Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
In your nightmares
Hi this is my first time reviewing a mod kit, I know this mod has been out for awhile. I purchased the Aegis mini color black/stealth a while back and it immediately became my work mod. I was so impressed with the mini I purchased a second mini the American Flag limited edition.

Introduction
The Geek Vape Aegis mini from Geek Vape. The mini is part of the Aegis line with the same great look, feel, and functions of the Aegis. The mini comes a built in 2200 mAh battery that is using the advanced AS80 chipset that fires fast, accurate and supports temperature control stainless steel, ni 200 and titanium wire. The kit comes with the Cerberus sub ohm tank.

aegis.jpg

Included in the kit
Charging cable
Spare o-rings
Spare seal for charge port
top cap gasket for the cerberus tank
extra straight glass 4ml
bubble glass 5.5ml
spare 0.3 ohm super mesh ka1 coil
warranty card
user manual

Specs taken off the GeekVape website

30.6mm by 58.5mm by 78mm
AS80 Chipset
.05 to 3 ohm resistance range
9 second response time
2200mah Built in battery
Temperature control for SS316, Ni200, and Titanium
IP67 waterproof, shockproof system, dustproof
.91 inch color display
Zinc, leather, silicon, and aluminum materials
Spring loaded gold plated 510 connector

Short Circuit Protection
10s Cutoff Protection
Over heat Protection
Over current Protection
Over Charging and Discharging Protection
Anti Dry hit Protection (TC Only)

Specs for tank
27mm X 46.8mm

The Aegis uses the advanced AS80 chipset firing from as low as 5 watts to max 80 watts. I was suprized at how light weight the mini is and comfortable to use. The menu system is full featured and easy to use. The mini has power, bypass, temperature control, tc-tcr and it has a power curve feature vpc.

Turning the mod on and off is 5 clicks of the fire button. To access the menu system it's 3 clicks, once in the menu the + button will cycle you through the different settings. Once you find the setting you want pressing the fire button repeatedly will allow you to adjust even further. The buttons on the mini are very responsive. The mini charges up pretty quick at 2 amps, the charge was around 60 minutes from a dead battery.

Tank description

The Cerberus tank has good airflow (kind of loud and whistles a little bit) the coil provided in this kit perform great. This tank pairs very well with the mini and is also very attractive. The super mesh x2 coil is rated for 30 to 45 watts. I found 35 watts was good for me with plenty of vapor and very good flavor. The top cap never opened up and the tank did not leak on me.

Performance

The mini looks nice, feels great and is lightweight. I wanted to test out how well the mod performs and how long the battery would last. I started vaping the mini with the Cerberus tank at 35 watts with a full charge I was able to use the mini for 4-5 hours before the battery was at 50%. Using a 2 amp charger the mini was fully charged in 20 minutes. I wanted to see how long the battery would last at lower watts so I put an Innokin Zlide tank with the 0.48 plex3d coil on the mini at 16 watts in tc-tcr mode 420f. It took around 9 hours before the battery was at 50% and was fully charged in 20 minutes.

I am impressed with the Aegis mini, it performs great, I have dropped this mod many times it has taken a lot of abuse. Durability is pretty impressive. The buttons are very clicky and responsive. The screen is very easy to read.

Thanks for reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread