Genesis DID Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
Hey guys, I need some advise, been surfing the web a lot and I can't find answers for this.

I usually don't have problems with my genesis style attys, but occasionally I make a mesh and wrap a new coil and my SS wick gunks up. All I do is to make a new mesh and coil it again. As for THE DID, I've been using it the past few days with this lime juice, and it gunks up at the top coil very quickly. I usually don't have this problem, but then I've been having this problem the past few days and I made a new wick and coil each day. The coils fire perfectly, no hot spots etc and when I dry burn, they fire evenly.

The mesh is approx 25mm, rolled it fat (so it fits just nice into the wick hole), using 30 AWG Kanthal 2/3 wraps. I can use a toothbrush to brush it off, but it isn't advisable. I use this setup on the Genesis Maxi and I have no problems, on the Genesis LV I have no problems, but lately I've been getting this problem...

Could it be the juice? Or could it be the fact that my wick is too thin? Oh, sometimes my juice bubbles at froth at the wick but it be vaping just fine as blow away like the way a DID should. Thanks for the help in advance!! :vapor:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
funny you should ask this, i own a DID as well. for months i vaped a 90% vg juice with no problems. recently i changed to another juice that is a 50% and am now having this problem. not sure if it relates to the pg/vg mix though it might have to do with the potential sweetner added. with this being the problem i have expiermented with sliding the wick out of the coil to wash off&reburn and at the same time pulsing the coil to clean. i have had pretty good results sliding out the wick and sliding it back in. usaully i use a pretty fat wick rolled hard which wicks really good but i am wondering that with these particular juices maybe the wick could be gunking up, if that is the case maybe a wick with a large hole in the middle could be better? havent tried this though. by the way what juice were you using?

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
I'm not sure what's the mix in this juice, but I think it is 40VG on this. Could be the sweetener, but then I'm having problems for other juices such are tobacco flavored, dark colored or light colored juice have the same problem... I'm guessing it could be the wick problem cause it only happens at the top coil. Slide the wick out and burn the coil, doesn't work for me as well... So i've been wrapped a new coil the past few days, which is quite frustrating.. Because for the Gen LV, I wrap a 4cm wick so it doesn't wick, the gen maxi a 3-4 cm wick so it wick hard and well (as it is central wicking)

Will try with a 30mm wick, I hope it will get some positive results :)

By the way, I vape about 12-13Watts on this therefore I shouldn't have any problems. And thanks for the inputs guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread