Status
Not open for further replies.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
Hello everyone!

My GGTS (2012 version) is almost 2 years old, brass parts have aged nicely, scratches all over the place but none of them are deep. Dropped this baby a few times and got a few nicks here and there but nothing too bad. I've been doing maintenance on it consistently every week or 2 weeks, putting Vaseline on the orings, washing the parts with a special mix of white vinegar, dish soap, and good ol' water.

My last maintenance went pretty well except that one of the o-rings in the center pin (the small o-rings) snapped when I took it out. So now I only have one small o-ring inside the center pin, which is working well so far... but I think it is a indicator and the right time for me to get a set of new o-rings for my baby. I've searched high and low, including CloudsOfVapor, and could not find them in stock.

I know spare parts are hard to come by for GG items (no offense Imeo) but I am going to need a new set of o-rings pretty soon. Does anyone know where I can get some?

Also, I would like address a problem with the GGTS that I should have pointed out a long time ago but I didn't because it's not a big problem, as it is more of an annoyance. The threading on the middle telescope tube and the threading on the bottom tube (the one that houses the button) are not flush against each other, and therefore it creates a slight wobbling effect even when it is tightened down. This problem would be fixed if the threadings were closer to each other for each tube, and it might have been a production error. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Overall, great product and I always get compliments on it. People always ask 'how much was that?' but I don't tell them the price of it since that comes out as being egoistic in my opinion. I just tell them that it is made by some talented dude in Germany, and then I'll point to Imeo's name imprinted on the side of the bottom tube.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville

Kotso

Mar 15, 2012
Germany
Hello everyone!

My GGTS (2012 version) is almost 2 years old, brass parts have aged nicely, scratches all over the place but none of them are deep. Dropped this baby a few times and got a few nicks here and there but nothing too bad. I've been doing maintenance on it consistently every week or 2 weeks, putting Vaseline on the orings, washing the parts with a special mix of white vinegar, dish soap, and good ol' water.

My last maintenance went pretty well except that one of the o-rings in the center pin (the small o-rings) snapped when I took it out. So now I only have one small o-ring inside the center pin, which is working well so far... but I think it is a indicator and the right time for me to get a set of new o-rings for my baby. I've searched high and low, including CloudsOfVapor, and could not find them in stock.

I know spare parts are hard to come by for GG items (no offense Imeo) but I am going to need a new set of o-rings pretty soon. Does anyone know where I can get some?

Also, I would like address a problem with the GGTS that I should have pointed out a long time ago but I didn't because it's not a big problem, as it is more of an annoyance. The threading on the middle telescope tube and the threading on the bottom tube (the one that houses the button) are not flush against each other, and therefore it creates a slight wobbling effect even when it is tightened down. This problem would be fixed if the threadings were closer to each other for each tube, and it might have been a production error. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Overall, great product and I always get compliments on it. People always ask 'how much was that?' but I don't tell them the price of it since that comes out as being egoistic in my opinion. I just tell them that it is made by some talented dude in Germany, and then I'll point to Imeo's name imprinted on the side of the bottom tube.

Imeo is greek and not german

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Here is the full set of GGTS o-rings (picture doesn't show the small one's but they are included)

THE GOLDEN GREEK MODS :: O-rings :: GGTS O-rings - e-smokeguru
Haha no, the picture doesn't show those tiny o-rings! I was looking specifically for those after the first time I cleaned my GGTS and figured they would be way too easy to lose. I didn't see them pictured for the GGTS so I ordered the UFS set along with 2 sets of GGTS rings. I now has lots of teeny tiny o-rings :p

...then again you can never have too many spares!

Last edited:

Electraglide1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Dallas, Texas USA
...then again you can never have too many spares!

Maybe. My problem is I get new device from Imeo and so I need spares. After enough spares I think just a few more and I can build new device. I buy more, build new device, now I need spares again. Like a dog chasing my tail?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chefski

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2011
Denver
I have had the same problem with my 2 small orings on the center pin. Recently my button or my telescope middle tube gets pretty warm. I have taken my ggts apart multiple times... including the button. I have ordered a few new springs and brass axis and button pin. Hope this helps. I really get frustrated when my button or mod gets hot.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I have had the same problem with my 2 small orings on the center pin. Recently my button or my telescope middle tube gets pretty warm. I have taken my ggts apart multiple times... including the button. I have ordered a few new springs and brass axis and button pin. Hope this helps. I really get frustrated when my button or mod gets hot.

One more good cleaning, especially the button, including inside the housing. I had a crap load of dirt in there, don't know how it gets there, but over time it does.
That and the new brass contacts, would'nt hurt to get the brass firing pin if you don't have one already, and it'll be working better than brand new.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
don't just clean it though. Polish all surfaces that carry current. All threads, springs, button housing inside (Q-tips are perfect for inside housing) and out, button pin, the part of the button head that touches the button housing, and of course the center pin. After polishing give all parts a good scrub with toothpaste and a toothbrush. You'll be blown away by how it performs...without getting hot :)
And as bacc said, replace all your ss contacts (if you have any) with brass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread