rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Hi everybody. This kit was sent to me by Clay at Geekvape for purpose of this review. Thank you @Geekvape_Official for another quality product. I am going to give you my impressions right off the bat.

This is absolutely the best squonker I have tried. It is perfect for beginner squonkers because it is easy to set up and use. I did not receive the part to change it to a regular device but I think that is ingenious. Besides great looks, durability and ease of use. the best feature is the top fill port. No removing the bottle or using a fill tool bottle, just fill it like a pod or tank. It feels good in the hand and the squonk bottle is on the end which I really like. Many squonkers have the bottle on the side which for me makes it awkward to squonk. The Tengu rda is easy to build on and I confess I use it as a single coil but it is a dual coil RDA. I like that the Tengu has a 510 adapter as well. Nice selection of colors for the squonker is available.

I really couldn't find any cons for this kit except I would love to see the adapter plate included. Perhaps it is or will be in the future but did not come with my kit.

The Aegis Squonk kit is a 2 in 1 100w regulated single (18650) battery mod that can be used as a squonker or by adding the add on plate, turns into a regular mod. The Aegis Squonk is waterproof shockproof, dustproof and has the latest AS-100 chip. It supports Temperature Control. The menu is simple to use, just like the Solo with 5 clicks on/off and 3 clicks for the menu. Standard and TPD kit available.

Here is what is in the box:
    1x Aegis Squonk Mod
    1x Tengu RDA
    1x 510 Drip Tip Adaptor
    1x Battery Door Assist Tool
    1x L-Shaped Hexagonal Wrench
    2x N80 Fused Clapton Coil
    1x GV Triangular Tool
    1x Squonk Bottle
    1x 810 Drip Tip
    2x Feather Cotton
    1x Spare Parts Pack
    1x Micro USB cable
    1x User Manual

Tengu RDA:

Size: 24 x 28.3mm
    juice Well Depth: 6mm
    Drip Tip: 810/510(with adaptor)
    Unique deck for easy dual coil building
    Honeycomb airflow for smooth and great flavor
    With Delrin drip tip and PMMA drip tip
    Standard 510 and BF squonk 510 pin included
    Thread: 510

GetAttachmentThumbnail

For more information:
    Aegis Squonk kit
    https://www.facebook.com/GeekVape/

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    After the recent botched Geekvape Aegis Squonk "givaway" and their "we don't really care" attitude about it, I am no longer interested in Geekvape products. If that is their attitude during a promotion before the sale, I have no interest in seeing how they treat people they have already gotten the money from. Which is a shame because this does look like a good product.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    After the recent botched Geekvape Aegis Squonk "givaway" and their "we don't really care" attitude about it, I am no longer interested in Geekvape products. If that is their attitude during a promotion before the sale, I have no interest in seeing how they treat people they have already gotten the money from. Which is a shame because this does look like a good product.

I didn't hear about that. What happened?

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I didn't hear about that. What happened?

They posted a contest here and the instructions were to "Comment below, tell us your first thought about Aegis Squonk". Apparently they meant to say "post to our facebook page", so NONE of ECF's entries were even counted. When asked about it by a few members, the canned reply to each question was :

Hi dear, sorry for the misunderstanding. That is a comment on the FB page. We will consider running a campaign here for the next new vape. Will launched in a month.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I remember that. I sort of figure it is a communication thing. I am more annoyed by some sellers' websites who advertise a 'sitewide' sale and when you ask why the code isn't working, say it doesn't apply to sale or clearance items, lol.

Sorry, that mess happened because they really are great products.

Reactions: stols001

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I remember that. I sort of figure it is a communication thing. I am more annoyed by some sellers' websites who advertise a 'sitewide' sale and when you ask why the code isn't working, say it doesn't apply to sale or clearance items, lol.

Sorry, that mess happened because they really are great products.

That is annoying. I had stuff in my cart at a couple different places and the code didn't work. Like you said, they say sitewide but it doesn't work on everything.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    They posted a contest here and the instructions were to "Comment below, tell us your first thought about Aegis Squonk". Apparently they meant to say "post to our facebook page", so NONE of ECF's entries were even counted. When asked about it by a few members, the canned reply to each question was :

We will remember this after FB bans vaping/tobacco promotion, give-aways and sales.

Cheers
    I

OP: How is the RDA with a single coil? Is it only for DTL or can you MTL on it with a 26 AWG single coil?
    Thanks for the review!

I

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    We will remember this after FB bans vaping/tobacco promotion, give-aways and sales.

Cheers
    I

OP: How is the RDA with a single coil? Is it only for DTL or can you MTL on it with a 26 AWG single coil?
    Thanks for the review!

I
    I am mostly mtl only and that is why I only used one of the coils that came with it. I will use a 28g coil when stock ones are gone.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Yeah, I don't like those link to social media things. That should have been handled differently I mean we are talking ONE product that is NOTHING to a manufacturer especially one as well known as Geekvape.

Also, all you reviewers QUIT trying to convert me to squonking and nice review @ceeceeisme !

Anna
    You don't have to squonk with it, use it as a regular mod if you prefer. Then you have another Solo lol.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Hi everybody. This kit was sent to me by Clay at Geekvape for purpose of this review. Thank you @Geekvape_Official for another quality product. I am going to give you my impressions right off the bat.

This is absolutely the best squonker I have tried. It is perfect for beginner squonkers because it is easy to set up and use. I did not receive the part to change it to a regular device but I think that is ingenious. Besides great looks, durability and ease of use. the best feature is the top fill port. No removing the bottle or using a fill tool bottle, just fill it like a pod or tank. It feels good in the hand and the squonk bottle is on the end which I really like. Many squonkers have the bottle on the side which for me makes it awkward to squonk. The Tengu RDA is easy to build on and I confess I use it as a single coil but it is a dual coil RDA. I like that the Tengu has a 510 adapter as well. Nice selection of colors for the squonker is available.

I really couldn't find any cons for this kit except I would love to see the adapter plate included. Perhaps it is or will be in the future but did not come with my kit.

The Aegis Squonk kit is a 2 in 1 100w regulated single (18650) battery mod that can be used as a squonker or by adding the add on plate, turns into a regular mod. The Aegis Squonk is waterproof shockproof, dustproof and has the latest AS-100 chip. It supports Temperature Control. The menu is simple to use, just like the Solo with 5 clicks on/off and 3 clicks for the menu. Standard and TPD kit available.

Here is what is in the box:
    1x Aegis Squonk Mod
    1x Tengu RDA
    1x 510 Drip Tip Adaptor
    1x Battery Door Assist Tool
    1x L-Shaped Hexagonal Wrench
    2x N80 Fused Clapton Coil
    1x GV Triangular Tool
    1x Squonk Bottle
    1x 810 Drip Tip
    2x Feather Cotton
    1x Spare Parts Pack
    1x Micro USB cable
    1x User Manual

Tengu RDA:

Size: 24 x 28.3mm
    Juice Well Depth: 6mm
    Drip Tip: 810/510(with adaptor)
    Unique deck for easy dual coil building
    Honeycomb airflow for smooth and great flavor
    With Delrin drip tip and PMMA drip tip
    Standard 510 and BF squonk 510 pin included
    Thread: 510

GetAttachmentThumbnail

For more information:
    Aegis Squonk kit
    Great review!

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2017
    www.geekvape.com
    We feel terribly sorry for the misunderstanding. As we promised in the last reply. We will do a giveaway for Aegis Boost here. It is coming on 11th Nov. Have a nice day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread