GGTS conductivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakenALeft67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Va
Hi, just got a used SS GGTS, i'm having some issues with conductivity (possibly)?

If i pop a battery in another mod it works fine, good vapor production, throat hit, ect. But, if I pop the same battery in the GGTS its like half the throat hit, some vapor production. (it works, but I know it can do better) I took the whole unit apart and cleaned it pretty well with some Dawn soap, hot water and microfiber cloth, and I polished the outside a bit. It was well used and dirty when I got it.

I'm using a Bliss rba, 18650 IMR battery, and 801-910 + 910-510 connectors and I have the bottom spring taken out.

I just bought a SS bottom cap, (looks like it has a brass connector) and a new brass button pin from COV. I'm hoping those will help, once I get them.

Any other ideas in the meantime as to how I can make my GGTS work a little better? Cleaning tips?

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
Hi, just got a used SS GGTS, i'm having some issues with conductivity (possibly)?

If i pop a battery in another mod it works fine, good vapor production, throat hit, ect. But, if I pop the same battery in the GGTS its like half the throat hit, some vapor production. (it works, but I know it can do better) I took the whole unit apart and cleaned it pretty well with some Dawn soap, hot water and microfiber cloth, and I polished the outside a bit. It was well used and dirty when I got it.

I'm using a Bliss RBA, 18650 IMR battery, and 801-910 + 910-510 connectors and I have the bottom spring taken out.

I just bought a SS bottom cap, (looks like it has a brass connector) and a new brass button pin from COV. I'm hoping those will help, once I get them.

Any other ideas in the meantime as to how I can make my GGTS work a little better? Cleaning tips?

I had a similar problem with my SSGTS only it wouldn't fire. Hope this thread helps. The white gasoline was awesome for my dirty threads.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/356842-my-gg-wont-fire-could-someone-help-me-trouble-shoot-please.html

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
your China connectors maybe cause the problem Taken. Please take them off and also take off the collector tank of GGTS. Connect your atomizer directly to the GGTS connector and report again:)

I'm using a Bliss RBA, 18650 IMR battery, and 801-910 + 910-510 connectors and I have the bottom spring taken out.

TakenALeft67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Va
After cleaning the threads i'm thinking its the Chinese connectors as well. They don't look like they make contact very well, and it does work better without them.

but, I just got the kick in the mail popped that in and now its working better than anything else I've ever had. Just gotta wait for those new GG connectors to come out. :)

thanks all!

billyapd21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2011
New York
also, please look for any black spots on the axis that is attached to the venting cap and to the firing pin of the button. Sand those brass pieces with a very very fine sandpaper and do this from time to time to keep connectivity to the highest levels Taken:)

Is it ok to polish the brass connections with a metal polish? Should act just like sanding right?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
also, please look for any black spots on the axis that is attached to the venting cap and to the firing pin of the button. Sand those brass pieces with a very very fine sandpaper and do this from time to time to keep connectivity to the highest levels Taken:)
For those that don't have fine sandpaper available, when I travel, I always use a bit of the black striking surface from a regular book of matches

billyapd21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2011
New York
I've always polished my connections but last night I also polished my tube threads for the first time and my TS is hitting like a monster this morning :)

I totally agree. I washed and polished my entire GGTS. Sanded and polished all the connections and axis. I even polished the inside where my kick goes. This thing is hitting so much harder. I bought some Mother Mag & Aluminum Polish from Autozone for $6 and it works really well. Gets alomst all everyday scratches out and gives it a nice shine. Looks brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread