Not open for further replies.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
and Lisa, tru means have you got his shoe down off your wardrobe yet,
where it flew when he was in such a hurry, last time, a week or so ago !!!!!

see, I am a good watcher, ----- :pop::pervy::pervy:

I sees all deez thingz !!!!!!!!!!! 8-o8-o8-o:hubba::hubba::hubba:

That's right, Oh dear, my memory isn't what it used to be............:lol::lol:
True, no sign of the shoe, no, I'll let you know if I find it but I am thinking that it maybe went out of the window and not on top of the wardrobe........

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
That's right, Oh dear, my memory isn't what it used to be............:lol::lol:
True, no sign of the shoe, no, I'll let you know if I find it but I am thinking that it maybe went out of the window and not on top of the wardrobe........

ooooooh nooooooo

hoppity hopitty tru -----
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah -- :rolleyes::hubba::hubba:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
hey guys I have made an accidental discovery -----------

when I put down my DPV9 it touched my GG Trans,
and the Trans didnt go off -------

the DPV9 did ---------

when the top 1 inch of the DPV9 touches the top section of the Trans, the DPV9 fires up--------

it doesnt do it when it touches any other part of the trans or the rest of the DPV9, just the top 1 inch of each touching together !!!!!!!

experts please explain---- The Trans is fine, it is the DPV9 that is firing on contact...............

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
hey guys I have made an accidental discovery -----------

when I put down my DPV9 it touched my GG Trans,
and the Trans didnt go off -------

the DPV9 did ---------

when the top 1 inch of the DPV9 touches the top section of the Trans, the DPV9 fires up--------

it doesnt do it when it touches any other part of the trans or the rest of the DPV9, just the top 1 inch of each touching together !!!!!!!

experts please explain---- The Trans is fine, it is the DPV9 that is firing on contact...............
You must have completed the circuit somehow on the DPV9??? Can't re-create this cos I am waiting on my Eastmall order still.

Interesting though..........

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
OK, Di,
I've been thinking and I think the reason must be because just where the sticker stops on the mouthpiece of the DPV9, the outside edge of the thread is exposed - therefore, this bit, along with the edge of the battery outer thread must have made contact with the conductive exterior of the GG at the same time and thus completed the circuit. Sound possible?

Edited to add: If this is genuinely the case and not a one-off issue, it then leads to the conclusion that the DPV9 should not be put down intact on a metal surface...........hmmmm sounds familiar:D

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
ok

let me try this again ------

this time let us strat from scratch
------------------

I have put the GG Trans away completely ------
we are not using the GG in this at all--------
the trans is not in this at all-----

=================================

the problem is with the DPV9 -----

I have the DPV9 --silver battery fully charged with a carty on it
I have been smoking it for an hour,

then I put it down and it touched another e_cig-- this other e-cig was
a USB passthry e-cig --

the touching was made at the top of the DPV9 where the carty screws onto the battery
the top 1 inch from the carty connectuin downward on the battery does this connection and fires it up

the top 1 inch of the other e-cig only is where the connection fires it up

if you touch them together further down than the top 1 inch from the atty connection on both of them
it does not fire it up

I have done this with 5 different metal e-cigs
and 3 different black ones -------
and the DPV9 fires up with all of them like this

this only happens when the other e-cig is live ---
meaning the other e-cig is plugged into usb or if it has the battery charged and inserted

touching to a non live metal surface does not do it -------

strange huh ----

Last edited:

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
can any peeps that have the DPV9 please try this

is it just me ?????????
It's probably not just you, as I said, just where the sticker stops on the mouthpiece of the DPV9, the outside edge of the thread is exposed - therefore, this bit must be enabling the circuit to complete, perhaps with the battery in your other device?
I will test once my kit arrives. In the meantime, if you want others to test it, you may have more luck posting outside of the GG sub-forum:)

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
It's probably not just you, as I said, just where the sticker stops on the mouthpiece of the DPV9, the outside edge of the thread is exposed - therefore, this bit must be enabling the circuit to complete, perhaps with the battery in your other device?
I will test once my kit arrives. In the meantime, if you want others to test it, you may have more luck posting outside of the GG sub-forum:)

thats ok Lisa,

I wanted everyone to know it is

NOT THE GG TRANS

it is happening with several of my other e-cigs as well..

and no, I will wait for you to try when yours comes...........

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I dont own your devise and I cant understand what you say Di, sorry my dear, someone else will help you better:)

Don't worry about it Imeo, Di and I will sort it out.......

Thats ok Imeo,

Lisa and I are good friends
we will sort it out together --------
she will have her DPV9 soon, and we will work on it
and figure what is going on........

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
The draw on them are suppose to be really smooth and very light.....you need more air to pass through them to distribute and even amount heat so one side of the cart wont dry out vs. the other side. Make sure to do 2-4 air holes in the adapter at even points...i love the cartomizers.
Good point, I was thinking of trying another hole in my adapter but I want to make sure I have more spare adapters made, before I try it. My initial adapters were made with just 901 connectors, but I want to try making some with proper DPV9 connectors to see if I can get a nicer draw.:)

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
oh i noticed with my VK that holes line up with the indention on the cartomizers. So my guess is to allow maximum airflow to disperse an even amount of heat. I took a VK cartomizer apart and saw the atomizer is in the center of the cartomizer its simply a wire down the center then going up one of the sides. There is a two layer filling. One that wraps around the atomizer then another that holds the liquid. My guess the one that wraps around the atomizers sucks up liquid then disperses the liquid onto the atomizer as air passes through it. ( goes to show dont refill the cartomizers on the thread side. take rubber side off then drip evenly around the outer filling.)

So really all you need is two holes in the adapter that align up with the cartomizer and you should be good to go.

Last edited:

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
maybe but I think the airflow is very important due to the amount of heat those cartomizers give off. And because the filling is wrapped around the atomizer i would recommend an good airflow to allow the heat to move evenly. have fun with it...:)
Agreed:) I think trying a hole either side of the adapter is the way to go. I'll update this thread when I've got round to making some new adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread