Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So ... I have the KBox mini and it came with a couple different coils. I have the Ni one in now but it came with a SS and a Clapton coil. Need to to know the difference and how each should be vaped ...

Thanks

well the ss would be good for temperature control mode, although it can also be used in wattage mode.

the Clapton is probably kanthal and if so it's meant to be used in wattage mode and will likely tend to produce more clouds.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Here's a table with the different coils. The SS coil was designed for TC but it can be run in power/wattage mode as well.

upload_2016-2-24_20-27-29.png

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
from what i am seeing on the platinum, either one of those coils will need to be run in wattage mode - the kbox platinum does TC on Ni/ Ti only, unless I am missin' something... either of those coils would be good, i would recommend trying the stainless, but i am partial to stainless steel coils - very clean flavor, good vape... if it is a .5ohm coil, after installing and priming the coil, i would start around 20 watts and work up from therein 2-5 watt increments, until you find your 'sweet spot'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread