Status
Not open for further replies.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Lately I've been having some cross-flavor mojination going on. Even after fully cleaning my RM2, bottle, o-ring, 510, and tube with hot water, alcohol and q-tips, I still get some flavor bleed. It's really strange because I don't notice the old flavor until about 1/4 of the way through the new bottle.

I was wondering if anyone has some good tips for really blasting that flavor out of your REO?

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
I've noticed it with most of my juices lately. It's happened with tobacco, peppermint, peach tea, honeydew/pear, orange cream, etc.
The flavor eventually goes away but sticks around for most of the bottle.
I'm thinking that juice is getting under the ceramic because sometimes when rewicking I notice the new wick soaking up some old flav from where the ceramic and metal meet.

I tend to clean the parts pretty throughly in between flavas so I was just wondering if anyone had some different flava blasting methods.

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
run hot water down the tube. Pull the cotton wick and toss it. Rinse it and blow down the tube for a few min's.

Rinse repeat. After drying mod dry fire the coil for a few min's to burn off all residue. New cotton, new juice, new squonk, saturated wick test fire, cap on, vape on.

It also depends on the juice. Some like pluid in it too long just funk it for anything else which is why I quit pluid unless I use a dedicated one for it only.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
I rinse out tube and bottle and o ring and RM2 with alcohol and then rinse really well with hot water and change wick and Im good to go :)

That's basically how I clean mine as well, but I'm still getting some cross-over. My thought is that it has to either be juice trapped under the ceramic or the bottles o-ring is holding on to a a good amount of flavor after cleaning. I've tried soaking the RM2 in isopropyl alcohol along with the bottles o-ring as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread