat on it once. So no more triton in the pockets for me. Plus it is very hard for me to drive and vape with the triton.

I want the G6 for public use, and if by triton batteries all die at once.

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm thinking about getting a G6 kit as well.

What is the point of the blank cartos though?? I would only want the cartos with sub-z,(they sell those prefilled) the rest for the triton. I always have loose fitting pants and the pockets are always huge since I'm tall so the triton likes to tip and turn in my pocket, and I even accidently sat on it once. So no more triton in the pockets for me. Plus it is very hard for me to drive and vape with the triton.

I want the G6 for public use, and if by triton batteries all die at once.

The point in getting blank cartos is you can fill it with any juice flavor you want. If you take care of the cartos they can last for several refills. I've had cartos last for weeks.

Penguins17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I get that but if I am only going to fill them with my sub-z why not pay the extra $....

As I look more though I don't know if I want it colored or to just get the white with the tan carts. I don't mind showing off to friends and family but I hate strangers stopping and asking me what it is, what it's like, if they can try it, and where they can buy it. The lime and emerald greens look cool but I don't want to draw too much attention. I think I'll buy the white starter kit and get a pack of unfilled tan carts I guess.

I want to at least hit my break even before I buy some more hardware though.

Also, you guys might see that I changed my signature. I redid my math and it was way off so I fixed it. So I still have a while to go before I can getmy G6, good thing I am not allowed to go anywhere for a few weeks anyway.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
I have a question about the G6 blank cartomizers -- I ordered about 10 of them to use with my smaller battery and cone when I am out and not using the Triton. I haven't used the cartomizers yet because the only juices I can vape are all VG and pretty thick. Anyone have any tips for using thicker juices with carts- do they eventually soak up the thickest juice? Thanks for any help!

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a question about the G6 blank cartomizers -- I ordered about 10 of them to use with my smaller battery and cone when I am out and not using the Triton. I haven't used the cartomizers yet because the only juices I can vape are all VG and pretty thick. Anyone have any tips for using thicker juices with carts- do they eventually soak up the thickest juice? Thanks for any help!

I have the one juice so far that is 100% VG the Vanda, I vape it while at work in a carto. It does take a little longer to soak in while filling but I do get 20 drops into the carto. I also put a toothpick in the tube, not far down into it, but just enough to help plug the hole because VG is thicker and will get in the tube while you wait for it to soak in. Just take it slow when adding drops and let them soak in don't rush it. And it takes longer the first time you fill a new carto than refilling it. Then I let it sit awhile to completely wick before using it. It vapes fine as long as you don't take more than 2 or 3 draws before sitting it down for a minute to let wick back up. After the carto is over half empty it seems harder to wick so I give it a few themometer shakes to force the juice down to the wick. The one carto lasts me all day and I'll top it off each night. But I also have Kringle's Curse and Cherry Blossom Tea in other carto's that I use. I have all three on my desk and just pick up the one I feel like "tooting" on. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread