hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The subject of today’s review is yet another new product from Geekvape. I was sent the Geekvape M100 (Aegis Mini 2) for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review. I’ll see if I can live up to the expectations. The M100 includes the mod which has an internal 2500mah and is rated for 100 watts. Also included is the new Z Nano 2 tanks with a 3.5ml capacity and uses the B series coils. The M100 features the second generation Tri-proof technology and uses Buck-Boost technology.

upload_2021-9-9_19-38-14.png

Geek-Vape-M100-Aegis-Mini-2-Kit-Colors.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* GeekVape M100 Aegis Mini 2 Mod
    1* GeekVape Z Nano 2 Tank 3.5ml
    1* GeekVape B Series 0.2ohm Coil (preinstalled, 50-58W)
    1* GeekVape B Series 0.6ohm Coil (Spare, 15-25W)
    1* Drip Tip
    1* Coil Tool
    1* Spare Parts Pack
    1* Spare Glass Tube 2ml
    1* USB Type-C Cable

upload_2021-9-9_19-39-39.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Output Voltage: 8.5V

Support Resistance Range: 0.1ohm-3ohm

Battery Capacity: 2500mAh

Charging Specification: Type-C 5V/2A

Low Voltage Warning : 3.3V±0.1V

PCBA Temperature Alarm: 85℃

Longest Vaping Time: 10±1s

Working Temperature: ﹣10℃~40℃

Standby Current: <10uA

Storage Temperature : ﹣20℃~60℃

E-juice Capacity: 3.5ml (standard)

Color: Silver, Grey, Navy Blue, Red, Rainbow, Classic Black

FEATURES:

1. A-lock design provides accidental press protection

2. All-time stable output system

3. 1.08 inch full screen display

4. 2500mAh battery capacity, 100W max output

5. Type-C 5V/2A charging port with flip cover

6. Equipped with GeekVape Z Nano 2 Tank

7. Compatible with GeekVape B Series Coil

8. Industry-leading IP68 rating water & dust resistance

9. Ground-breaking shock-resistance

10. Leak-proof top-to-bottom airflow

Geek-Vape-M100-Aegis-Mini-2-Kit-A-lock-Design.jpg

Geek-Vape-M100-Aegis-Mini-2-Kit-Charging.jpg

Geek-Vape-M100-Aegis-Mini-2-Kit-Features.jpg

Geek-Vape-M100-Aegis-Mini-2-Kit-New-Tri-Proof.jpg

Geek-Vape-M100-Aegis-Mini-2-Kit-Screen.jpg

Geek-Vape-M100-Aegis-Mini-2-Kit-Stable-Output.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The M100 kit came in the very nice reviewer sample packaging that you may have seen in a couple of my other reviews where once the top is removed there is an orange flap with some writing and flips open to expose the mod, tank, and spare glass in a foam insert with the accessories in a box underneath the insert.

upload_2021-9-9_19-44-16.png

upload_2021-9-9_19-44-35.png

The M100 mod is styled after the new IP68 design used on the Legend 2 which I reviewed some time ago. The mod features the 2nd generation Tri-proof technology to make it water and dust resistant as well as increased shock proof which equates to being better protected in more severe conditions.

On both sides of the mod is the Geekvape name on what I think is a metal plate. On the right side, besides the name, is the A-Lock slide control which allows the user to completely lock the device. I happen to like this feature while some people will complain that the mod cannot lock just the adjustment buttons.

upload_2021-9-9_19-45-13.png

upload_2021-9-9_19-45-30.png

The back of the mod has a padded leather covering with two vertical lines of stitching and three smaller lines of stitching near the top. I think we have all gotten used to seeing the leather on the back of the Aegis mods. However, prior versions had much more of the rubberized coating where now on this new unit it has it just on the bottom and the cover for the USB-C charging port has a rubberized cover.

upload_2021-9-9_19-46-6.png

upload_2021-9-9_19-46-36.png

The top of the mod has four screws holding the top plate in place with the gold plated spring loaded center pin in the center.

The face of the mod has the angled fire button near the top followed by the 1.08” display screen and the + and – button rocker switch below that.

Above the fire button, sitting at an angle is the USB-C charging port cover. The charging rate for this device is 5v/2A.

The display screen shows the following information from top to bottom

- Mode of operation

- Battery level indicator

- Set wattage

- Coil resistance

- Amperage under load

- Voltage under load

- Length of current puff/ Puff counter

upload_2021-9-9_19-47-22.png

upload_2021-9-9_19-47-37.png

The menu operation of the M100 mod is as follows.

- Press the fire button five times to turn the device on or off

- Press the fire button three times to highlight the mode of operation and use the + and – buttons to scroll through the modes which are Power, Bypass, VPC, TC-NI, TC-TI, TC-SS, and TC-TCR

- To lock resistance or reset puff counter, press the fire button three times to highlight the mode and then press the fire button to scroll to either setting

- Press the fire button and + or – button to increase or decrease the screen brightness

- To change the screen color, highlight the mode and then press the + and – buttons at the same time

- To view the software information, turn the device off and then press the + and – buttons

- To do a factory data reset, once the software information is viewable, press the fire, + and – buttons at the same time

Geek-Vape-M100-Aegis-Mini-2-Kit-Tank.jpg

Geek-Vape-M100-Aegis-Mini-2-Kit-Airflow.jpg

Geek-Vape-M100-Aegis-Mini-2-Kit-Coils.jpg

The tank included with the M100 kit is the new Z Nano 2 tank which has a 3.5ml capacity. It utilizes top to bottom airflow. The coils used in the new Nano tank is the B series coils which you may recognize. I believe they were used in one of the Boost mods if I remember correctly. The coils included in the kit are the .2 ohm coil which is rated for 50-58 watts and the .6 ohm coil rated for 15-25 watts.

IMG-6615.jpg

IMG-6616.jpg

IMG-6620.jpg

As usual I found myself running the .2 ohm coil lower than the recommended wattage and really enjoyed the flavor and vapor production at 45 watts. I’m not sure why but 45 watts seems to be my sweet spot with several devices. I liked the .6 coil at 20-21 watts which is well within the operating range. Both coils produced good flavor in my opinion.

You can obviously see that I received the black mod and tank. The drip tip on this tank does not have o rings on it. The o ring is inside the top cap. I know some people like this better but I’m honestly not sure why. It somewhat reminds me of the tip on the original Nano tank. The top cap has six flat spots on the outside edge that makes it a little easier to get a hold of to turn ¼ turn to remove. The fill ports are pretty large on this one and I was able to fill with no mess whatsoever.

The inner chamber has the familiar hand holding a lightning bolt with a circular pattern around it. The coils are simply pushed into place and then the bottom cap is screwed on just like the original Nano tank.

IMG-6614.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I really liked the original Aegis Mini so when I found out that a newer updated version was being released, I was very excited to have the opportunity to test it. For me, the M100 kit was not a disappointment.

I felt like the newer design without as much of the rubberized coating is an improvement. The rubber tends to collect dust and dirt from my experience. I also very much like the A-Lock slide control so I can disable the mod without having to look at it or trying to remember the right button combination. I also like that there is a spare bubble glass included with the kit instead of it shipping with the straight glass and having only one bubble glass included like the original.

The M100 has a good sized battery at 2500mah and with a maximum output voltage of 8.5 volts it does have a buck boost circuit. Also the mod is fairly small for a unit that can deliver up to 100 watts.

The Nano 2 tank seems to be a good tank with small improvements over the original Nano tank like the flat spots on the top cap to make it easier to handle when removing or installing the top cap which is the usual ¼ turn that we see on many Geekvape tanks. I think it’s good that Geekvape stuck with a pre-existing coil by using the B series coils.

During my time testing the M100 kit, I had no leaking, flooding, or dry hits. I really don’t have much to complain about on this one. I guess if I could change one thing then I would like the battery level indicated in a numerical percentage instead of the line of green blocks that Geekvape uses not only on this mod but on several of their mods.

I’d like to thank Geekvape and Allison for sending the Geekvape M100 kit for this review. I have thoroughly enjoyed using it and plan on keeping it in rotation. So, would I recommend it? If you would like a mod with buck boost, a good size internal battery, and some really neat features like the A-Lock slide control then yes I would. It really seems like a well-built device. A big thanks to the dedicated readers. You know who you are. Below is a link to the website if you’d like to take a look for yourself.

Geekvape M100 | Aegis | Geekvape – Pursue a Healthy Vaping Experience. Official Partner of Paris Saint-German

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Another nice review, devices are just getting better and better. Problem is I can't buy every one of them.

I really like this one. I definitely understand not being able to buy them all. I'd hold off anyway. I've got the S100( Solo 2) on the way for review.

Reactions: FranC
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread