Getting back into it... anything new and wonderful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I quite vaping in 2018. I decided to get back into it (ain't getting any younger, don't care to get much older... and I miss nicotine)
Anyway, I was mostly into drippers and squonkers, typically using 316L at around 0.3 ohms and Japanese organic make-up pads to make wicks.

So boys, girls and they (look at me, 65 and kinda 'woke')... what's new and wonderful that would fit into my kit?

Cheers... SoF

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
For single coil my top recommendation would be the Citadel from Psyclone Mods. Easy to build and fantastic flavor. They shut their doors but you should be able to find it. The Claymore is a good cheaper option that also has great flavor. Also the KRMA from Mission XV, fantastic little RDA that is on sale now from the manufacturer. Comes with two top caps. Also the Entheon/Hadeon from Psyclone is awesome, get the version with both caps as the Hadeon cap is the better one. If you get the Claymore, I advice you to get a better drip tip, the ones in the box are either uncomfortable or restricted.

I don't use dual coil very much, but the Asgard mini is phenomenal, as are An RDA For vaping (yes, that's what it's called), and the Nightmare 25mm - all good. Also from Vaperz Cloud the Temple 2020 edition in either 25 or 28mm. The 25mm is best suited for 2.5mm coils, the 28mm is more roomy.

For squonkers the Topside dual from Dovpo is the best dual battery option available, for single cell the Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 and Vandy Vape Pulse v2 are good, the Dotmod Dotsquonk 100w is fantastic. There are tons of good mech squonks, like the SQ217 from Signature Tips. If you go single battery I recommend going 21700, Molicel P42A are good, Samsung 30T also, a bit higher CDR but lower mah rating.

If you have any questions, just ask :)

EDIT: If you don't have a vape toolkit, I'd recommend the one from Wotofo. IMO the tools are higher quality than the ones in the Coilmaster kit, especially the snips (they are also sold separately). It does not come with a coil jig, but two stepped coil rods.

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I never got rid of anything I had at the time, dated but... still have all the mods (18650), attys, supplies and tools I had then. But I do appreciate the 'what's new and .....in'' information, ducasse.

Attys seem about the same, other than the size, in conjunction with larger batteries. I do like the DotSquonk and VandyVape Pulse V2. I can see getting one of those, with the batteries (and new charger) to go with it.

I guess nothing has changed much in the past few years in the way of wire, wick and juice... perhaps the popularity - and I might be off the mark here - of nicotine salts juice.

Thanks for the reply,
SoF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread