Status
Not open for further replies.

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Ha! Yeah, we did stray just a tad, lol. No, I don't have one yet. I am still trying to decide on the squonker I want! The Tsunami was just released, though, so I have a little time. Hopefully someone gets one soon and reviews it here. It really does look like a great rda!

You don't -need- a squonker to get one. Sure, it would be cool, but you can always use it on a conventional mod.
As for the reviews. It's really no different from the original Tsunami, which is an absolutely amazing dripper! I'd go as far as say that it'll be one of the TOP3 drippers of 2016! ;)
Only difference between Tsunami and Tsunami 24 is the size. Since Tsunami is awesome, Tsunami 24 should be awesomer. :D

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
You don't -need- a squonker to get one. Sure, it would be cool, but you can always use it on a conventional mod.
As for the reviews. It's really no different from the original Tsunami, which is an absolutely amazing dripper! I'd go as far as say that it'll be one of the TOP3 drippers of 2016! ;)
Only difference between Tsunami and Tsunami 24 is the size. Since Tsunami is awesome, Tsunami 24 should be awesomer. :D
Wow, that's some seriously high praise! I love that the deck on this one is bigger than the regular 22mm deck. I think it would be a lot easier for me to build on this one, and more cotton means longer coil life! :)

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Wow, that's some seriously high praise! I love that the deck on this one is bigger than the regular 22mm deck. I think it would be a lot easier for me to build on this one, and more cotton means longer coil life! :)

The deck on the regular 22mm is already HUGE. :)
I don't have pics on hand, nor remember exactly how many wraps I had, but... on the regular Tsunami I have dual coils of this: http://www.heavengifts.com/3m-GeekV...er-DIY-Kanthal-KA1-Tape-Wire-26GA-2-32GA.html
I think I had six wraps around a 3mm bit and there are TONS of space left. :)
The amount of build real estate in Tsunami 24 should be ridiculous, heh.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
The deck on the regular 22mm is already HUGE. :)
I don't have pics on hand, nor remember exactly how many wraps I had, but... on the regular Tsunami I have dual coils of this: http://www.heavengifts.com/3m-GeekV...er-DIY-Kanthal-KA1-Tape-Wire-26GA-2-32GA.html
I think I had six wraps around a 3mm bit and there are TONS of space left. :)
The amount of build real estate in Tsunami 24 should be ridiculous, heh.
That's awesome because the main reason I don't build more is because I can never seem to get the coil far enough away from the sides of the RDA, or I get it too close to the posts. I just found it too frustrating to keep tinkering with it enough to get it right.

Reactions: v1ks_

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
That's awesome because the main reason I don't build more is because I can never seem to get the coil far enough away from the sides of the RDA, or I get it too close to the posts. I just found it too frustrating to keep tinkering with it enough to get it right.

Well, I started out in a full DIY mode. First purchase was a Goblin Mini, some Ti wire, base and flavours. First build took me aroun two hours lol, because, well, the Goblin Mini really is Mini. The deck on that thing is tiny... but, once I manged to build on there, everything else became quite easy. Save for TFV4. I'm almost glad I lost it. Whoever designed the R2 RBA, should feel bad about themselves. :lol:
Velocity deck. Any day. Every day.

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Soooo... I got my Tsunami 24 from Heavengifts yesterday.
Every bit as good as the original one, with even more space for builds. This particular one might not be fancy and pretty, but, meh, it heated up evenly and I wanted to vape it badly so left it as is...

x7f2nJR.jpg

Six wraps of Geekvape's Twisted Clapton 26/32ga wire around a 3.5mm bit and still plenty of space left! Personally, I'd like to get a quad coil build going in there... :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Soooo... I got my Tsunami 24 from Heavengifts yesterday.
Every bit as good as the original one, with even more space for builds. This particular one might not be fancy and pretty, but, meh, it heated up evenly and I wanted to vape it badly so left it as is...

x7f2nJR.jpg

Six wraps of Geekvape's Twisted Clapton 26/32ga wire around a 3.5mm bit and still plenty of space left! Personally, I'd like to get a quad coil build going in there... :)
Very cool! Wow, the well looks really deep, too. I bet it really chucks the clouds! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Haven't bothered checking the official specs (as in, checking them myself), but yeah, the thing is pretty amazing. Juice capacity should be 2.5ml, which is pretty impressive, considering some RTAs come in at 2.5-3ml. :)
That's awesome! 2.5 ml is HUGE for an RDA! :)

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
What's the 510 pin like, how much does it protrude.

Would you recommend to use on a direct to battery 510?

Sorry for being late to the party...
Got out my caliper and measured the centerpin. From the bottom of the RDA, to the end of the centerpin (bolt tightened down), it's ~4.9mm. With the bolt loosened, it's ~ 6.1mm. Hope this helps.

Also, if anyone has some pics with Tsunami quad coil builds to share, I'd be thankful! Still scratcing my head if I should try horizontal, or vertical...

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
No fancy or interesting builds for me, i'm afraid... i have a legit excuse though. I love my Tsunami's so much, I can't force meself to waste any time trying different builds on them - I just want to vape 'em!

As for leaking, nay, I can't say I've noticed mine leak, without my help. By that I mean that I'm a sloppy dripper. I overdrip way too often and flood everything with juice. Using a 22 and 24 Tsunami at the same time is not funny, actually... You get used to the 24 and then drip too much into the 22 - floooooood!

Then you pick up the 24 afterwards and don't drip often enough, resulting in a dry hit, haha!

But i love them, I absolutely love them. I didn't really consider myself a dripper-kind-of-guy, before i started using Tsunamis... but they're just THAT good. I'd consider carrying one with me, but i just know i'll make a mess and have juice everywhere. :lol:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
No leakage at all. Just be smart about it and do not tip the heck out of it............ I usually fill the well from the center?
Thanks, Dave! So far I have heard nothing but good things about this RDA. I am just such an avid tank fan that it's hard for me to imagine going "backward" with regard to how often I need to refill juice. It sounds like the well on this one is deep enough to not make it feel like I am spending most of the time dripping, or am I misreading? Of course, using it with a squonker would all but eliminate that issue, lol. I am very happy that so far I haven't read about any issues with leakage. Thank you again for your input! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
No fancy or interesting builds for me, i'm afraid... i have a legit excuse though. I love my Tsunami's so much, I can't force meself to waste any time trying different builds on them - I just want to vape 'em!

As for leaking, nay, I can't say I've noticed mine leak, without my help. By that I mean that I'm a sloppy dripper. I overdrip way too often and flood everything with juice. Using a 22 and 24 Tsunami at the same time is not funny, actually... You get used to the 24 and then drip too much into the 22 - floooooood!

Then you pick up the 24 afterwards and don't drip often enough, resulting in a dry hit, haha!

But i love them, I absolutely love them. I didn't really consider myself a dripper-kind-of-guy, before i started using Tsunamis... but they're just THAT good. I'd consider carrying one with me, but i just know i'll make a mess and have juice everywhere. :lol:
Ha! I don't even need to go anywhere to make a mess, and I use tanks! I'm thinking about buying stock in baby wipes. :D

That's funny AND sad about your dripping woes, my friend. The thinks we vapers put up with for that perfect vape, amirite? :) I'm happy to hear you are still loving the 24. I think my mind is made up. I honestly had no interest in an RDA until this one was announced. I have tried them in the past and they are just sitting unused, but this one really does sound like a whole different ballgame. I really appreciate your feedback and experiences so far. :)

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Oh, I'm not sure about that 'putting up with stuff' part... I mean, i don't have to flood your table/lap/etc with juice to have a good vape. It's just me being a sloppy dripper, especially while gaming, I mean, who has the time to keep up with when was the last time you refilled and how much did you refill, while you're amidst a boss fight in Witcher 3, lol! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread