Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Tron-S too, since they are the same tank.

The first problem was that none my Pico mods would recognize the atomizer at first. It seems the 510 pin is a tad on the short side and it needed an adapter to make the connection. The Picos are the only temp control mods I have (I'm not buying another mod to piddle with one tank).

The second issue is that the hidden airflow control means I can't see whether it's wide open, shut or where it might be in between. PITA. Even when I think it's shut it ain't and when I think it might be wide open it's too tight.

The last problem is that like the Mega, the tank can't handle higher VG liquids without constant babying. Prime the coils, fill the tank, start slow after an hour-long soak. I'll get maybe 8-10 draws (good ones, too) and here come the scorched cotton hits. Opening the tank to break the vacuum gets another 8 or so good hits and... ugh.

So, my quest for a versatile, mid-range tank that can handle a variety of PG/VG mixes goes on. I don't build coils.

The only tanks I have with 4ml or better capacity, the ability to accept TC and Kanthal stock coils and serve as excellent MTL and DL tanks are my Subtank minis. I know there are others out there, but I'm not spending more than $25.

Vaporesso Estoc is next. Got one in black and one in SS on the way.

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan
I use a Tron-T on a Pico as my daily vape.. have been doing so for more than 6 months..
Now I only use CLR coils which I rebuilt 1 in the 6 months mostly to try it out.. I use 1ohm coils but remove the cotton and use rayon.. I then every week or so clean the coil and change the rayon..My juice is 50/50 and never had a problem.. of course the CLR's are the better coil for the Ego one series ..

You should check out this thread lots of EGO experience there..
eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Good luck..

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sorry to hear you're having issues with it. I like them a lot but I use high PG (70/30) and they sit well inside an Xvo.

20170806_113430 (Medium).jpg

The top view actually is a plus with this mod. Mine are also always wide open, and I swap out the cotton too (also about once per week). No TC for me - straight up power mode.

Like everything vape though, nothing is for everyone. Sell 'em off, and stick with what works for you. If the Subtank Minis are it, that's all that matters.

:toast:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
So sorry to hear about your frustrations with the Tron tanks. I think the invisible airflow would be a PITA for me also. I found my "Holy Grail" of tanks in the Mega V1 w/CLR and retired my STMs to backup status.
Now this won't help the hidden airflow issue but there is a new coil available for your Trons called the ProCL. It's a vertical .6 ohm coil and has received high praise from our fearless leader in the CLR thread and he's not a fan of verticals. Just a suggestion.
Here's a link to his comment on the new coil.

Reactions: DPLongo22

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
So sorry to hear about your frustrations with the Tron tanks. I think the invisible airflow would be a PITA for me also. I found my "Holy Grail" of tanks in the Mega V1 w/CLR and retired my STMs to backup status.
Now this won't help the hidden airflow issue but there is a new coil available for your Trons called the ProCL. It's a vertical .6 ohm coil and has received high praise from our fearless leader in the CLR thread and he's not a fan of verticals. Just a suggestion.
Here's a link to his comment on the new coil.

Hmmm... I may give those a try.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I'm slowly having a change of heart on these tanks. I spent much of last week dabbling in temperature control and set up one of my Tron-T's with the Nickel 0.20 Ohm coil that shipped with it. They also ship with a Titanium coil, but I haven't tried that one, yet.

I've gone through two tankfuls of a commercial 6mg/ml 70/30 VG/PG juice and... I'm impressed with the smooth hit, lukewarm vapor and flavor production. I'm running it at 400-420 F with 0.5 sec 40 Watt preheat.

In wattage mode, I couldn't get above 30 Watts without the risk of toasting a Kanthal coil after a 5-7 second draw. In TC mode, I'm timing out the 10 second limit on the Pico and Pico Dual with no burn at all.

There's a lesson here for me--the more I experiment, the more I learn. And the more I learn, the more likely I am to revisit conclusions reached without full knowledge.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Reactions: DPLongo22

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I don't know what it's like. Just thought I'd see if you were aware of it. I was tempted also but finally decided to just stick with my eGo ONE Megas. Like the rebiuldable CLR better than the STM rebiuldable. I don't do the factory coils, been rebuilding almost from day one. Like da birdies say..... cheep cheep cheep;)

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I prefer the mega tank with CLR rebuild coils. Like the 1 ohm ones as they are great for MTL. You can also get them in .5 ohm for DTL. The center air post is larger in the .5 clr. These are kanthal but you can rebuild in SS.

The best pre-built coil for the Tron and Mega are the .6 ProCL SS for MTL.
ProCL 0.6ohm Head - Joyetech
ProCL_Head_01.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread