Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome back for today's review of the Z50 Kit from Geek vape, this kit was sent to me from Geek vape for the purpose of this review. The Z50 device has a built in 2000 mAH battery and has a maximum wattage capacity of 50w, along with wattage the Z50 has 4 other power modes that are TC-SS, TC-TCR, VPC, and BYPASS. Paired with the Z50 is the Z Nano with the new Z logo. This little power house uses the same chip that's used in the new Legend 2 with one small difference. I'll start with some information on the Z50 Kit first.

COLOR CHOICES

GeekvapeZ50Kit20210427_2048x.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE KIT

Standard Edition

• 1 x Mod
    • 1 x Coil Tool
    • 1 x Atomizer (3.5ml)
    • 1 x USB Cable
    • 2 x Geek Vape B Series Coil(Pre-installed: 0.3ohm 30~38W, Spare coil: 0.6ohm 15-25W)
    • 1 x Spare Parts Pack
    • 1 x Spare Glass Tube (2ml)

14_346800.jpg

PARAMETERS

* Kit Size: 84.1 x 30.7mm

* Tank capacity: 3.5ml

* Output Voltage: 0.5V~7.0V

* Support Resistance Range: 0.1~3.0ohm

* Coil: Pre-installed: 0.3ohm 30~38W, Spare coil: 0.6ohm 15-25W

* Battery Capacity: 2000mAh

* Charging Specification: 5V/2A

* Low voltage Warning: 3.2V±0.1V

* PCBA Temperature Alarm: 80℃

* Longest vaping Time: 10s

* Stand-by Current: 10uA

* Operating Temperature: 0 ℃~ 45℃

* storage Temperature: - 20 ℃ ~60 ℃

* Cooling Mode: Natural Cooling

* Tank Size: 22mm x 56.55mm

* Package Size: Length:81mm, Width:81mm, Height: 135mm

12_775bfb.jpg

2000 MAH INTERNAL BATTERY

GeekVape_Z50_Kit_feature3.jpg

ZINC-ALLOY

GeekVape_Z50_Kit_feature5.jpg

FOUR DECORS

z50-07.jpg

NEW Z LOGO

z50-08.jpg

Z NANO TANK

GeekVape_Z50_Kit_feature6.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The Z 50 Kit came packaged like most products from Geek Vape do with a box that slides out of a outer sleeve having the Z 50 Mod in a cut out with the Z Nano tank and accessories as well as your user manual, warning card and other Geek Vape paperwork below.

20210610_133437.jpg

The Z Nano tank is the same Nano tank of past that I already reviewed but the new 2021 version has the new Z logo that still is top airflow making it very leak resistant. Opening the top cap is done with a quarter turn reveling the 2 fill ports across from each other. I wish the fill ports were a bit wider because using a gorilla bottle you can't get the bottle tip into the ports so slow filling is needed or you will create bubbles and juice will begin to back up so always fill slowly.

20210610_143315.jpg

The tank still uses the proven B series of coils that provide great flavor with vapor being full as well. B coils just push into place and are removed by just pulling them out, sometimes they can be difficult to get free so Geek Vape provides a coil removal assist tool. On each side of the coil are 2 large juice supply slots. The tank comes with the 0.3Ω mesh coil pre-installed that is rated for 30- 38w, also included is the 0.6Ω mesh coil that is rated for 15 - 25w.

20210610_144949.jpg

I really like the new logo of the Z series and think the old Zeus face became rather dated so it was time for a change. the Z50 mod has a spring loaded 510 pin and it's top plate can accept a 24mm tank with a miniscule of overhang.

20210610_140530.jpg

The new logo is also on the spine of the Z 50 along with Geek Vape Z written across and a series of vertical lines that bring it all together giving it a attractive appearance in my opinion.

20210610_140111.jpg

Geek Vape has chosen to go with 4 color decors that should please most people. I was sent the gunmetal with a stabilized wood pattern that is inlayed on both sides of the Z50 mod and I like how it turned out.

20210610_150217.jpg

20210610_150015.jpg

The Z 50 uses the same chip that is in the newly released Aegis Legend 2 that I reviewed a few weeks back, the performance is really good and the features of the new chip include instant fire, new color display with 5 options of color . The only difference between the 2 is that the Aegis Legend uses a manual lock to lock adjustments and firing of the mod.

The Z 50 has a electronic wattage only lock while still being able to vape. The color display has a good layout just like the Legend 2 does. From top to bottom the layout reads like this.

* Battery Bar

* Power Mode

*Wattage/Temperature

* Ohms

* Amps

* Volts

* Seconds Puffed/Puff Counter

20210612_130728.jpg

MENU

*Five clicks of the fire button turn the device on/off

*Three clicks of the fire button to enter settings mode

*One click of the fire button in settings mode moves the cursor to select parameters

*Up and down held simultaneously locks wattage adjustments

*Long press the fire button to exit settings mode

*Up and down to change wattage or temperature

*Fire and down at the same time to decrease brightness

*Fire and up at the same time to increase brightness

*Three clicks of the fire button then hold both up and down to change color

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

The first thing that I want to talk about is just how nice the device looks and the Nano tank matches perfectly in color as well as size proportion with the Z 50. I can't speak for all the colors but the gunmetal color that I received looks very attractive.

The tank performs very well using both coils but my favorite is the 0.3 giving me a little bit of warmth running it at 40 watts. Being a user of B coils very often because they perform great with flavor that always hits the mark and more vapor than I need. Just make sure you fill the Nano slowly as I said earlier. Having narrow fill ports is the tanks only con.

As far as the mod goes I really have no cons for it but lots of likes such as the the chip it uses. The buttons are responsive, display is vivid and bright and having 5 choices of colors for the display is a bonus.

As a full kit I think it's a winner and will continue to use it until it's battery becomes depleted in a few years or longer, I stil have built in battery devices that are 5 yrs old and stil work fine so who knows how long.

I would like to thank Allison and Geek Vape for providing the Z 50 Kit for review.

BIGBOB2322

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread