Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hey folks, happy holidays!

Quick question. I have a stealth and a ssggts. The stealth hits hard every time, the ggts is not so much lol. It seems like I have to massage it or fire it a certain way to get full contact out of it. I've cleaned it and even tried noalox, and still having issues.

So, a). Has anyone else noticed this or is there an easy fix?

B). Do the magnet buttons really help, and where would I acquire a set these days?

Thanks for the help!

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Is your stealth the new full SS model or do you have an older one (bought before 2-3 weeks ago)

I do have to take my button apart and clean it once a week or so otherwise my button can be finicky and heat up when used.

For magnets the origional magnets are no longer made and have been sold out for a while so you would have to outsource the magnets. I personally found I got less conductivity with the magnets though.

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
You dont have good contact in your switch.

Undo your switch and clean with an old toothbrush and toothpaste paying close attention to the switch spring. You should also do the same with the battery spring and contact post. Lastly, i would buff the bottom of the switch contact with some very fine sandpaper. I use 2500 grit but you could use the striker portion of a book of matches in a pinch

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
My stealth is from the very first run with the brass top and bottom.

I'll have to give it another clean and see if it works!

Thanks for the info on the magnet button, I was going to post a wtb but if they're not any better I guess I'll pass!

Thanks for the response!

Is your stealth the new full SS model or do you have an older one (bought before 2-3 weeks ago)

I do have to take my button apart and clean it once a week or so otherwise my button can be finicky and heat up when used.

For magnets the origional magnets are no longer made and have been sold out for a while so you would have to outsource the magnets. I personally found I got less conductivity with the magnets though.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for the tips! I guess it's time for a crazy cleaning job lol, I'll report back!

You dont have good contact in your switch.

Undo your switch and clean with an old toothbrush and toothpaste paying close attention to the switch spring. You should also do the same with the battery spring and contact post. Lastly, i would buff the bottom of the switch contact with some very fine sandpaper. I use 2500 grit but you could use the striker portion of a book of matches in a pinch

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Cleaned it yet?! Status? Perhaps we should sit down together and figure it out.. I've also found that if I use it with the button against my palm, and squeeze it, I get a solid hit, as opposed to squeezing with my weak little finger. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread