Not open for further replies.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Geekvape AEGIS Boost Plus
I’ve been looking for a new mod and my friend Sue was kind enough to send me Geekvape’s AEGIS Boost Plus recently and since then, I’ve been using it regularly. If you aren’t familiar with it, it’s the follow up to the AEGIS Boost. It’s the latest in the Aegis series. The kit itself includes a pod with 0.4ohm KA1 Mesh Coil installed. It also includes a spare 0.6ohm KA1 Mesh Coil, USB cord and easy to understand instructions which all come in a very nice box.

Aegis-Boost-Plus-Kit-7.jpg

The most notable improvement from the Boost to the Boost Plus is that the Boost Plus takes a standard 18650 battery. It still features a built in USB recharging port but if you are out and about and run low on power, you can simply swap in a new battery until you get back to power. In addition, the pod is almost 2ml larger, so you can take 5.5ml with you on the go – sweet!

What didn’t change is that the AEGIS Boost Plus (ABP) still maintains Military Grape IP67 Shockproof, Dustproof and Waterproof rating. The body itself has a zinc alloy frame and is rubber coated so it’s stain, corrosion, and tear-resistant. Around the back is a real leather cover where your fingers meet. It’s a nice touch of elegance. Some may view the fact that it’s a little less rounded than the previous version as a downside because it’s slightly less comfortable for some to hold but that is nitpicking of the highest order. The gains in capacity and battery interchangeability more than make up for it. The ABP still runs from 5W to 40W and steps up in .5W increments. It also maintains a temperature control mode. Another carry over is the air flow control which is simply one of the nicest I have encountered. It’s super easy to adjust from restricted to wide open and it doesn’t shift around easily. Basically set it and forget it.
Filling the pod is super easy – just lift the rubber cap (which stays attached so you can’t lose it), put your juice nozzle in and squeeze. Then pop the cap back in place. Fire it up and vape to your settings which are adjusted via the screen. Power on is done with 5 simple clicks of the fire button which brings to life an easy to read screen. It shows you battery power level, Watt setting or Temp setting, all of which are adjusted with two simple - or + buttons. You can easily lock the unit with your settings so they aren’t accidently changed. I mentioned it comes with the drip tips but if you prefer your own, it will take any 510 drip tip. The ABP is suitable for MTL and DTL vaping. The micromesh coils mean you will get a rich, intense vape, I can’t speak to their longevity other than I’ve been using the same coil for two weeks and experienced no loss in flavor.

Whether you are new to vaping or an experienced cloud maker, the Geekvape Aegis Boost Plus is an excellent choice. It ticks all the boxes most are looking for: Solidly built, dependable, small yet with good capacity and delivers a quality vaping experience.

Aegis-Boost-Plus-Kit-6.jpg

Brand: Geekvape
Unit: 1Set
Dimensions: 49.5mm by 28.6mm by 114.2mm