Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    1.jpg

Geek vape Zeus Max Sub-Ohm tank

The tank Zeus for Geek Vape is undoubtedly one of the most important workhorses, over the years it has been proposed both in regenerable versions and in versions with replaceable coils, the Zeus has always been a good success in sales. Today I would like to talk to you about the latest evolution of the Sub-ohm tank that maintains the system with Top-to-bottom flow and uses new Mesh Coils, this new item has been renamed Z-Max.

Enjoy the reading

2.jpg

Packaging:
    That receipt is probably not the definitive box, or if it were, it is really sober in its one full black hue.
    On the front it shows only the Geek Vape logo and some sinuous textures.

On the back there is the wording "Sample", this confirms the previously expressed doubt.
    On this surface are listed the characteristics of the Tank, the color indication (Gold), legal trademarks / logos, the address of Shenzhen Geekvape Techynology Co, .LTD, telephone numbers and social networks of the group.

3.jpg

Packing list:
    1 x Zeus Max Atomizer (4ml)
    1 x Geekvape M Series Coil Pre-installed: 0.14Ω, 60-80W
    1 x Geekvape M Series Coil: 0.2Ω, 70-85W
    1 x Replacement Glass Tube 4ml
    1 x Replacement Drip Tip 810
    6 x Spare O'ring
    1 x Warning Card
    1 x User Manual

4.jpg

Features Z-Max Tank:
    Construction material: SS
    Dimensions: 26mm at the base, 32mm at the center, 55.85mm in height (tip included)
    Weight: 80g
    Capacity: 4ml
    Drip-Tip: 810
    Thread: 510
    AFC: Adjustable Top-to-bottom
    Coil type: Geekvape M series
    Drip Tip: 810 replaceable

5.jpg

Available colours:
    Black, Gunmetal, SS, Gold, Blue, Rainbow.

6.jpg

First impressions:
    To begin describing the new Z-Max I decide to visually compare it to its Z-Classic predecessor.
    Analyzing both of them I realized that the differences visible from the outside between the new and the old version are minimal or almost nil, the design is almost the same, except the design of the knurls at the base of the tank, the Top AFC slots in the Z-Max they are slightly wider (14x3mm) as well as the measures of the liquid intake holes visible through the Pyrex glass have increased.
    The total dimensions of the two tanks, compared to an identical height, are naturally greater in the new Z-Max which at the base goes from 25mm to 26mm and at the center goes from the previous 28mm to the current 32mm.

7.jpg

The new Z-Max (like the previous one) can be completely disassembled for an accurate cleaning of the elements, it immediately appears as an atomizer of simple construction without particular innovations, in practice "old school" but with the prerogative of being "antileaking" thanks to the system Top-to-bottom AFC, should maintain the very good performance of the previous series.

8.jpg

In search of the differences between the new and the old I keep analyzing the components of the Z-Max, the Top-Cap has an O'Ring inserted internally to hold the 810 type Drip Tip which should be in delrin, the strange thing is that the spare one appears identical to the pre-assembled one, a questionable choice that offers no alternative but to use another one of your favorite drip-tips, provided you have a smooth 810 type without O'ring.

9.jpg

The Top-Cap exploits the "bayonet" joint with 1/4 turn rotation (open close). The slots for refilling the liquid appear well sized for any spout. For the leak tightness of the Top-Cap we find a silicone o'ring and here too nothing new, but a reliable and tested system.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    In this image we can see the central body of the Z-Max from different angles; in the center the zeus logo peeks out, we also see the 3 large white o'ring, two of which guarantee the tightness of the pyrex glass and one guarantees the tightness of the air adjustment ring (removable). At the top you can also see one of the two airflow slots completely open or partialized by the control ring and at the bottom we can see the new design of the large windows for the passage of the liquid towards the coil.

11.jpg

The internal conformation of the bell has a greater volume than the previous one but maintains the same design.
    Lately we see more and more systems for inserting the `` pressure '' coils to the detriment of the screw ones, the former are far simpler and faster, in this image you can see the large central hole where with a simple pressure we will insert our coil, the seal is guaranteed by two orange O'ring present on the coil itself.

Note in the image below, the air passage system called Top-to-bottom (indicated by the arrows), aspirating, the air is channeled by the AFC and pushed downwards, through the two slits of the bell is conveyed towards the under-coil slot and finally goes up towards the Drip-tip in the form of Vapor.

12.jpg

13.gif

After inserting the coil, the deck has a thread to be screwed to the central body.
    Inside the deck you can see the white insulating gasket around the contact pin.

The 510 pin is gold plated, on the bottom of the atom, the serial number, designed by geekvape, C E marks / disposal and the product name (Geekvape Z) are laser engraved.

14.jpg

The image below shows the two types currently available of the new M series Mesh Coils, one is a "single" and the other "triple", also note the evident larger dimensions of the new Type-M coil compared to the previous one version for the Zeus classic.

15.jpg

Final Considerations:
    The vaping test of this atomizer I did with Mod Geekvape Aegis X 200W, liquid 50/50 with Suprem-e Balique aroma diluted at 10% + booster at a concentration of 1.5mg / ml.
    The choice not to use a 70/30 liquid is due to what I had on hand, but also to the fact that this atomizer allows the use of liquids that are not too dense as being a Top-airflow it does not suffer from leaks.

- Single Mesh Coil: 0.14Ω, 60-80W:
    Starting at 60W with AFC wide open, the puff is soft and fat, very large, the suction proceeds accompanied by a strong but not at all annoying rustle, you can make really dense beautiful clouds, continuing in search of the right heat / flavor balance. choking the AFC to 50% of its opening, in this condition Z-Max expresses itself at its best.
    Going up to 70W the coil enters an optimal regime and with the AFC at 50% of its opening it maintains an appreciably "calm" level of heat, with AFC wide open and Puff deeper the aromatic yield remains unchanged but the clouds increase.
    At 80W (Max) the coil does not seem to suffer, but it likes the full opening of the AFC, it pushes hard and if we inadvertently slow down the force in the suction the steam can be hot, I find that 70W is more than enough also because when you are tired to vape with AFC completely open you can easily look for more hits by closing the air adjustment ring without the heat ever becoming too intrusive.

- Triple Mesh Coil: 0.2Ω, 70-85W:
    Compared to the Single Mesh-coil I was expecting a more open Puff, in reality the puff of this Triple-mesh Coil is less large and succulent, even pushing it to the limit of 85W (max) does not seem to reach the same aromatic peaks. In general, the positive considerations made previously remain even if slightly less satisfactory, if I had to buy the replacement coils I would choose (for my taste) the excellent Single Mesh Coils.

Highlights:
    - Good build quality that is immediately noticeable in the smooth and sliding threads of the couplings.
    - Practical trimming thanks to the comfortable and large buttonholes and the effective and fast opening / closing system of the Top-Cap.
    - AFC system with performance inherited from the previous Zeus, the result of the happy combination of the upper airflow directed from top to bottom that creates a nice boost in ascent and in combination with the new coils (in particular the Single Mesh-Coil) it conveys even better both the hit and the aromatic qualities of the liquid.
    - System watertightness, again thanks to the Top-to-bottom circuit.

The Zeus sub-ohm tank project has basically remained unchanged, we are therefore talking about an "Old School" atomizer and as you will have understood there are no safety systems / children and it is not possible to change / coil with the tank completely full of liquid.
    However, I must say that just as the previous version of the Zeus Sub-ohm did not disappoint me, neither did the new Z-Max. This atomizer will not have innovative safety features, but it has a robustness and a construction quality that I think is evident! It also works damn well, certainly at least as good as its previous brother.
    The new reinterpretation of the Zeus subject of the test, I think it can worthily satisfy the neophytes who want to approach the DL vape, but also those looking for a powerful system with comfortable prefabricated resistances and want to be protected from annoying liquid leaks.
    For these reasons and for the impressions gained I recommend it.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks to Geekvape for sending me the product for free in exchange for my honest evaluation.
    Geekvape Z Max Tank

16.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread