Geekvape Athena

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteampunkD

Jun 5, 2014
Europe
I have been using one for a week. Performance wise it's great and a very solid nice hitting squonk. However I'm not a fan of the hand feel and there is WAY to much door play IMO t that being said it's still one of my faves and the included dripper is actually quite nice.

If anyone has any questions please feel free
I got one since Thursday, hitting nicely on 0.14 ohms. Great feel in the hand. But.... I have sparking on the button, where the contact is made. That resulted in a build-up on the plate, and today it stopped working altogether. Needed to strip out the plate and clean
Anyone else having that? I would not like to do that every few days...

Gesendet von meinem FRD-L09 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

SteampunkD

Jun 5, 2014
Europe
By design you will get some arching, but this usually settles down after some use. Disappointing to hear it resulted in it not working after such little use.
Yeah... Was disappointed. Its such a nice vape. Hoping that it gets better with use!

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I got one since Thursday, hitting nicely on 0.14 ohms. Great feel in the hand. But.... I have sparking on the button, where the contact is made. That resulted in a build-up on the plate, and today it stopped working altogether. Needed to strip out the plate and clean

Don't have one but I do use Noalox or DeOxit as a "buffer" on some of my mods to prevent arcing. Seems to work great on my Reo contacts. I also apply the Noalox to the top of my batteries to prevent arcing in my Reo Grands. So far - no pitting after a LOT of use.

Might be worth a try on your Athena contacts.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016

Mine arcs like a .... and I am starting to get buildup .....kind of a bummer

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
I took the contact out and cleaned it and put a little dab of noalox on it. Not arcing and firing every time I press the button now. I'm going to order some of that deoxit gold stuff and see if it lasts longer,as noalox seems to have to be reapplied every couple of days.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
My first squonk, and first mech in use. Not a bad vape at all so far with 9 wraps of 26ga SS ohming out around 0.27. I almost grabbed a pulse 24 when I grabbed this from my local shop but decided to wait to order some more new squonk RDAs online instead. This RDA isn't too bad but my cheeks get warm if I give a purge breath before I vape LOL. Finally I can order a Drop, Pulse 24 and Dead Rabbit. Hopefully we see some good regulated TC squonkers coming out soon, preferably dual battery from Smoant.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Don't have one but I do use Noalox or DeOxit as a "buffer" on some of my mods to prevent arcing. Seems to work great on my Reo contacts. I also apply the Noalox to the top of my batteries to prevent arcing in my Reo Grands. So far - no pitting after a LOT of use.

Might be worth a try on your Athena contacts.

I've seen people mention Noalox and DeOxit in the thread and others as a way to prevent arcing and am hoping that you can help me understand what you guys are talking about.
I just received an Athena today and have read that a lot of people are having issues with it arcing at the fire button contact. I've had a Pulse BF for a couple of months and never had any issues like this so I'm curious about these products. What do they do and how should they be used? Please pardon my ignorance. I'm not a complete noob when it comes to vaping but mech maintenance is something that is a bit beyond me. Hell, just learning about ohms law and battery safety was an accomplishment for me.

Thank you

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
I've seen people mention Noalox and DeOxit in the thread and others as a way to prevent arcing and am hoping that you can help me understand what you guys are talking about.
I just received an Athena today and have read that a lot of people are having issues with it arcing at the fire button contact. I've had a Pulse BF for a couple of months and never had any issues like this so I'm curious about these products. What do they do and how should they be used? Please pardon my ignorance. I'm not a complete noob when it comes to vaping but mech maintenance is something that is a bit beyond me. Hell, just learning about ohms law and battery safety was an accomplishment for me.

Thank you
They are anti-oxidant compounds for electrical connections.Guys have been using Noalox since the Reos mods days,he even included a little baggie of it when you bought a mod from him.I was having arcing issues with my Athena,and it would stop firing,so I put a little noalox on the contact and it fixed the issue.It does need to be reapplied maybe once a week,but a tiny little dap on a toothpick is all you need.You can get Noalox at Home Depot in the electrical section and maybe Loews or small hardware stores.Deoxit gold is better,but does cost more.I know you can get Deoxit gold on Ebay and Amazon,but I haven't been able to find it at any of the big lumber yards or hardware stores.You just put a little dab on the positive contact where it touches the 510 connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread