generic replacement coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
I very rarely use factory made coils, if the tank don't have an option for an RBA I won't even buy it anymore. I usually stick to RTA, RBA, and RDTA now. I really like building my own coils, the whole vape experience is in my control.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I used to rebuild but got tired of it. I may get back to it later but for now just getting your guys' input on pre-made coils.

I get that. I’m just learning to build because I think it’s a worthwhile skill set, but I have enough junk needs fixing in my world. No pleasure in building for me.
I’ve used generics for various tanks. but never again. There tend to be lots of duds, so you’re not saving any money. You want to save money, right? Try fasttech. Authentic for cheap.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I used to rebuild but got tired of it. I may get back to it later but for now just getting your guys' input on pre-made coils.
    I haven't yet heard of anyone that ordered them. Usually it's someone complaining that they received them expecting oem. I would think that fastech might be a good supplier. Maybe we here can find you the most affordable place to order from.?

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I tend to stay away from knock off coils (although sometimes they aren't lousy) mainly because you are buying an unknown product from an unknown clone maker, and I tend to worry about what the coils are constructed from and whatnot.

I have plenty of RTAs, but a few drop in coils I am not willing to give up on. I usually use FT (if any of them are aspire coils, well, FT sells them, you have to order something, then refund it for gift certificate credit. That or use bitcoins and well, if I had any bitcoins I would not be spending them on COILS, let me put it that way). It's a bit of an annoyance the extra step, but I think aspire was only willing to "deal" with FT if they got put on some special "status."

But, buying from FT is often cheaper than going after ebay cloned coils and the results are more reliable. I just buy them in bulk, so I can forget about them. I also love the Joytech CLR coils as they can be rewicked and rebuilt.

Eh, I'm also a vaping hoarder a bit, I keep my spent coils and have downloaded videos to rebuild them (the nautilus coils look impossible) but hey if I even wind up in a vape bunker, well, I'm going to need to find stuff for the husband to do and etc.

Those who rebuild nautilus coils tend to say it's not worth the effort, and after watching rebuilding videos, I tend to agree with them.

I still have a nice, full jar of "spent" coil heads. LOL. Vaping hoarder, that's me.

I do think planning ahead (I know Ebay can be appealing because it is quick, but I will say, for the most part (provape excluded, it's hard to fake a provari) I have NOT had good experiences at Ebay and unless you find a particular store that partners with a manufacturer and/or just has good feedback, well, you are sort of "buying blind" and I did not enjoy my brief forays into that particular realm, for anything much vaping related at all.

IMO it's not worth it, I guess you'll need to decide for yourself. The savings can be found other places if willing to wait a bit, and buy when on sale and etc. etc.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: Beamslider

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    I've used Subtank/Toptank generic replacements, and totally by mistake. I dropped a 5-pack of them in my Fasttech cart and didn't think to make sure they were authentic. They worked fine, but they lasted for about half the amount of juice consumed. At about 2/3 the cost of the real ones, it turned out to be more expensive. I think I still have one or two left from that order, almost a year ago.

I love Eleaf mods. Their tanks are mehhh and the coils are not good. For the Melo mini that comes with the Pico and other Eleaf kits, I liked the Atlantis coils much, much better. Better juice and airflow and better flavor.

bubba106

ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2018
    Well the coils I use, the mesh for the falcon tank and the new mesh coils for other tanks are the same price or close than the price on fasttech, if fasttech even has them available yet. I can get some coils from directvapor which has free shipping and other sites that give free shipping at 30.00 so if you stock up and order three packs it's free shipping. I don't know about you but I'm not gonna order one box of coils at one time from any site so getting free shipping is easy.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread