GGTS Brass Button Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niagara

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Niagara
I am working well with great communication from COV Justin to figure this issue out, but not sure why I have this problem. I pre ordered a brass button pin for my GGTS 2012 button that I just received after 2 months, but find that it doesn't fit in my 2012 SS GGTS button. It has shorter threading and is longer in length. Before I spend $40 w shipping on another flat top button which is what they are recommending I do, is this actually the fix? Why would there be 2 buttons with 2 different sized pins and why wouldn't there be a description saying it only worked in new style flat top buttons not 2012 buttons, seeing as its 2012?
IMG_0705.jpg

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Hi Niagara,

He means that new buttoms are adjustable: you can adjust how much you want to press the button to fire / make contact.

On the new bottons the fixing ring is movable (the ring that locks the button assembly to the GGTS body), so you can adjust how much the button case will rise above the GGTS body, so you can adjust how much you have to press the button to fire.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thank you very much Niagara my friend:)
AP button is the Adjustable Path button as Ariel said
Thanks as always for your excellent support of your products Imeo, big fan! What does "AP" mean, is this the flat top button on his site for $28.90? Hate to order and pay for another wrong part.

Moshmarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2010
Minneapolis
If your button is one of theseGGTS - 2012 Button Replacement
it might not have a steel pin, possibly. I have two of these, bought from COV back in February or so with stealths...
I had a hot button short with one a few months back- and while cleaning the black arc mark off the button pin, I noticed some brass showing through.
I took the rest of the (nickel?) plating off the pin head and it's plated brass for sure. Polished it up..It's always hit great. Something to check, anyhow.
If not- There may have been some of these 2012 buttons made later with steel pins instead?
The steel/brass flat top round buttons at Cov are definitely what you want for the new brass pins though,
and with brass I just use a pencil eraser for any marks:)

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
I have two hexagonal buttons with SS pins (I bought some brass pins to upgrade those two buttons, but I didn't know that the pins were different).

Following urquidezj recomendation, last night I polished one of the SS pins (the surface that makes contact with the axis battery post) and now the button works as it had a brass pin (I updated all my GGTSs and Stelaths with brass axis).

So what I did was to use a green Scotch-brite to clean the pin contact surface, then I polished it to a mirror finish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread