Give Your ProVari A Love Tap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveFromNY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
New York
I have many different resistance carto's and atty's that I constantly switch throughout the day.

I love how the ProVari makes it easy to switch Volts but sometimes the 4-5 second lag between switching is a hassle. (Not really but I can turn your 4-5 second hassle into a 1 second one).

I noticed that if you get into the menu settings with your ProVari, and you gently tap the bottom of it on your table or hard surface, that you don't have to wait until the LED turns off. It automatically turns off and you can vape away on the best e-cig mod ever invented.

Just an FYI to those that already have one.

Stonemull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
hmm, battery inertia is compressing the spring, a split second later that spring force is hammering the battery and its interia back into the PCB. there is no spring up the other end to absorb the shock. so a much faster deceleration of the battery means much greater forces involved.

life expectancy ?? .. no idea but must be reduced significantly.

SteveFromNY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
New York
Hahaha! I laughed when I watched the video this morning, I tapped it way too hard in the vid!

Just by setting on a table like you normally would, would cause the display to turn off, it doesnt have to be hard. You can even do it against your hand.

This was a stupid thing I noticed that probably didn't even deserve it's own thread.

/Thread

Wasur

Aug 15, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I have many different resistance carto's and atty's that I constantly switch throughout the day.

I love how the ProVari makes it easy to switch Volts but sometimes the 4-5 second lag between switching is a hassle. (Not really but I can turn your 4-5 second hassle into a 1 second one).

I noticed that if you get into the menu settings with your ProVari, and you gently tap the bottom of it on your table or hard surface, that you don't have to wait until the LED turns off. It automatically turns off and you can vape away on the best e-cig mod ever invented.

Just an FYI to those that already have one.

Can You say "Warranty Void" Ouchy the if it doesnt fit force it rule does not apply to electronics :)

rchriste

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2010
Colorado
Can we call that the sledge hammer mod? Maybe SHAM for short? Ok, in all seriousness, I can appreciate the quest for knowledge. It's how we keep finding better ways of doing things. I don't think I would keep banging my equipment on a table but the result is ..... interesting.

On a side note. I've had my Provari since Monday and I'm really enjoying it. Enough so that I wouldn't want to abuse it on purpose. I mean.... they're not exactly cheap. Now if I were Charlie Sheen... with a huge disposable income.... well..... maybe I would.

Mods04.jpg

I tried this with a car many years ago. It wasn't stopping fast enough for me so I ran it into a wall.

Last edited:

rchriste

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2010
Colorado
I was reading yesterday somewhere that his Twitter account set an all time record of a 3.5 Million hit increase and as a result... Someone signed him to an endorsement deal. A rather lucrative one as well. Go figure.... That stuff never ceases to amaze me.

BTW.... No one has asked but yes... the car DID stop faster with the mod I tried on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread