Getting senses back.. but maybe not a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compactman

Dec 1, 2008
So it's been 5 days since I have had a cigarette. I'm breathing better already and my chest doesn't cramp up and hurt in the morning. I seem to have more energy or my nicotine levels are to high.

My sense of taste is coming back. All of a sudden today vaping tastes bad.

My atomizer smells horrid. Like burnt e-liquid so I blew it out and tipped it upside down on a paper towel. I'd say at least 10 drops worth of yellow icky liquid came out.

I threw in a new atomizer and got some nice vape off it but it doesn't taste good. I'm getting a similar sensation that you get after chewing mint gum. Not minty but that cold feeling on the back of your throat. I'm not sure what to do.

I gotta get rid of this ghastly taste. Switching flavours doesn't seem to help at all. When I was driving home from work tonight it was bugging me so much I lit an analogue and took one puff to see if I could drown out the taste in my mouth and EUGGHHGH!! It was like licking the side of a well used shop vac.

Anyone else have similar experiences. I work in a call centre environment and don't get me started on the new smells I have experienced for the first time at my work place....

smoking analogues did have some advantages.

Compactman

Dec 1, 2008
cool thats helpful. I actually have coffee liquid. I'll try that tomorrow. Girlfriend thinks I'm a nut for how many hours I spend reading forum posts here.

On a sidenote. Peperonni sticks rock and it's like I have discovered a whole new mystical meat today. Oh and I had a mcdonalds burger today and it didn't taste like cardboard. I was like huh. No wonder people get hooked on this stuff... They don't smoke lol

SpyderDan

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2008
Long Beach, California
I went through this exact thing, after my first week free of analog cigs. My sense of taste and smell came back, and it was a wake-up call on many levels.

As far as vaping, this is when I first got picky about the flavor of the pre-filled carts and the cheapo liquid I had been using. After ordering up a JC sample pack and a couple of premium Cash juices from Puresmoker, I was right back on track.

I never realized how much my car smelled like cigs before. I assumed that the smell was there, but didn't realize how bad it really was. Luckily, within a few weeks (and a few washes), it was already much better.

I'm almost a bit paranoid now about all the smells I might not have noticed over the years. How many times did I fart and foolishly think that nobody noticed, simply because I didn't smell anything?! I find myself taking the trash out, and cleaning out the kitty litter box, quite a bit sooner now.

As far as food, I've only noticed that a certain cheese that my girlfriend seems to love to cook with and serve, while it didn't bother me significantly before, now tastes horribly strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread