Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
OK, So I got some DPV9/KR808D cartomizers or "creator cartridges" as they are calling them at iVapour Elixir. I wanted to try them out on the advice of Crash because he said the flavour from them was better than even the 901s. So, I had no DPV9 batts to try them with as I am waiting on an Eastmall order so I really wanted to try them out on my GG.

I knew that they wouldn't work straight onto the GG due to lack of airflow, so I first experimented by drilling a hole in a cartomizer. That didn't really work, so I had to make an adapter.

Took about 20 mins to make up a quick and dirty adapter and it works great on the GG and on manual 901 batts and I am a very happy vaper.....The flavour from these cartys on the 901 manuals and on the GG at 3.7v is fabulous. I am using RY4 which I love.....
I did try it briefly at 6v but the vapour produced was a bit too hot, so it wasn't for me.

As yet, my adapter just has a brass nail down the centre, unsoldered cos my soldering iron won't heat up properly. However, it's working fine as is for the moment and I'll get round to soldering it when I can find my other iron.

So I give DPV9 cartys on the GG a big thumbs up :thumbs:.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
I believe Mamu gave these cartomizers a go a while back and was delighted with the result too.

Must go and ask Toby over at iVapour Elixir for some of these to try...

Well done Lisa on creating that adapter ! Great to hear of a lass being creative too !
Those cartys are Definitely worth a try Christina, with an adapter & GG or with their own batts. No great shakes about making the adapter, I am a computer techie by trade so no biggie doing that sort of stuff.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Those cartys are Definitely worth a try Christina, with an adapter & GG or with their own batts. No great shakes about making the adapter, I am a computer techie by trade so no biggie doing that sort of stuff.

I will take 2 of those thanks Lisa,
send me PM or skype me with the price --------

have masses of the cartomizers -----
love to try them with GGT

Di ......

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
I will take 2 of those thanks Lisa,
send me PM or skype me with the price --------

have masses of the cartomizers -----
love to try them with GGT

Di ......
I've already half-made one for you Di, can't finish it until I kill another 901 battery :D

P.S. I will not be accepting payment for it:p.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
ok lisa,
maybe I will send you some cartomizers huh ?????

fair exchange between friends.........

Di ........
Won't be necessary, Di, really. I'd just appreciated your feedback on the adapter....
However, I do need advice on how I am going to end up with enough spare 901 parts to finish your adapter considering that means going back to a standard 901 after getting used to the GG:D.

Otherwise, I'm gonna have to butcher perfectly working parts...........Tell you what, if you can get some dead 901 batts and attys to me, that might make it easier.......But if not, don't worry, I will come up with some eventually....

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Won't be necessary, Di, really. I'd just appreciated your feedback on the adapter....
However, I do need advice on how I am going to end up with enough spare 901 parts to finish your adapter considering that means going back to a standard 901 after getting used to the GG:D.

Otherwise, I'm gonna have to butcher perfectly working parts...........Tell you what, if you can get some dead 901 batts and attys to me, that might make it easier.......But if not, don't worry, I will come up with some eventually....

I have 1 batty and 2 atty of 901 thats it, but I will send to you,
PM your address to me -----

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
OK let me know lisa, thanks.
OK, now the situation I have is that I have decided I might want to try another air hole but I am reluctant to do this on any of the adapters I have made so far because I have run out of dead batts and atties to make any more and I have already promised one adapter each to Crash and Di. Di is sending me some dead 901 kit so if you want to do the same, I will make you an adapter FOC and send it to you, how does that sound?

You need to bear in mind that I still haven't got my actual DPV9 batts yet so I still don't know what the draw is actually supposed to be like on these so I think I won't finalise my adapter until I have my order from Eastmall to compare:)

I am trying to do some proper tests on length of vaping time with these cartys on the GG at 3.7v. I was going to try and keep a tally of the number of actual puffs too but that didn't work cos I kind of vape on auto-pilot:D. I'll update here when I have proper data on vaping time though.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Ok so just tell me when your ready for me and thank you again.
Sorry, I did ramble on rather a lot in my last post:D.
The long and short of it is that if you have a dead 901 atty and battery, you can send them and I can use them to do the adapter for you.....PM me if you want to do this.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
OK i was thinking after di and crash is all lol.
You sounded like your plate was full for a bit and didn't want to add to it.
But if you can handle a 3some i'm down for it lol.
No worries they each take about 20-30 mins so a threesome is fine as long as no-one else jumps in the pile, I'd get squashed8-o
If you've got any old kit you want to send me to butcher to make your adapter, let me know, otherwise you could be waiting a while......

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
OK i was thinking after di and crash is all lol.
You sounded like your plate was full for a bit and didn't want to add to it.
But if you can handle a 3some i'm down for it lol.

No worries they each take about 20-30 mins so a threesome is fine as long as no-one else jumps in the pile, I'd get squashed8-o
If you've got any old kit you want to send me to butcher to make your adapter, let me know, otherwise you could be waiting a while......

you are both as bad as each other ---------

Lisa, -- Crash, --- Di, ---- Tru, ----- thats 4 silly !!!!!!!!!

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
hehehehehehe, I obviously can't count - well, either that or maybe I was just gonna watch............

no bloody way -------

if theres any watching going on it will be me doin' it !!!!!!! :shock::shock::pop::pervy::pervy:

and Lisa, tru means have you got his shoe down off your wardrobe yet,
where it flew when he was in such a hurry, last time, a week or so ago !!!!!

see, I am a good watcher, ----- :pop::pervy::pervy:

I sees all deez thingz !!!!!!!!!!! 8-o8-o8-o:hubba::hubba::hubba:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread