Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    ► GEEKVAPE M100 (Aegis Mini 2).

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 1.jpg

Almost simultaneously with the release of S100 (Aegis Solo 2): GeekVape S100 Kit (Aegis Solo 2) Review By Frenkyou comes the Mini version with 2,500 internal battery mAh, which Geekvape kindly sent me for the review.

► Before starting, let's take a look at the main characteristics declared by the manufacturer:
    1. Tri-proof mod with IP68 protection rating
    2. 2500mAh internal battery, maximum power of 100W
    3. Buck-boost technology with stable output
    4. Full 1.08 inch screen
    5. Protection from accidental drops
    6. A-Lock slide key
    7. VW / VPC / Bypass / Stealth mode
    8. Adjustable top airflow
    9. Top filling design
    10. coils of the Geekvape B series

Enjoy the reading.

► Geekvape M100 Kit; Packaging:
    The usual packaging with which the kit arrived is not the definitive one, it is a large black cardboard box. Externally, the box shows the Geek vape logo with a specific "sample" not intended for sale.
    Removing the lid you are faced with the usual cordial letter of thanks, with gold fonts on an orange background.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 2.jpg

► Geekvape M100 Kit; Package contents:
    • 1 x Mod M100
    • 1 x Geekvape Z Nano 2 3.5ml Atomizer (pre-installed convex glass)
    • 1 x Mesh-Coil Ni-80 Geekvape B series pre-installed 0.2Ω with range 50 ~ 58W
    • 1 x Replacement Mesh-Coil Ka1 Geekvape B series 0.6Ω with range 15 ~ 25W
    • 1 x Replacement straight glass tube (2ml)
    • 1 x Bag of spare part's
    • 1 x Spare Drip-Tip
    • 1 x USB cable (type C)
    • 1 x User Manual

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 3.jpg

► Geekvape M100 Kit; Technical data and features:
    • Kit dimensions: 136.5x39.3x25mm
    • Weight of the Mod: 125g
    • Battery: Integrated from 2500mAh
    • Maximum power: 100W
    • Screen: 1.08 "TFT color display
    • Working modes: VW, Bypass, VPC, TC-NI, TC-TI, TC-SS, TC-TCR.
    • Maximum output voltage: 8.5V
    • Resistances supported by the atomizer: 0.1-3Ω
    • Charging port: Type C
    • Stand-by current: <10uA
    • Operating temperature: -10 ℃ ~ 40 ℃
    • Storage temperature: -20 ℃ ~ 60 ℃
    • Low voltage warning: 3.3V ± 0.1V
    • PCBA temperature alarm: 85 ℃
    • Longest continuous vaping time: 10 ± 1s
    • Atomizer capacity: 3.5ml
    • Type of atomizer: Geekvape Z Nano 2 Top Afc

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 4.jpg

► Geekvape M100 Kit; Available colours:
    • Silver, Gray, Navy Blue, Red, Rainbow, Classic Black.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 5.jpg

► Geekvape Z Nano 2 Tank; Available colours:
    • Silver, Gunmetal, Black, Blue, Gold, Rainbow.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 6.jpg

► Geekvape M100 Kit; First impressions:
    A few days after starting the S100 Kit (Aegis Solo 2) review I received the M100 Kit model, so despite several similarities between the two products I decided to continue and schedule two separate reviews.

Geekvape M100 Kit is the latest model in the Geekvape Aegis series and is available in six different colors. This new kit uses the 2nd generation of the "Geekvape Tri-proof Tech" (IP68) specification which leads to a higher level of liquid impermeability, dust and shock resistance.

The Mod is equipped with a large capacity internal (fixed) battery, 2500mAh. Geekvape declares that M100 supports a stable output up to 100W, however I see no reason to try to reach such power with a Mod not equipped with at least a 21700 cell. In fact, I find right Geekvape's choice of having accompanied the Kit with an MTL / RDL tank like the new Z Nano 2 with anti-leak design (Top AFC). As on the "sister" S100 also on the M100 we find the A-Lock key for a quick locking of the device when you put it in your pocket. However and for personal habit I would prefer to have also had the classic lock of the "+" and "-" adjustment buttons, in fact this solution allowed with the power lock activated to be able to vape. The large 1.08 inch color screen is common to the S100 version and allows you to see the main vaping data clearly.

In the first photo below, you can see the remarkable aesthetic similarity between the Aegis Max ancestor and the S100.
    M100 comes with a new pleasant look that I will highlight later. For this test I received the black version of this handy and compact kit, the good tactile feeling that M100 gives I consider it a further step forward. Will this be the style of GeekVape's upcoming Tri-Proof Mods?

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 7.jpg

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 8.jpg

► Geekvape M100 Mod; Front / back view:
    The front is practically the same as the S100 with the 1.08-inch vertical color display that adopts enlarged fonts and is bright enough, allowing you to easily view the main and most important data. However I think an improvement could be the introduction of the battery level indicated in numerical percentage instead of the line of green LEDs.
    The adjustment buttons are updated with greater sizing and with the introduction of a rocker for the "+" and "-" keys.

The handle no longer has the classic "belly" but has been redesigned with a straight profile, but on the leather insert there are still the two parallel seams arranged vertically with the 3 nylon strings at the top, this time in black. With the introduction of the "flat" profile handle, in my opinion, nothing has been lost in terms of ergonomics, indeed a few mm in width have been saved.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 9.jpg

► Geekvape M100 Mod; Side view:
    This part has been completely redesigned, the Geekvape technicians have introduced a new type of protective frame giving up the classic one that distinguished all Aegis. The new frame is much thinner than the previous one and is made of heavy and sturdy steel for high structural strength. The A-Lock slider key is placed in a protected position inside an upright of this cover.
    At the center of the side profile we now find a metal plate (one on each side). On both sides and on both metal plates there is the inscription "Geekvape" engraved with the laser and in white color. I liked the new look right away and I don't rule out that Geekvape will adopt it in the future for its "Tri-Proof" Mods.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 10.jpg

Reactions: hittman

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    ► Geekvape M100 Mod; Top and bottom view:
    M100 can accommodate atomizers up to 25mm in diameter with no protrusions beyond the body of the mod, the 510 cup contains a spring loaded / gold plated contact pin. The beveled edge above the display houses the soft waterproof rubber "Flip-cover" that hides the USB-C charging port. The port can also be used for FW update.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 11.jpg

The lower part of the Mod is coated with the same soft silicone rubber used on the USB-cover and in this case it offers noiseless support and considerable grip that helps to keep M100 steadily standing.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 12.jpg

► Geekvape Z Nano 2 Tank 25mm:
    Compared to the previous Z Nano Tank (23mm) introduced on the Mod Z50, this new version "2" differs for a greater air flow, the upper AFC adjustment is wider to seek better performance in RDL especially with the new B series resistance pre-installed 0.2Ω with range 50 ~ 58W. The 510 type drip-tip narrows and compresses the airflow effectively excluding the very open DL vaping, but greatly improves the RDL performance below 50W.
    Below we can see all the pieces that make up the Z Nano 2 Tank; the central trunk, the Top-Cap, the drip-tip, the deck, the coil, the air adjustment ring and the 3.5ml Bubble glass.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 13.jpg

• Refil:
    The closure of the top-cap is the same and effective as the other Zeus, thanks to the interlocking system through the two teeth placed on the body of the atomizer, a half-turn rotation is enough to open / close and access to two big refill slots.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 14.jpg

• Tank structure:
    The two opposing slots measure 12x3mm and carry the air from top to bottom, hitting the coil. The flow subsequently rises in the form of vapor through the chimney.

Two large black o'ring have the task of making watertight the pyrex glass. Centrally between the two o'ring we can see the new Zeus logo first introduced in the 2021 edition Zeus sub-ohm tank.

The two opposite windows for the passage of the liquid are very large and rectangular in shape, in the image below they can be seen with and without the coil installed.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 15.jpg

In the first of the two images below, the two large slits communicating with the air-flow top and the central hole to house the coil are visible.
    With a simple pressure we will insert our coil, unfortunatly in this sample the Tool for extracting coil isn't present.

On the bottom of the tank, the 510 pin is gold-plated and protruding enough. They are always shown on the bottom; the serial number, "designed by geekvape", logo, C E brand, and the product name. The inside of the deck is threaded and on the bottom you can see the end of the gold-plated pin that will make contact with the coil.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 16.jpg

► Geekvape B Series Coil:
    Geekvape has kept the 0.6Ω B-Series coil with 15-25W Range but for this "2" version of the Nano Tank it has introduced a new RDL / DL high potential resistor. The new coils are well sized, taller and narrower than those of the classic Zeus and have a wattage range that ranges from MTL to DL.

The Coil B-Series are equipped with 3 O-rings for optimal leak tightness and the information (Watt Range) is written on the bottom, this allows you to easily identify the characteristics and range of use of each of them even without glasses.

• For my impressions on the 0.6 and 0.3Ω coils, I refer you to the review of Z50 with Nano Tank 1st version, review: GeekVape Z50 + Zeus Nano Tank

• Geekvape B Series Mesh-Coil 0.2Ω with range 50 ~ 58W (pre-installed):
    This resistance for Z Nano 2 tank is indicated to obtain the maximum aroma with the air regulation completely open. However, it is perhaps exaggerated as a range of use, in fact the battery consumption is considerable and at 50W and beyond this power, no advantages in terms of aroma quality are obtained. Furthermore, if you are compulsive in vaping, you will soon find yourself in reserve of energy.
    The new Mesh-Coil is particularly reactive so that you can also use it at powers slightly lower than those indicated in the range to the advantage of a longer battery life.
    At 50W with AFC open about 50% it emits hot steam and a strong Hit. The aromatic yield is optimal at the maximum opening of the AFC and the vapor comes out thick and abundant making it difficult for me to detach myself from the Vaping. The tank if used compulsively tends to overheat but never excessively. While the consumption of liquid with this Coil is obviously quite high. This makes it necessary to fill the tank often, but it is a quick operation, with Z Nano Tank in fact, a 1/4 turn of the Top-Cap is enough to access the refueling two slots.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 17.jpg

► Geekvape M100 Mod; Operation Guide:
    • Power On / Off: Press the Fire button 5 times in quick succession.
    • New atomizer: When a new atomizer is inserted the user is asked to select new / old atomizer.
    • Power Adjustment: Press the "+" or "-" buttons to adjust the power between 5 and 100W, the increment is 0.5W at a time.
    • Menu Navigation: Press the Fire button 3 times to enter the setting mode, press the "+/-" buttons together to cycle through Power, Bypass, VPC, TC-NI, TC-TI, TC-SS and TC-TCR, press and hold the Fire button to confirm your choice.
    • TC-NI, TC-TI, TC-SS and TC-TCR: In the menu press the "+/-" buttons to adjust the temperature up / down between 200-600 ° F / 100-315 ° C each increment will be 5 ° F / 1 ° C
    • VPC (Variable Power Curve): In the menu press the Fire button to scroll and select P1. Press the "+/-" buttons to adjust the P1 power value. Keep pressing the Fire button to move the cursor to P2 and repeat the same operation to adjust the power value P3, P4, P5.
    • Bypass mode: In the Bypass mode menu, the output voltage is approximately equal to the battery voltage (maximum output power and maximum output current are limited).
    • Mod Lock / Unlock: Use the A-Lock slider.
    • Change background color: In setting mode, press the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously to switch to the next theme (Blue, Green, Purple, Orange, Yellow).
    • Screen Brightness Adjustment: Press the "+" and Fire button simultaneously to display the brightness adjustment icon, hold down the fire button and adjust the brightness with the "+" and "-" buttons.
    • FW display: Press the fire button 5 times to turn off the device, during shutdown press the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously for seconds, the version information will be visible for a few seconds, or when the device is off, hold by pressing the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously, the screen will display the FW version number.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 18.jpg

► Geekvape M100 Mod; Battery Protections and Performance:
    • Overheating protection
    • Low temperature protection
    • Triple overvoltage protection
    • Low voltage protection
    • Charge and discharge overcurrent protection
    • Short circuit protection
    • Low Ohm protection
    • Cut-Off: 10s

* The 2500mAh guaranteed by the built-in battery of the M100 Mod was able to indulge me, in MTL mode i obtained 440 Puff at 15W with the 0.6Ω coil. While with the use of the resistance from 0.2Ω in DL to 50W the number of puffs has dropped to 204. I would say all in all that it is a good result in both situations. The complete charging time of the cell is estimated at about 90 minutes.

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 19.jpg

► Geekvape M100 Kit; Final conclusions:
    During the review I highlighted both the positive impressions and the few aspects that can be improved on this Kit. To conclude, I summarize some points that I consider important. I really liked the "robustness" that the new metal frame conveys to the touch, as well as overall I liked the new attractive, refined and well finished appearance of this M100. I think that if this Design is used in future realizations it will not make us regret the so far known Aegis Style.

The chipset and the FW version are the same as the S100 (precise in the indications and reactive to the commands) and the DC-DC storage converter with an output voltage higher than the input allows the Step-Up with semi-discharged battery. The integrated battery management is valid and allows a fully satisfactory autonomy.
    The estimate of the achievable power (100W) deserves a separate discussion, for these powers I recommend using other devices such as Aegis 21700 Plus or Aegis Legend 2.

The tank Z Nano version 2 is practically a Zeus Classico of reduced dimensions, this Tank uses the Coil Series-B which are available in a wide range from MTL to DL. The B-Series coils from what I have been able to test have nothing to envy to those produced by competitors and also the new 0.2Ω resistor has favorably impressed me.

If you are new to the vape I think this kit may be for you, especially for; purchase economy, ease of use, reduced maintenance and the possibility of satisfactory use of both MTL and RDL.

► Thank For reading

► Thanks to Geekvape for sending me the sample for the review.
    Geekvape M100

Geekvape M100 tri-proof Kit 20.jpg

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread