Getting flavor out of e-cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfht

Mar 30, 2012
canada
I tried this cherry flavor e-liquid that i bought from online. The flavor was awful and stomach churning, but the worst is that after cleaning my e-cig, running it under water, etc. the horrid taste still remains and that's all I taste now even with a full cartridge of my preferred liquid. How do I get this taste to go away so I can once again enjoy my e-cigarette?

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
I tried this cherry flavor e-liquid that i bought from online. The flavor was awful and stomach churning, but the worst is that after cleaning my e-cig, running it under water, etc. the horrid taste still remains and that's all I taste now even with a full cartridge of my preferred liquid. How do I get this taste to go away so I can once again enjoy my e-cigarette?

First off... welcome to the show.... 2nd) Where did you cop the cherry e-liquid from?

C: This sounds like you're experiencing severe psychological cherry flavor trama. It's common with some e-liquids, but there's an upside to this whole debacle - you're in luck! It's curable and you came to the right place to get well - -

The flavor was awful and stomach churning, but the worst is that after cleaning my e-cig, running it under water, etc.

There's a better method:
Try purging your tank, cart, atty with warm white vinegar for 15 minutes then flush with cold water for 3 minutes - then purge again with the warm white vinegar for another 15 minutes now flush with hot water for 10 minutes. Let it soak in a bowl of hot water.

Blow out the atty from the mouthpiece side into a paper towel and if you're in a rush, use a hair dryer to speed up the process after blowing out the carts.

Now, you need to re prime the atty. Soak the atty in a small cup with approximately 2ml VG and let it sit for about 15 minutes swirling the atty in the VG liquid with a standard household toothpick every 2 1/2 minutes or so.

As for the psychological aspects of your experience, you may need to undergo 3 or 4 sessions of deep hypnosis to cleans your mind of this experience.

Repeat as needed....

See me in a week for a follow up.

Ta Da! :rickroll:

See... aren't you glad you took the first step?

Peace-

Last edited:

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
why not use the testliquid to clean the atomizer?

You cannot clean the atty with an e-liquid. The atty will first need to be cleaned (as stated in my post) then primed.

Priming with the VG USP Food Grade will prime the atty without introducing multiple liquids into the equation.

It' a step by step process.

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
Cleaning methods are similar, but the attys are designed somewhat different, so a slightly different approach may be needed, but basically the same method.

I use multiple attys on different occasions (510, 306, 901), but my primary is a rebuildable atomizer. It's called an Odysseus. It's a device designed for advanced vapers.

See it here: GG ODYSSEUS the iAtty 2 Rebuildable Tank

gfht

Mar 30, 2012
canada
Thanks for the comments and advice!

@SuperSonic
I got it from virgin vapors. I read good reviews and it was only $3 shipping to Canada so I got cherry and French vanilla. I haven't tried the french vanilla, but it does smell strong, and i imagine it will be much the same. I will order different flavors from them in the future, because I haven't found anyone else with such low international shipping fees or positive reviews, but I'd greatly appreciate your advice if you know of other recommended online retailers? My favorite flavors so far have been Dr.Pepper and Pepsi.

But I'm trying your advice now, and I'll report back how it goes.

I got the eGo T e-cig if that matters.

Last edited:

gfht

Mar 30, 2012
canada
Also be sure to let your eliquid sit or "steep" for awhile - maybe up to a month. Sometimes that helps. Good luck! :)

When I first got my e-cig and tried the e-liquid i got with it, it tasted like chemicals. After shaking up the bottle and letting it sit with the cap off for a awhile (possibly evaporating the alcohol?) it tasted like it was supposed to.

If I let this liquid sit open to the air for a while do you think it would diminish the strongness somewhat? The flavor itself is not as bad as I described on my original post, it's just that it stays on the e-cig and overpowers everything else I try to use resulting in an awful flavor.

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
... let it sit for about 15 minutes swirling the atty in the VG liquid with a #3 hard lead only pencil every 2 1/2 minutes or so.

Uh, I most definitely wouldn't use anything with lead in it to swirl the atty around in the VG, lead is a neurotoxin at very low levels and VG being a solvent could very well pick up lead from the pencil and deposit it on the atty wick and coil. I would use a toothpick, spoon or something else

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
Uh, I most definitely wouldn't use anything with lead in it to swirl the atty around in the VG, ......or something else

Yes dear..... I was joking about the #3 pencil and didn't really think the person reading the post would think I was serious.

Then after reading you comment, I realized I was giving advice in the new members forum (tap on my wrist).

I mean anyone at this level in there vaping career should know by now that sucking on the end of a pencil will stunt your growth. ;)

But yes a #3 toothpick will do the trick :)

Peace-

ksamim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Athens, GA, US
First off... welcome to the show.... 2nd) Where did you cop the cherry e-liquid from?

C: This sounds like you're experiencing severe psychological cherry flavor trama. It's common with some e-liquids, but there's an upside to this whole debacle - you're in luck! It's curable and you came to the right place to get well - -
My favorite part of this thread is that you cannot decide on a numbering system.

Win.

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
Thanks for the comments and advice!

@SuperSonic
I got it from virgin vapors. I read good reviews and it was only $3 shipping to Canada so I got cherry and French vanilla. I haven't tried the french vanilla, but it does smell strong, and i imagine it will be much the same. I will order different flavors from them in the future, because I haven't found anyone else with such low international shipping fees or positive reviews, but I'd greatly appreciate your advice if you know of other recommended online retailers? My favorite flavors so far have been Dr.Pepper and Pepsi.

But I'm trying your advice now, and I'll report back how it goes.

I got the eGo T e-cig if that matters.

Take a gander at this post...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...first-setup-need-suggestions.html#post5783012

Steeping

Read this one as well...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...414-wanna-use-my-own-e-juice.html#post5782826

and yes as Retriever stated.... letting your juices steep.

HTH

Peace-

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
Supersonic I like your avatar, I'm a DIO fan also R.I.P.
(I think it's DIO):unsure::unsure:

Yes indeed... It certainly is Ronnie James.

I had the absolute pleasure of meeting and spending some time with this wonderful individual.

One of the most generous and humble people I've come across in the wonderful world of music.

His spirit continues to live on as well as his accomplishments in and away from recording and performing.

I'm proud to display him as my avatar!

Thank you for the kind comment heavy.

Peace-

Heavy119

Moved On
Mar 31, 2012
Carriere, Mississippi
Yes indeed... It certainly is Ronnie James.

I had the absolute pleasure of meeting and spending some time with this wonderful individual.

One of the most generous and humble people I've come across in the wonderful world of music.

His spirit continues to live on as well as his accomplishments in and away from recording and performing.

I'm proud to display him as my avatar!

Thank you for the kind comment heavy.

Peace-

I had the pleasure of seeing him on three different occasions. The "Last in Line" tour and the "Sacred Heart" tour had some of the best "visuals" I have ever seen (second only to Pink Floyd and not by much). I also saw him later in his career at a smaller venue, all three shows were excellent.

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
I had the pleasure of seeing him on three different occasions. The "Last in Line" tour and the "Sacred Heart" tour had some of the best "visuals" I have ever seen (second only to Pink Floyd and not by much). I also saw him later in his career at a smaller venue, all three shows were excellent.

Fantastic!
For the Sacred Heart Tour, Ronnie only allowed the dragon to be appear in a few select area performances. He had mentioned that it was extremely expensive to cart that whole stage around for that tour, but he did also comment that the fans were well worth it. I was in the press box for the first performance at MSG NYG and while talking with Jimmy Bain during Rainbow in the Dark he got me backstage for the same performance. Wendy (Ronnie's wife) was very nice as well.

Anyway... just a quick little story.... hoping not to get these posts flagged for being off topic....

Enjoy H

Peace-

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
I mean anyone at this level in there vaping career should know by now that sucking on the end of a pencil will stunt your growth.

I'm a researcher who has seen firsthand what lead exposure can do to workers in the battery industry as well as their children, so, yeah, I totally lost my sense of humor when I read your "advice." Lead does a lot more than just "stunt your growth," it is a potent neurotoxin that causes irreversible neurological damage even at very low levels. In part due to poor public health education, lead exposure continues to be a serious public health issue even in the U.S. and it seems likely to me that there are people out there who would in fact take your "advice" in the hope that there might somehow be something special about lead pencils that will help with their atty problems. After all, this is a community in which even people who should supposedly know better still accidentally blow up their mods by using improperly stacked batteries. Never assume that others know what you know or will think through potential adverse consequences in the same way that you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread