Getting rid of bad e-juice flavour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My name is Alex and I live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Just started vaping as a way to stop smoking and or to at least have a clean car while smoking :)
I bought the Innokin Itaste CLK vape pen and filled it with juice from a local store. Now I had bought an ego vape pen and filled it with some juice that was satisfactory, but pen broke on me so bought a new one and some flavoured ejuice to go with it.

This new e juice tastes horrid IMO. I bought coffee flavour and mojito, both taste awful! I put in my other flavour from a diff store (pipe tab by Magick) but I still tatse that awfull e juice that was previously used.

My question is how do I get rid of that horrid taste from the ejuice? Do I just run warm water in my tank where e juice goes in or do I also need to clean coil and get the juice out of the wick? If I need to clean coil and wick how do I go about doing so?

Thanks for any help, need some as I'm literally bout to quit vaping and go back to cigarettes!

Cheers

tBERGz

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Seattle
I have personally run both coils & tanks under hot water, even let some water soak in the tank for a bit. Then I make sure everything is dry, as much as possible without having to wait hours, before I used them again.

The first couple drags after rinsing might taste weird and have muted flavor, because of the water, but give it a little time and the wick will start to soak the juice up again.

I wish you the best!

Edit: I have also heard of other soaking coils & tanks in vodka, but have never tried this on my own. Good luck!

Last edited:

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi and welcome to the forum!

What tBERGz said above is a perfectly good way to rinse out the flavor from all but the strongest-tasting juices.

Hope it works for your juice change-over.

Happy Vaping!

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
I confess: I made some coffee flavor for someone yesterday. Got the flavor in the mail, opened it, smelled it, everything was hunky dory.

Then I mixed up a sample bottle, slammed that junk into my RDA and took a hit.

O.
M.
G.
Kill me now. Disgusting isn't the word. Horrid? Putrid? Vorpal? I don't think words can describe it.

I wound up ripping the cotton out, taking the whole thing apart and soaking in PGA for an hour, then hot water mixed with baking soda, then PGA again just to get the smell out of STAINLESS STEEL.

When you get juice like that in a clearo, I'm sorry, but it's done for. Bury it in the back yard and mark the place with a stone. Never dig it up agian.

Rinsing will help the most. Most vape store will tell you it won't work because they want to make a sale. But keep trying, get to know the people behind the counter, make a few friends and soon you'll find a store that will help for real. MAKE that store your home! LOL. In other words try to make it your 'go to' place for all your vaping needs. I frequented my local store a few times before actually buying anything , and wwhen I did buy, they helped out in a big way. I even get discounts now. I try to promote them to my friends and on my FB page. Now I'm not just a sale to them, I'm a friend who supports their business. Hope this helps you in some way.

So I washed coil and plastic tank. Noticed that plastic tank still has the smell of previous ejuice.
Replaced coil as waiting for old one to dry before I test to see if washing got rid of taste.
Anyway , even though tank smelled like old ejuice the taste and smell is only of new ejuice, so I'm happy:)
Will post when old coil is dry and I've tested it with new juice.

On a separate note, I've researched and found that i should get a drip tip to test ejuice after i buy it to see if i like it ( or try before I buy with my drip tip.)
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread