Getting started with eJuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandelionwings

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Lexington, KY
Now that I've ordered a t-Rex (I'm super excited) I need to look into the wonderful wide world of "juicing". I've spent the past 5 months with some pretty nasty tasting disposable cartridges so im looking forward to the experiments ahead. Many thanks that fazed is getting me started.
I'm thinking samplers are the way to go until I can find ones I will enjoy----what are your favorite samplers? What companies have you swooning for their juices because of flavors and service?
Many thanks in advance :)))

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi dandelionwings and congrats on your purchase. I DIY all my juices so I really can't comment. Yes samplers is the smart way to go. You can also look for discount codes that can save you the cost of shipping. Have you decided on the strength of your juice which will depend on how much you smoked and the brand. Some initially purchase 2 different strengths not knowing which one will work. I know, once again, you will be overwhelmed with suggestions but I just thought I'd put my 2 cents in. I HATED menthol when I smoked but vets told me many new vapers enjoy menthol and they were so right. It gives a nice cool bite and that extra mellow kick. With your juice you can order some inexpensive menthol drops and add them to your fave juices.
Remember the vapor comes from our bodies and not the juice. PG and more so VG "trap" the moisture in our mouths, throat and lings and thus the vapor. Dehydration is a common issue for vapers. I drink 2 large glasses of water in the a.m. and about 2 liters per day. Also remember to shake your juice very well before filling your cartomizer.
Good Luck, Vapoor.

dandelionwings

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Lexington, KY
Thanks for the info! Are you able to blend two different strengths for adjustments? Right now, I use the strongest disposables that I can. My goal is to actually wean down the nicotine (without killing peeps) ---I work with a bunch of women lol and I'm a mom of teenage boys lol
I know DIY will be around the corner :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You're welcome. Yes many have mixed 2 different strengths because they were to strong or weak. If you bought 12 mg and 24 mg you could mix the two so they're anywhere from 16- 20 mg by adding different ratios of the juices. They'd have to be the same flavor though unless you "like to live on the edge" and mix diff types of juices.Yes DIY is relatively easy but I would first get to know the gear and get past the learning curve.
I work with a bunch of women lol and I'm a mom of teenage boys lol
This is a great gift you're giving not only to yourself but also your loved ones.
Good Luck and I know you will get PLENTY of responses soon enuff.
Vapoor.

Thanks for the info! Are you able to blend two different strengths for adjustments? Right now, I use the strongest disposables that I can. My goal is to actually wean down the nicotine (without killing peeps) ---I work with a bunch of women lol and I'm a mom of teenage boys lol
I know DIY will be around the corner :)

Pyster

Dec 10, 2011
Evanston, IL
Congrats on your t-rex! My experience with juice is extremely limited, but I have been really happy so far with Halo juices. I ordered the variety sample pack, and my favorites are Tribeca, Tiki, and Malibu (just ordered another 60 ml of the Tribeca). I also got a bottle of their unflavored Fusion and a couple of bottles of flavoring from another vendor to do a little kindergarten DIY. I'll eventually branch out, but since I've already given my credit card quite the workout since getting started (I've already bought 3 hardware setups for myself and a friend LOL), I think I'll stick with what works--at least until next month! Good luck finding juices you like!

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Hi there dandelionwings,

Just wanted to point out that there is an eliquid review section of the forums: General Eliquid Reviews.

That would be a great place to start just to get an idea of what is available how folks have responded to specific eliquids that are out there. I personally love KickBassVapor for their flavours....yummy!

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
It will take some experimenting to find your favorite juices, and your taste buds will change over time. You may even have a period in which you can't taste anything. Quitting smoking is quite a journey.

My favorite vendors are:

--Backwoods Brew
--VaporStation
--Alien Visions
--e-Smokeytreats
--FreedomSmokeUSA

Have fun with your journey. :)

kjonesy

Moved On
Aug 13, 2011
Los Angeles
  • Deleted by oldsoldier
  • Reason: Afilliate link spammer

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
I think the best way to experiment with ejuices is to do the sample packs like you said. I would go for different sorts of combos until you find what suits you best -- you can get different mgs of nic, you can get different pg/vg percentages, different types of juices, which leaves you with a bajillion possible combinations lol. I have found that what i liked at first is not necessarily what i like now. And i found that what i like to eat or what i liked to smoke is not necessarily what i like to vape. So flavor-wise it may be wise to try like a couple of fruit flavors, a couple of bakery flavors, a couple of menthols, a couple of tobaccos, to get a better feel for what you are going to enjoy most.

Some of my fave places are: Alien Visions ejuice -- Gorilla juice is my go to, everyday vape. in loooove with it. (its a tobacco blend with a little banana flavor), Bobas bounty tastes kinda like the gorilla juice without the banana flavor. Their strawberry cheesecake flavor is amazing, massive chocolate mint is great, hype is good if you like fruit flavors.

Ms. T's bakery -- Has so many amazing flavors, you wont believe it. Snickerdoodle is one of my faves!

Vape-a-licious -- not a ton of flavors but the ones she has are great! AGs dream, flaming pillows, gooey butter cake -- mmmm

vermilion river -- has really nice, rich, strong tobacco flavors. The butter rum is awesome, also like the kentucky vanilla and kentucky peachwood.

Good luck!

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I really like BlueMist vapor. There are alot of good juice vendors but some of them are pretty expensive and when our just starting out and want to try a bunch that can add up. That's why I really like BlueMist bc they have some great juices and their cheap. They have a huge selection, 250+ juices and 250+ flavors for DIY. You can also get sample packs and you can pick your own juices for a sample pack. I def recommend getting sample packs to start so you can get a bunch for cheap and see what you like. You can get all their juices in either 80/20 PG/VG or 100%VG. I recommend the 80/20. Their prices are really cheap, $5 for 10ml and $10 for 30ml. Some vendors charge $20+ for 30ml. They also offer extra flavor shots for .50cents more and if you find a juice you really like you can get a 180ml bottle for $30, which is an awesome deal and breaks down to $5 for 30ml. Id Get the 3ml samples to start because you can get 5 different juices for only $10. They also offer (5)10ml samples but their $20. Since the (5) 3ml samples are cheap get a few and then you can try a lot of different juices and figure out what you like. They ship really fast too and you always get a free sample with an order.

dandelionwings

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Lexington, KY
you guys have all been fantastic! i can tell that i'm going to have to put ejuice sampler packs into my budget plan lol

i haven't made my way to the DIY section, yet. [because there is so much information here to go through] so i'm wondering about the unflavored juice---is that to cut down on the flavor or strength of a juice or is it a base to add flavoring to?

time to scurry and look at all the ejuice sites and sampler packs. :D

LisaC

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
West Texas
I'm like a broken record, but I love Mom & Pops. They have the Best customer Service, and I've loved all their flavors so far. They have been so great to me, I can't stop singing their praises. They're over in Florida, so if shipping is fast to me, it should get to you in no time flat!

So far I've tried their Pchela's Famous 5 Layer which tastes like the 5 layer bars, coconut, chocolate, caramel graham cracker and vanilla, I think

Butterfly Bait, which is a mystery honeysuckle, peach, pear, not really sure, but it keeps you coming back, because it changes every day
Caramel, which is a smooth, creamy just plain good flavor

Rudolphsnows which is like a chocolate covered cherry flavor

Grasshopper which is chocolate mint

Crazy Ape, kinda like a banana Split. This one, I will admit, I don't love. ONLY because it was a free sample throw in, and I don't really care for banana flavored anything. I can see how it would be good, but it's just not for me.

I have Coffee Cream on the way, and Keswick Koffee, which is an espresso/Kahlua flavor. Can't wait.

Probably more info than you were looking for, but there it it, lol.

And they have sampler packs, btw. Their link is in my siggy, and they have a forum here, as do all the companies listed in this thread. Happy shopping! This is the fun part!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
LOL sounds like you're having fun and that's how it should be. Unless you're going to DIY you won't need any flavorless juice. It would be a base to add flavoring to and if it was PG based you would also have to add VG. If the flavorless was VG based then you have to add PG to it. Flavorless you can buy all the way up to 100 mg but first get used to cartos and your gear and discover which juices you like.
Good Luck and Happy New Year, Vapoor.
P.S. there's a free EJuice calculator that makes DIY very simple.

you guys have all been fantastic! i can tell that i'm going to have to put ejuice sampler packs into my budget plan lol

i haven't made my way to the DIY section, yet. [because there is so much information here to go through] so i'm wondering about the unflavored juice---is that to cut down on the flavor or strength of a juice or is it a base to add flavoring to?

time to scurry and look at all the ejuice sites and sampler packs. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread