General question on the "top half of"

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
Can't really post in carto or clearo forums because this will ((i hope) cover both.

I love my pro tanks, though i have now broken the threads off 4 of them...Apparently i am too rough on them. I like my carto tank but i keep getting crap cartos, or something. I've tried all the "top choices" in cartos and have had zero luck.

I need recommendations on good, durable top pieces. I don't care if its a clearo, carto tank or dripper(though i honestly do not want to drip).

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there

Nev NYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Bronx, NY
I would say try a cheap genesis style atomizer like an AGA-T2 and see how you like it. You build your coil yourself so its going to vape as good as you build. They're pretty solid and actually the heaviest toppers I have. I don't have the patience to mess around with mesh and wire regularly so I don't use them much but they're popular and if you like them then there are so many options for better more high quality genesis style attys that you'll find a really good one that'll work great.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
if you are breaking the threads on that many Protanks, then sooner or later you might futz the threads on your device.

Tank Airflow Controller

you might want to look into one of those. it allows you to adjust the airflow on the Protank to reduce the "airy" draw AND it will protect the device's threading.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
not boiling but running hot wather through them then blowing them out , letting them dry.

Those of you that posted links for the pro tank bases...THANK YOU!

I have no interest in rebuildables. I love my gadgets and could likely wrap coils but i just have no desire to put that much effort into vaping currently.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I by-passed the protanks and went straight for the evod after reading that the protank was a bit on the heavy side and had a tendency to break off at the threaded end. I am very happy with both the longevity and performance of my evods. If you have already invested in protank replacement coils you will be happy to know that they will work in an evod as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread