Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The conventional wisdom beginner tank was once the crown 1 because it is fairly simple, reliable, and will do both DL and MTL. I’m not sure if something better has come out or if they are even still available. @stols001 is likely to have better knowledge than me here.
I personally avoid painted tanks because they all eventually flake or peel in my experience. Everything I got that still works is stainless.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Well first you are buying something called "voopoo" and second, they are point blank telling you, "it's a drag". :D

Seriously I have never used that device. I did watch some reviews when they were new and i think there were some problems. I "think" it had something to do with the clock and not firing. Those issues may or may not have been fixed with firmware by now. I could be thinking about the wrong mod too. I am sure someone will be by to correct or corroborate this.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Seriously, every time I see the name voopoo, it reminds me of this...
FB_IMG_1526520561874.jpg

Last edited:

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
VooPoo Drag.jpg

I have the VooPoo Drag for several months now, it's been good, using the latest firmware.

The only con I can say about the DRAG is it's the heaviest mod that I own.

It takes two 18650 batteries. Call your local shop and ask if they have them. I recommend Sony VTC5A batteries for them.

I use it in Temp Control with my DJV RDTA with SS coils. I got it cheap. Shop around for the best price.

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Well first you are buying something called "voopoo" and second, they are point blank telling you, "it's a drag". :D

Seriously I have never used that device. I did watch some reviews when they were new and i think there were some problems. I "think" it had something to do with the clock and not firing. Those issues may or may not have been fixed with firmware by now. I could be thinking about the wrong mod too. I am sure someone will be by to correct or corroborate this.
I have one and i love it. Its not a super high wattage box, but it kicks my limitless plus into high gear at 75watts. This box does have tc function as well which i dont use but its there if someone wants to explore it. I have a black one with purple swirl resin. Only thing i can say bad about it, is the finish is wearing off fairly quickly. But since the finish or lack thereof doesnt make it vape any better, or worse for that matter, i dont mind too bad. It gives it a "well used" look. It will handle any kind of atomizer you choose to put on it, even a smok tfv12. Again, i really love mine.

aveytare

Jun 25, 2018
I have toyed with one of these forever and I like the resin ones. I keep not buying one (it has to be the name) I don't want any drag on my voopoo.

But in all seriousness I think I've only heard good things about it. :)

Anna
Haha yeah. The DRAG logo is so huge it turns me off of buying it. But the resin side looks so nice.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
I have a couple and they're built like brick outhouses. Very solid and that chip is just fantastic. I have several DNA mods too and the GENE chip isn't as configurable, but it fires faster and has a voltage mode that goes to 7.5 volts. I'm running a series build on one of mine in voltage mode. Pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread