Not open for further replies.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
i see alot of US suppliers selling similar kits

i was wondering

if i were to want to get into the business as an e-cig supplier. where would i look to get my products manufactured?

would i actually need to go to china to make a deal?

does anyone know of any good information for starting your own e-cig company and getting products manufactured?

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
....would i actually need to go to china to make a deal?

does anyone know of any good information for starting your own e-cig company and getting products manufactured?

Several should be at the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas month after next.

This is an interesting time to get into the e-cig biz. And I do mean interesting in the Chinese interpretation of the word;-)

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
I should have given you more info regarding dealing with China , here are a few pointers. ( I have 2 diff. products made in China and deal with them often )
1. Be UPFRONT , I ask them if they are the MFG ( they will lie ! ) they usually say yes BUT it is ot always bad if they are not you can still get really good pricing .
2. If you are buying from them tell them if they rip you off you will post it all over the net ! using thier name ! , this weds out the most bad guys.
3. use TT or Paypal , rarely will I use Western Union etc. avoid this if possible.
4. Stay on them , many chinese will not want to communicate after payment .
5. If they are shipping large orders setup a 30-30-40 payment ( 30% upfront , 30% on proof of shipping and 40 % on delivery

this should help some

Later
Buzz

eZiggy

Oct 19, 2009
NY,US
I should have given you more info regarding dealing with China , here are a few pointers. ( I have 2 diff. products made in China and deal with them often )
1. Be UPFRONT , I ask them if they are the MFG ( they will lie ! ) they usually say yes BUT it is ot always bad if they are not you can still get really good pricing .
2. If you are buying from them tell them if they rip you off you will post it all over the net ! using thier name ! , this weds out the most bad guys.
3. use TT or Paypal , rarely will I use Western Union etc. avoid this if possible.
4. Stay on them , many chinese will not want to communicate after payment .
5. If they are shipping large orders setup a 30-30-40 payment ( 30% upfront , 30% on proof of shipping and 40 % on delivery

this should help some

Later
Buzz

I never ordered mega quantities of anything from China,

only small amounts of ejuice here and there,

but you sound about right especially your 5th point.:thumb:

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Most of the sleazy ones don't really care if you smear their name on the internet. Firstly, they are not the manufacturer and they operate under many names. They trade dozens of products and can't be bothered to focus solely on one. They add new products to their list and call themselves the manufacturer every day! The objective is simple, sell today and get the money today. Worry about everything else later.

You are right when you say they don't wanna communicate after the sale as they are not very interested in repeat purchases. They will be interested if there are no problems with the first one. If you pose any sign of giving them problems, they will begin ignoring you. Go direct to the manufacturer to save yourself some trouble. At least they will be worried about their reputation.

Here's the website address to the Small Business page of the US-China Chamber of Commerce (located in Chicago, IL). It couldn't hurt to call and see if they could verify the manufacturer for you. :)

uscc . org / newhome / businescenter10 . asp

I was unable to post the link at this time. Take out the spaces when you type or copy/past it.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
i've been dealing with kevin huang with JSB

Shenzhen Jieshibao Technology Co., Ltd <--- let me know if u guys know about this site???

i just made a sample order to check the j118 PCC kit out, if it's good and legit i'll get the branding done and order 100 to start - got a website i'll be selling on

they also manufacture the l88b (blu/volcano) and the J901 (dse901)

but i really like the 118 it's like a 510 mixed with a 901 - so that in a PCC is what i want to offer

they said shipping should be 7-10 days, i paid yesterday - no response today (sunday)
i'll e-mail them tomorrow to make sure everything is still going good... they also have an awesome deal on the 118 starter kits without the pcc right now... if anyone wants to co-op on this let me know, wouldn't mind an investor.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
i only got the sample kit so far, and i use it daily, it's a j118 and it's great,

the guy im dealing with said that he would send smaller shipments under 500 via paypal so im only gonna buy 15-20 kits a time right now. i sent him an e-mail earlier, he should respond tomorrow (thanksgiving) and i expect to have them the first or second week of december.

NikGrey

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2009
Norwich - UK
www.nikgrey.com
Kno,

I am interested (to say the least) in how you go with this company as I too am looking to start a business in the UK and so-far after trying to find a supplier via Alibaba was put onto somebody who claims to be the only joyetech supplier in the UK.

I am having problems believing that statement so continue in my quest for a supplier - I am thinking China direct is the way to go and by the sounds of it you are about to do the testing for me :)

I am concerned about large orders, I also want to start with modest numbers to ensure it will work out. I would like to supply 510's and all the associated bits.

LOL, maybe Kevin will give you a commission for referring me to him 8-o

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
i doubt that i'd get commission... and honestly... from the reading ive been doing... its probably best only to order in small quantities and pay the extra shipping just in case customs gets one of your packages... unless there are no import customs for this in the UK. I'm sending the first order's payment now... wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread