Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hi folks this is my review of the GeekVape Aegis mini kit.

Introduction
    The Geek Vape Aegis mini is the new mod from Geek Vape. The Aegis mini is the baby brother to the original Aegis mod with the same great look, feel, and functions of the original Aegis. The mini differs by having a built in 2200 mAh battery and is using the advanced AS chipset that fires fast, accurate and supports temp control (Stainless Steel, Nickel 200 and Titanium wire). This kit also comes with the Cerberus sub ohm tank.

INCLUDED WITH THE KIT
    * CHARGING CABLE
    * SPARE O RINGS (colored)
    * TOP CAP GASKET FOR TANK
    * EXTRA GLASS (STRAIGHT GLASS 4 ML)
    * WARRANTY CARD
    * SPARE 0.3 OHM SUPER MESH KA1 COIL
    * USER MANUAL
    * BUBBLE GLASS (5.5 ML)
    UNBOXING

20181110_120407.jpg

MEASUREMENTS MOD

* 78MM HIGH
    * 42.5MM WIDE

MEASUREMENTS TANK
    27 X 46.8

MOD DESCRIPTION
    The Aegis mini mod is the baby brother of the original Aegis with the same rubber coating and toughness being waterproof, hard impact strong, and dust protection. The mini fits very well in the hand with no slipping or sliding because of the rubber type coating.

The Aegis uses the advanced AS chipset firing from as low as 5 watts to max 80 watts. It utilizes a alloy frame that makes this mod so light weight and comfortable to use.

The menu system is full featured and so easy to use. You get temperature control in the menu but I don't use it , I use only wattage. The mini has power, bypass, temp control (ss,nic,titanium) and it has a power curve feature (vpc) that works very well.

Turning the mod on and off is 5 clicks of the fire button. To access the menu system it's 3 clicks, once in the menu the + button will cycle you through the different settings. Once you find the setting you want pressing the fire button repeatedly will allow you to adjust even further.

The buttons on the mini are very clicky and responsive. The mini Aegis can be charged at a fast 2 amp that I was blown away with just how fast it really is.

IMAGES

20181110_115733.jpg

20181106_151636.jpg

TANK DESCRIPTION

The Cerberus tank has a very smooth airflow and the coil provided in this kit performed fantastic. This tank pairs very well with the mini and is also very attractive. The super mesh x2 coil is rated for 30 to 45 watts. I found my sweet spot at 37 watts with plenty of vapor and very good flavor. The top cap uses the bayonet style to open and close. While pocketing this kit it never opened up on me. This tank is a winner. The coil wicked very fast with 0 dry hits at all.

PERFORMANCE
    This is where I am going to be gushing with happiness so be prepared. Lets start with the looks of this little gorgeous beast. I brought this to work and one my coworkers that vapes spotted it and just had to have a vape off it, he went back inside and 30 seconds later there was a line of coworkers wanting to see and try it for themselves, all of them were smiling after a few vapes.

Sure the mini looks great, feels great and is lightweight but how well will this battery perform and last. The first day vaping at 37 watts with the Cerberus tank and a full charge I was able to vape for 7 hours,145 vapes before the battery died. Time to see how long charging will take. Using a 2 amp brick the Aegis mini was at full power in 50 minutes. (UNBELIEVABLE).

I wanted to see how long I could get using this beast at low watts so I removed the Cerberus tank and put a mouth to lung tank on at 14 watts to see how long it would last. It took 2 days to kill the battery with 286 vapes - 18 hours (WOW). I am so impressed with this kit and want to thank GEEK VAPE for sending me this to do a honest review.

THIS KIT IS A WINNER !!!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread