Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
i recently got the Geekvape Alpha via a giveaway win. It’s a beautiful tank and it vapes well giving me nice flavor and vapor. Right now I’m using the .4 ohm coil and it also came with a .2 ohm coil I haven’t tried yet. One warning about the coils is there’s an o-ring around the bottom of the coil that comes off very easy so make sure it’s there before changing coils.
I didn’t see much on this tank but I was wondering if any folks that have used this tank can recommend a coil or if anyone knows what other coils are compatible with this tank. The .4 I’m using is pretty good but I’d like to know what other options I have because this tank looks good on top of my Cylon and although I usually Squonk or use rta’s, it’s always good to have a drop-in coil tank for when I’m lazy and just want convenience. So if anyone has anything to add about this tank please drop in and give me your thoughts and experiences.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Just watched a review on it yesterday and have it on my list to buy. I wish the dual coil was more in the 0.2 or 0.15 like the FreeMax dual coils (which are fantastic). But I haven't tried the Alpha coils so maybe they are just fine at 0.4.

I do think it is a much better looking tank than the Freemax Mesh Pro and the Falcon.

Looking forward to trying this one out. I have always had good luck with the GeekVape products I have used.

Reactions: madstabber

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Mine was waiting on me when I got home from Florida. Haven't tried it yet, still have 2 Mesh Pro tanks running strong. Will try the Alpha when one of these dies off.

The tank comes with a .15Ω single mesh coil installed. From what I've read on the GV site the only coils available for the Alpha are the .2Ω and .4Ω, where does the .15Ω come from?

When I ordered the tank I ordered a pack of MM X1 .2Ω mesh and MM X2 .4Ω mesh coils, no option to order .15Ω. Both the .15Ω and .2Ω have the same ratings. Was this just a last minute manufacturing change?

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Mine was waiting on me when I got home from Florida. Haven't tried it yet, still have 2 Mesh Pro tanks running strong. Will try the Alpha when one of these dies off.

The tank comes with a .15Ω single mesh coil installed. From what I've read on the GV site the only coils available for the Alpha are the .2Ω and .4Ω, where does the .15Ω come from?

When I ordered the tank I ordered a pack of MM X1 .2Ω mesh and MM X2 .4Ω mesh coils, no option to order .15Ω. Both the .15Ω and .2Ω have the same ratings. Was this just a last minute manufacturing change?
That’s an interesting question. I thought there was only a .2 & .4 coils. After checking multiple sites it’s says .15 installed and .4 included and available for purchase .2 & .4 ohm. Best I can tell is the .15 & .2 are the same coil. I think it’s just a mistake and a misprint. An email to Geekvape could possibly get a definitive answer but I think it’s just a mistake.

• Agree
Reactions: sdennislee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread