Status
Not open for further replies.

pho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
Belgium
Hey all

Been using my provari for 2 months now, no problems whatsoever.
However, this afternoon it started giving me E1 errors occasionally. Since about an hour; constantly.
It will NOT fire and always give me E1. I did have an E4 somewhere in between tries but that was a one-time thing it seems?

I have tried different batteries, different cartos/atties, ... Pretty sure it's the ProVari itself... Even without anything attached I get an E1 when I fire it.
Really hope there's a quick solution as I'm in the EU so sending it in means a lot of non-provari-time :(

pho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
Belgium
After some fiddling:
Also found out that if I screw the battery end on just minimally (so that everything barely makes contact inside I guess), it works. If I screw the battery end all the way on, it does NOT fire and will give me the E1 error.
Weird thing is that if I screw it on slightly, fire up and keep button pressed, then screw the cap on while it's still firing (and thus the carto still being "burned" when the cap is fully screwed on) but then depress the button and press again, it will also give me E1 while it worked a second before.

Fyi I'm using the extended battery cap with provari power batteries. I do not have another type of batteries to try.

pho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
Belgium
(sorry for the amount of small replies, I'm typing this all while I'm fiddling along)
Sometimes it will give me an E1 immediately while other times it will take a few seconds before I get the E1. In that situation, in the few seconds between the button being pressed and getting the error, the carto will not fire up but I hear a very faint clicking sound from inside the ProVari...
I'm guessing that's the electronics inside trying to do something... Doesn't sound good... :(

pho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
Belgium
Yup I'm using the spacer. But it's waaaay before the spacer ring is tightly in place that it stops working and throws me errors.
I'm now using it with the end cap screwed on for not even a full turn, the battery jiggles around if I shake it. Any more and it starts E1'ing on me :-(

So now I'm using it with the end cap very loosely on... And even then every few minutes it will fail and I have to unscrew-rescrew before it will work again. Am going to try to get some isopropyl alcohol tomorrow, no idea where to find that over here tho :-/
Will keep you informed

I really need a backup provari. No way I'm going back to egos if I have to send this in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread